Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Super soft bedding ensures your pet has a comfy spot to rest.
- This eco-friendly bedding is made from a renewable, sustainable resource.
- Highly absorbent to help control tropical humidity.
- Free of salt chemicals, oils and parasites
- Bacteria resistant to discourage mites and stop odors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealGalapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, Golden, 150 cubic inch bag$8.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Komodo Disposable Tank Reptile Liners, 12 x 24-in$12.99Chewy Price$15.19List Price
- Galapagos Magnolia Terrarium Leaves, 4-qt bag$8.86Chewy Price$14.99List Price$8.42Autoship Price
- dealZoo Med HydroBalls Lightweight Expanded Clay Terrarium Substrate, 2.5-lb$10.35Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- dealGalapagos Pillow Moss Reptile & Amphibian Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 4-qt bag$8.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Fluker's Live Moss for Hermit Crabs, .5-oz bag$5.43Chewy Price$6.90List Price
- dealReptile Prime Extra Fine Coconut Fiber Reptile Substrate, 12-qt bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Eco Carpet, 10-gal$2.71Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Fluker's Hermit Beach Sand Substrate, 6-lb bag$7.33Chewy Price$9.32List Price
- Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Reptile Substrate, 10-lb bag$13.10Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.44Autoship Price
- dealGalapagos Sheet Moss Reptile & Amphibian Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 150 cubic inch bag$5.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Exoticare Exotichip Coco Husk Chip Reptile Bedding, 11-lb bag$27.53Chewy Price$29.99List Price$26.15Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 Customer Reviews
Great costumer service
I ordered 3 bricks of the Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, but only 1 arrived. I called Chewy & right away it got taken care of. The lady I talked to admitted it was Chewys mistake, apologized and got it taken care of emedeately. Two days later I received 2 others for a total of 3. Very good costumer service, quick, and helpful.
Packaged well, good amount, good price, easy to moisten and use, lasts a good amount of time... it's exactly what it's supposed to be- soil. Nothing special about it, but I use the same one every time I clean out my terrarium, works for me and my geckos!
Good Coco Coir But Not The Best
I've thus far purchased and used three different brands of coco coir. My favorite coir is Eco Earth but it's sold out often (for good reason as there's no strings in theirs and the coir is perfectly fluffy), so I decided it was worth it to try another company. I worried this soil might be the quality of Exo Terra's "Plantation Soil", which contains lots of stringy bits that don't hydrate well... but I was pleasantly surprised! While this coir does have some of these stringy bits they're much shorter strings than found in Exo Terra's soil, and there's very few of them. Most of the coir is the quality of Eco Earth's - hydrates and expands quickly, and turns into a light, fluffy substrate. Between my bugs and my plants I can go through a heck of a lot of coir so it's cheaper to buy these compressed blocks. I would definitely buy these blocks again as an alternative to Eco Earth coir. All-in-all, could be better... but not by much. Good product!
I got the bricks and after moistening the brick up, the soil is so fine and smells like, well, soil! Holds moisture really well and loved mixing it with some husk and moss. So convenient having this online instead of having to go out.
Works great, my critters (ball python and salamander) seem to like it
8qt Bricks are wonderful!
I have two snakes that I use Coconut Soil for but typically buy the bagged soil. I tried the 8qt bricks without any experience in rehydrating the bedding as it calls for and was pleasantly surprised! I bought 4 packages total (3bricks/package) of the bricks and opened 6 of them to rehydrate immediately when changing bedding following the instructions on the package. The amount that was acquired from rehydration filled my 40 gallon and 36 gallon with nearly 2 bricks worth left over. I'm happy to have found a product that mists well, holds a nice humidity/temperature, and looks natural after rehydration. Snakes are content and so am I. Absolutely would recommend.