Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Super soft bedding ensures your pet has a comfy spot to rest.
- This eco-friendly bedding is made from a renewable, sustainable resource.
- Highly absorbent to help control tropical humidity.
- Free of salt chemicals, oils and parasites
- Bacteria resistant to discourage mites and stop odors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Galapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, Golden, 0.33-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Eco Carpet, 50-gal$24.99Chewy Price
- DealGalapagos Reindeer Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, 150 cubic inch bag$6.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 75-gal$15.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Galapagos Pillow Moss Reptile & Amphibian Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 4-qt bag$11.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Galapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Galapagos Mossy Crash Pad Terrarium Bedding, Fresh Green, 18-in x 36-in$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Zoo Med HydroBalls Lightweight Expanded Clay Terrarium Substrate, 2.5-lb, bundle of 3$37.02Chewy Price$38.97List Price
- Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Expandable Reptile Substrate, 12 count$30.36Chewy Price$31.96List Price$28.84Autoship Price
- DealReptile Prime Extra Fine Coconut Fiber Reptile Substrate, 12-qt bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- DealKomodo Disposable Tank Reptile Liners, 12 x 24-in$12.99Chewy Price$16.09List Price
- Exo Terra Coco Husk Brick Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 8-qt, bundle of 3$18.51Chewy Price$19.47List Price$17.58Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
Wrong amnt sent
I bought 2 3 brick packs and only recieved 2 bricks.Chewy was quick to remedy the problem but seems to me they need to educate their packers since we all are seeming to have the same mistake made to us.I will reorder this week and hope for the best.I love the product, but have lots of tanks to keep up
Worth the price
It's a little bit more grainy and chunky compared to Zoo Med Eco Earth. It works as intended for my lizards and amphibians. It seems to hold water/humidity a bit better as well. I always sift and inspect my bedding before use - I did find pieces of plastic and a stick.
Great costumer service
I ordered 3 bricks of the Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, but only 1 arrived. I called Chewy & right away it got taken care of. The lady I talked to admitted it was Chewys mistake, apologized and got it taken care of emedeately. Two days later I received 2 others for a total of 3. Very good costumer service, quick, and helpful.
Packaged well, good amount, good price, easy to moisten and use, lasts a good amount of time... it's exactly what it's supposed to be- soil. Nothing special about it, but I use the same one every time I clean out my terrarium, works for me and my geckos!
Good Coco Coir But Not The Best
I've thus far purchased and used three different brands of coco coir. My favorite coir is Eco Earth but it's sold out often (for good reason as there's no strings in theirs and the coir is perfectly fluffy), so I decided it was worth it to try another company. I worried this soil might be the quality of Exo Terra's "Plantation Soil", which contains lots of stringy bits that don't hydrate well... but I was pleasantly surprised! While this coir does have some of these stringy bits they're much shorter strings than found in Exo Terra's soil, and there's very few of them. Most of the coir is the quality of Eco Earth's - hydrates and expands quickly, and turns into a light, fluffy substrate. Between my bugs and my plants I can go through a heck of a lot of coir so it's cheaper to buy these compressed blocks. I would definitely buy these blocks again as an alternative to Eco Earth coir. All-in-all, could be better... but not by much. Good product!
I got the bricks and after moistening the brick up, the soil is so fine and smells like, well, soil! Holds moisture really well and loved mixing it with some husk and moss. So convenient having this online instead of having to go out.
Works great, my critters (ball python and salamander) seem to like it
8qt Bricks are wonderful!
I have two snakes that I use Coconut Soil for but typically buy the bagged soil. I tried the 8qt bricks without any experience in rehydrating the bedding as it calls for and was pleasantly surprised! I bought 4 packages total (3bricks/package) of the bricks and opened 6 of them to rehydrate immediately when changing bedding following the instructions on the package. The amount that was acquired from rehydration filled my 40 gallon and 36 gallon with nearly 2 bricks worth left over. I'm happy to have found a product that mists well, holds a nice humidity/temperature, and looks natural after rehydration. Snakes are content and so am I. Absolutely would recommend.