HerpCult Acrylic Clear-Top Reptile Habitat, 8.3-gal
About This Item
- Sliding, one-click closure with strong magnetic snaps keeps your buddies safe and sound.
- Clear, acrylic design means you can check in on your pals anytime.
- Waterproof terrarium is safe to use with heating pads.
- Cross ventilation ensures constant airflow.
- Plenty of room to add substrate, décor and accessories.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- OiiBO Full Glass Front Opening Reptile Tank Terrarium, 34-gal$239.99Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Glass Reptile Terrarium, 34-gal$178.99Chewy Price
- REPTI ZOO Mini Glass Reptile Terrarium Tank, 12 x 8 x 8$55.24Chewy Price$55.99List Price
- HerpCult Vertical Acrylic Insect & Reptile Terrarium, Large$55.97Chewy Price
- Zilla Micro Habitat Terrariums with Locking Latch Arboreal, Large$35.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Zoo Med Natural Cork Tile Aquarium Background, 12 x 18-in$13.68Chewy Price$18.76List Price
- HerpCult Acrylic Insect & Reptile Terrarium, Clear Top, Medium$41.59Chewy Price
- Penn-Plax Tortoise Palace Terrarium Stand$314.12Chewy Price
- Glasscages Reptile Terrarium, 20-gal$184.19Chewy Price
- Zilla Desert Reptile Terrarium Starter Kit with Light & Heat, 10-gal$74.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price
- Zilla Tropical Vertical Starter Kit with Mini Halogen Lighting$99.99Chewy Price$119.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Acrylic, Plastic||Acrylic, Plastic||Plastic, Acrylic||Acrylic, Plastic||Glass, Plastic|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
7 Customer Reviews
This is the perfect enclosure for what I need! I've looked at dozens and dozens of brands, sizes, etc., but none of them were exactly what I was looking for, until now! This HerpCult Acrylic Clear-Top 8.3 gallon enclosure in my opinion, is the best in quality and features and has just the right measurements needed for my adult Mexican Red Knee tarantula. I also love the way it looks and it has just the right amount of ventilation. The locking magnetic top is very secure and works great! I couldn't ask for a better enclosure for my pet tarantula!
Favorite tarantula enclosures
This size and shape is about perfect for most terrestrial tarantulas, with a very good amount of space for deep substrate. I have a Repti Zoo LED light over one and it makes for a beautiful display setup. The clear all acrylic design is my favorite for aesthetic and function. The top gives full access for maintenance, but does warp slightly with humid setups. I just flip it over and let it warp back the other way. It always fits, but fit can tighten causing the enclose to rock a little. Makes an awesome habitat for eye catching animals.
Hercult Acrylic Enclosure.
I was really apprehensive about buying this after a buddy of mine said he ordered a bunch of these for his T's that arrived cracked or with separated seams. I decided to take a gamble and buy it to rehome my Greenbottle blue female since she is an adult not and has completely outgrown the critter keeper. I didn't have time to wait for tarantula cribs to come back into stock. However, I am not disappointed. It arrived on time and it was packaged really well it was double boxed each layer with styrofoam to avoid cracking and tons of bubble wrap. The clear acrylic is beautiful although it did have some tiny hardly noticeable scratches on it that looks like it may have happened during manufacturing. Some of the vent holes also weren't complete pushed through. This wasn't a huge deal to be though, I just covered the hip of a ball point pen with some painters tape and pushed the pieces through the rest of the way. Worked just fine. Besides those small things I absolutely love this enclosure.The magnets are really strong, the lid fits right and seamlessly, and my favorite part this little lip piece on the lid that keeps small children like I have from pulling the lid open. You have to lift and pull to open it. I seriously love that. Long story short I'm buying another smaller one for my sub adult flame leg.
Herpcult needs quality control!
2 of 7 HerpCult enclosures I’ve received have had bad defects. This particular one has a side panel installed upside down! The holes are along the bottom. That’s fine for what I intended to use it for—a white knee tarantula—but not much else that I raise. The other enclosure was a tall and the magnets were installed upside down. They repelled and opened the lid! Chewy has great customer service but HerpCult needs to get it together. The tall enclosure was going to be for a pokie. They have a mean bite and are the last thing I want escaping!
Nice enclosure for tarantulas
I'm planning to use this in the future for three balfouri communal. Kinda wish it's a couple more inches taller but no biggie. It's built pretty solid
One of the best
I purchased this for my juvenile Goliath Bird Eater Tarantula. It should hold her for a couple of years until she needs something bigger. Great design. High quality. Good price for acrylic with predrilled vent holes. Lid is very secure. I will probably purchase this again if the price doesn't increase.
Perfect for Terrestrial Tarantulas
Bought this for my Curly Hair tarantula and I love it! Herpcult’s enclosures in general are my go to for my Ts