Gamma2 Vittles Vault Pet Food Storage
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Durable, BPA free food grade plastic keeps food fresh and pests out
- Easy opening wide screw lid, with molded handles for easy transport
- Heavy duty waterproof plastic makes it safe for barn, porch or garage storage
- Keeps pet food odor contained in vault. No more pet food smells that can attract other animals
- Features a stylish granite stone finish
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dexas Popware for Pets Collapsible KlipScoop, Pink, 1/2 cup$6.99Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- Bergan Stack-N-Stor Pet Food Storage, 18-gal$49.99Chewy Price$67.99List Price
- Gamma2 Vittles Vault Junior Pet Food Storage, 4-6 lb$24.99Chewy Price
- Van Ness Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 0.5-cup$6.55Chewy Price$7.49List Price
- DealOutward Hound Fun Feeder Interactive Dog Bowl, Orange, 4 cup$15.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- DealOutward Hound Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Interactive Dog Bowl, Teal, 4-cup$17.49Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Maslow Stainless Steel Kennel Dog Bowl, 4-cup$4.99Chewy Price
- Petmate Pearl Pet Cafe Waterer, Tan, Large$14.72Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- JW Pet Skid Stop Heavyweight Non-Skid Plastic Dog & Cat Bowl, 0.5-cup$4.21Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- Platinum Pets Modern Double Diner Elevated Wide Rimmed Dog & Cat Bowls, Copper Vein, 6.25-cup$29.23Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- DealOutward Hound Port-A-Bowl Pet Bowl, Green, 48-oz$6.99Chewy Price$7.49List Price
- PetFusion Premium Silicone Dog & Cat Food Mat, Gray, Large$15.01Chewy Price$21.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Lifestage||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Airtight, Food Storage||Airtight, Food Storage||Airtight, Food Storage||Airtight, Food Storage||Airtight, Food Storage|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
31 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
863 Customer Reviews
Would buy again
Definitely would buy this again and would recommend to friends and family. Much nicer to look at than a bag of dog food. Mine did not come with a scoop, but we ordered a separate scoop anyway. We are new dog parents so Im not sure if this is common knowledge I just missed but the 50lb container does not hold a 47 lb bag of dog food, which was one of the main reasons we purchased it. We had enough left in the dog food bag to make a few to go bags for when we go to our parents houses but we were a little disappointed in that regard.
Love this thing!
This is the perfect dog food container. It has a small footprint (50 lb size), I can open & close it with one hand, and it keeps the critters out. This container holds a 35lb bag of Purina ProPlan pefectly with a few inches to spare. I'm planning on buying the smaller one for the cat's food.
Hold up well
I'm about to purchase another 50lb container. I've had two 50s, one 15, a 10, and a 25 for several years now. I've only had to replace the rubber seal on one of them. I use them for chicken feed, scratch, and oyster shell. Mine are stored outdoors under a carport. They keep ants out and keep feed fresh.
Holds less than advertised
I ordered the 30lb container because I buy 31.1 lb food bags. I tried to pour the food in (knowing there may be a small amount that wouldn't fit) but there was a lot of food left in my bag after the container was already full. I returned the container and haven't tried a larger one yet, but the quality seemed really good.
Good, but didn't have all the parts weren't there
It has been a great container for my dogs food so far, but the only thing i did not like was the fact that it did not come with a scooper.
We keep our dog food in the garage, in rubber, lidded trash bins that weren't sealed tight. This summer for some reason an enterprising chipmunk over a couple of weeks went about chewing through one of the handles (he did the same thing to one of our bird seed bins). We tried the Gamma 2 and it's been great. The screw tight lid is perfect to keep the scent in as to not attract the chippies. The lid is so easy to open / close. The Gamma is also perfect size to hold a 35-pound bag full of food with a little extra space left. We're getting another one to secure teh birdseed. Great product. Highly reccomend.
I Prefer the Original Gamma Better But This is Still a Good Buy
Just purchased this larger one for my new boy. A few things to note...this new model comes without the scoop. Bad, now using an old cream cheese container to scoop. 2. Several reviews complained of the smell. If you wash the container with soap and water and leave it open to dry overnight there is no more smell. Thus I believe it is safe to store the dog food without trying to jam the bag inside. 3. The item is a thinner plastic and the lid is not as easy to thread though it is a tight seal. This makes it easier to move around but only time will tell whether it will last as long. Right now I am happy with it.
Definitely not air-tight. There were moths that crawled along the treads of the container top and laid eggs. Eww. Glad I saw them before feeding my pups. The search continues...
Great food container
I had one of the cheap plastic containers before to store my dog's food in and it sucked when we had to travel, and id put it in the bed of the truck. With the Gamma i do not have to worry about water leaking in or crappy wheels making it slide all over the back of my truck. There's not much to say it's a food container but a really good one to keep water and insects out of your dog's food. the only downside i found is the older models came with a measuring cup and the new models do not nor can you buy the one that goes with it separately.
Holds less then advertised
Bought two identical 50lb containers. One appears slightly smaller then the other. Each only holds around 36lbs of dog food and not 50 as advertised.