K9 Sport Sack Air 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Features a thick rest pad so your pal can “sit” comfortably, while leaving his paws and head out to explore.
- Easy to put on with adjustable chest strap for your pooch, adjustable shoulder straps with whistle clip for you, and easy-pull zipper.
- Great for hiking, errands, long walks, rucking and everything in between, with light reflecting chest strip for added safety.
- Additional features include adjustable side pockets and a fuzzy fastener soft side to add custom tags, lights and more.
- Veterinarian-approved design with built-in safety D-ring for collar hookup and fully ventilated sides.
Click here for the K9 Sport Sack Dog Carrier Booster Block.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Premium Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$30.99Chewy Price
- K9 Sport Sack Air Plus 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Black, Medium$93.52Chewy Price$99.95List Price
- Frisco Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$16.14Chewy Price$20.00List Price
- KOPEKS Deluxe Travel Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Grey$59.95Chewy Price$89.99List Price
- K9 Rucksack Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Heather Gray$124.95Chewy Price$131.99List Price
- Cat-in-the-bag E-Z-Zip Cat Carrier Bag, Light Blue, Large$36.90Chewy Price
- FurryFido Classic Reversible Dog & Cat Carrier Sling, Blue$22.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo G-Train Dog Carrier Backpack, Black$123.28Chewy Price$159.99List Price
- Petmate Soft-Sided Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Medium Black$17.30Chewy Price$48.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Mod Capsule Dog & Cat Carrier, Classy Gray$57.46Chewy Price$120.99List Price
- Kurgo Explorer Airline-Approved Dog Carrier Bag, Black, Large$89.95Chewy Price$98.99List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Dog Carrier Booster Block, Medium/Large$9.95Chewy Price$12.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Top Load, Interior Tether, Pockets, Water-resistant||Pockets, Water-resistant||—||—||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Pockets...|
|Material||Nylon, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||—||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||—|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
177 Customer Reviews
A must have for older dogs!
My 8yr yorkipoo likes to walk with my younger dog, but his age and joint pain make it hard to keep up. I bring the backpack with me on walks, and when the he starts getting too tired, it takes about 30 seconds to put him in the backpack and put it on. It can be tricky to take on and off by yourself. I think if he were bigger than 10 lbs I would need an extra set of hands.
Get this backpack
The second I got this pack in the mail I opened it, put my 19 pound 17in long schnauzer in it, and went for a walk. He is beefy since we live on a farm and spend our days outside running around. However when we want to go hiking he gets anxious to be in a new environment. I noticed last time when I picked him up he calmed right down. He wasn't too hard to put in the medium pack and on the second try, after we came in from the walk, I was able to get him in by myself. He seemed to really like it and was content to let me do all the work. Lol! The straps are sturdy and very adjustable. There seems to be a lot of care put into making the dog comfortable. The chest strap is fine and overall I like the pack! I can't wait for our adventures with it!
Strap broke the first time we used it
We were super stoked to bring our dog along during hiking trips, especially because of his shoulder injury. It meant that he could still enjoy the outdoors with us. Unfortunately, our first time using this backpack, one of the shoulder straps broke and we couldn't even start our hike up the mountain :-( Disappointed and wouldn't recommend this backpack to others.
K9 Sport Sack
I love this backpack, my girl is 21 lbs and 11 years old. Her back legs are getting weaker but she still loves her walks. I wear the backpack when we are walking and if she gets tired I just need to put her in this and carry on. She loves it! I love it! And the quality of the item is so sturdy, Honey has a longer back and I was not sure if she would fit in the Medium, it is a perfect fit. I wish I bought this item years ago.
Poor Fit For Us Unfortunately
I am so disappointed. I measured and remeasured my puppy to be sure I was getting the correct size and I have tried to use the backpack three times on short walks around my neighborhood but it is SO uncomfortable! He fits in it but the actual backpack straps are so small that is it almost impossible to get him on my back. Once I do get him up, (there is a lot of swinging involved which he obviously doesn’t like), and I tighten the backpack straps down so he is snug to my back then the adjuster plastic clips are digging into my arm pits because the padded part of the straps are so short. I am not a large woman, but also not tiny. We are supposed to go camping and hiking next month and I do not think I can bear the discomfort of using this backpack. I also really cannot afford for it to go to waste while I look for another backpack.
Well made backpack, but sizing is off.
I used the size chart to order a SMALL for my 16 pound pug who is under 15" long and has a girth of under 20". The backpack is long and narrow and fits her like a sausage casing. The armholes are small and constricting and, with her arms also raised straight up, I'm concerned that her circulation will be quickly cut off. I'm a small woman, so I can tighten the shoulder straps enough to ALMOST get the dog looking forward over my shoulder. (It would be even better if it also had a belt.) On a larger person, with the shoulder straps lengthened, the dog ends up tilted back, looking straight at the sun (if you prefer to walk upright, not leaning forwards like the models in the photos). This pack might work well for a smaller skinnier dog? Maybe it is unsuited to the pug body type or would fit my dog better in a larger size (hopefully with bigger armholes). There is NO WAY any animal weighing 30 pounds would fit in this thing.
Roosevelt waits for them! I give him his gravy treat first. Then he sits waiting for this treat! I chop them up into 8 pieces. He likes them this way. But if I leave them out, he has chewed through the paper and gobbled up several sticks on his own! I now keep them in the cabinet. He follows me to the cabinet and back. Meowing the whole way!
This is the best carrier I have ever used for Indie! The Air 2 is lightweight but durable and that is exactly what I was looking for. It is also very comfortable to wear. We go on a lot of hikes and bike rides and now every time I pull out the K9 Sport Sack, Indie gets so excited to go on an adventure!
Worked great for my pup
This worked really well for my dog who was having trouble walking at the time. Highly recommend!
Jury is still out
I have only used it once so I can't speak to what I will think long-term. Doggie seems to be fine with it once she's in. It's not that easy getting her in and I do think you need it to be a 2 person job unless you have a very small dog (mine is 10 lbs). Once up on the back, it feels a bit awkward and I kept wondering if she was falling out. My husband assured me she seemed fine but it felt weird to not be able to see her and any movement made me worry she'd fall out, although she does sit snuggly in it. My main concern is that the material will probably be too hot for summer time. It is cute and we got plenty of remarks. Just not sure if this is going to be the solution for long hikes, especially once it gets warmer.