Fluval Spec Aquarium Kit
About This Item
- Contemporary etched-glass aquarium with aluminum trim combines style and functionality in one small but complete package.
- Sleek, arched light array and 7500K LED lamps result in noticeably bolder-looking fish along with brilliant plants and décor.
- Powerful circulation pump with adjustable output nozzle and large, 3-stage filter system delivers more than enough filtration for ultra-clean water.
- The system is simple to set up and maintain; includes all the necessary filter media including a porous foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings.
- Ideal for desks, offices and children’s rooms; the 2.6 gallon tank measures 11.8 x 10.8 x 8.7 inches and the 5-gallon tank measures 20.5 x 11.6 x 7.5 inches.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Aqueon LED MiniBow SmartClean Fish Aquarium Kit, White, 2.5-gal$46.99Chewy Price$54.99List Price
- Lifegard Crystal Aquarium w/ Side Filter, 7.43-gal$141.99Chewy Price$153.77List Price
- Fluval Edge 2.0 Glass Aquarium Kit, Black, 12-gal$299.99Chewy Price$324.99List Price
- dealFrisco 3 Betta Aquarium with Divider/Top$29.99Chewy Price
- H2Pro Glass Canopy(S) Aquarium Fish Tank Cover$26.24Chewy Price
- GloFish Aquarium Kit, 5-gal$80.04Chewy Price$88.49List Price
- dealAPI Aquarium Starter Kit$37.87Chewy Price$41.09List Price$35.98Autoship Price
- Lifegard Crystal Aquarium w/ Back Filter, 4.14-gal$86.99Chewy Price$98.84List Price
- Lifegard Crystal Aquarium, 17.11-gal$217.56Chewy Price
- Lifegard Crystal Bookshelf Aquarium, 22-gal$250.00Chewy Price$301.71List Price
- Aqueon LED Aquarium Starter Kit, 20-gal$134.45Chewy Price$164.99List Price
- Tetra ColorFusion Half Moon Aquarium Kit, 3-gal$29.58Chewy Price$52.19List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Betta, Tropical Freshwater||Betta, Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Betta|
|Capacity (Max)||2.6-gallon||3-gal||5-gal||5-gallon||5 gallon|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
I've been using this tank for over a year now. It has housed two healthy male guppies during this time. Pros: Attractive tank; filter is in it's own compartment which protects fish; other than the filter, tank is easy to clean; filter media easy to maintain. Cons: Filter is difficult to access. Difficulty with access is due to the filter being kept in a narrow compartment. One of the bottom suction cups holding the filter in place came off during the last cleaning. It was stuck on the bottom of the tank and I spent a frustrating time attempting to retrieve it. Eventually I was successful.The tubing of the circulation pump is easy to remove but the impeller and impeller well is very difficult to take apart.The end of the output pump is extremely difficult to snap on and off. Due to the negatives with the filter, I will not purchase a tank like this one again.
If you go to Fluval's website you will see that they don't recommend any tank under 20 gal. The light is overly bright and causes ton's of algae. I have to scrape the sides with a razor blade every 4 days. The inlet and outlet are on the same side of the tank making for circular water flow. I have to shut the filter off to feed the fish as the food gets sucks right into the filter. In the first 4 weeks of having this tank the pump wouldn't restart twice after being shut off and needed to be taken apart to get to work again. The suction cups on the bottom of the pump pull off when removing pump and the space is so small there is no way to get them out. Don't get gravel or anything else in the bottom of the filter section as you won't be able to remove them. In case you are wondering, the pump is on the lowest setting and there are 3 fish in the tank and I'm finding it needs weekly water changes. Also, I did not buy this tank from Chewy and my review is no reflection on them.
I have had this tank for just over a year now for my betta fish and has done very well. The only downside is the current can be too strong for my betta, even set on low, so I cover it with a cloth. The grates at the top of the foam filter are also just big enough that the suction pulls on his fins when he sits by it, so I draped another piece of cloth over it. With both of these modifications, he really enjoys his space. I also like that the filter section is closed off so he can not get stuck anywhere. The reason I give it four stars is becasue you really don't need to spend this much money on a tank. There are plenty of plan tanks you can just add a hanging filter on and be totally fine. As well as the two adjustments that I had made.
Light can be a uncomfortable on the eyes, otherwise good tank
The light that "floats" over the tank is a little too bright. I wish the manufacturer would make a deeper lip around the edges of the light or update this design to have a complete hood over the tank because it can be uncomfortable on the eyes from the sides. Otherwise, this is a good tank.
Tank lid broken upon arrival, as was part of the base of the tank. Did not appear damaged in shipping - I am guessing it was just poor QC at the place of manufacture.
Leaking at bottom front corner
So i waited 2 months to order this as it was sold out.i received it yesterday i was so excited everything looked fine i filled it and let it sit overnight to cycle before adding my fish.woke up this morning to discover that it was wet all over my credenza and has a small leak somewhere in front bottom( pics attached) so i call chewy and girl tells me i have to go through all the trouble of lugging this thing back to return!!! I am just getting over surgery for ovarian cancer a couple months ago & scheduled to go in for another on May 5th now i have to worry about how im going to try & ship this back..rediculious! Chewy is usually better at customer service and standing behind their products if something is not up to their great standards...not to mention it caused slight water damage to the top of my credenza!! Pucs should speak for itself
nice tank but has some issues
Purchased this tank for my sons birthday. The corner of the lid came broken and the light worked for about a week. Now the blue light works but the white light is very dim, to the point it’s not even worth having on. Disappointed. Very nice tank otherwise.
Great aquarium but requires modifications for small fish
This is a nice aquarium kit, but filter is too powerful for small fish and slits at opening to filter area are too large and can catch the fins of fish. If you buy this be prepared to put something over the filter and the opening to the filter area. A fluval pre filter sponge fits well over the filter.
Chewy has done it again! Best price and BEST customer service. Original item arrived broken and Chewy had a replacement at my door 24 hours later...on a Saturday no less. This was done without my requesting it. Amazing aquarium is equally wonderful. A very nice home for a betta, and virtually the easiest set up and maintenance I ve experienced. It’s beautiful! Buy without hesitation u and ur fish r both in very good hands. THX CHEWY!!!
Great little tank
Fluval has by far the best products!! The Spec has nice clean lines with a sleek filter compartment using both mechanical and biological media to filter the water in a 5 gallon tank is unbelievable. The light is spot on and offers a planted tank plenty of light as well as blue light at night.Very happy with my purchase!!