K9 Sport Sack Air 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Features a thick rest pad so your pal can “sit” comfortably, while leaving his paws and head out to explore.
- Easy to put on with adjustable chest strap for your pooch, adjustable shoulder straps with whistle clip for you, and easy-pull zipper.
- Great for hiking, errands, long walks, rucking and everything in between, with light reflecting chest strip for added safety.
- Additional features include adjustable side pockets and a fuzzy fastener soft side to add custom tags, lights and more.
- Veterinarian-approved design with built-in safety D-ring for collar hookup and fully ventilated sides.
Click here for the K9 Sport Sack Dog Carrier Booster Block.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Premium Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$30.99Chewy Price
- K9 Sport Sack Trainer Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Turquiose, Small$49.95Chewy Price$59.95List Price
- Frisco Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$20.00Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Air Plus 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Black, Medium$94.95Chewy Price$99.95List Price
- Kurgo G-Train Dog Carrier Backpack, Black$123.28Chewy Price$159.99List Price
- K9 Sport Sack KNAVIGATE Forward Facing Backpack Dog Carrier, Black, Large$164.95Chewy Price$179.95List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Rover 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Black, XX-Large$264.95Chewy Price$279.95List Price
- K9 Rucksack Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Heather Gray$124.95Chewy Price$131.99List Price
- Outward Hound Puppak 2 in 1 Dog Carrier, Black$87.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Sport Cat & Dog Bicycle Basket$69.95Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Travel Bike Dog Backpack$67.39Chewy Price$109.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Top Load, Interior Tether, Pockets, Water-resistant||Pockets, Water-resistant||—||Pockets, Removable Pad, Top Load, Water-resistant, Interior Tether||—|
|Material||Nylon, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||—||No Tools Required||—||No Tools Required|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
173 Customer Reviews
Poor Fit For Us Unfortunately
I am so disappointed. I measured and remeasured my puppy to be sure I was getting the correct size and I have tried to use the backpack three times on short walks around my neighborhood but it is SO uncomfortable! He fits in it but the actual backpack straps are so small that is it almost impossible to get him on my back. Once I do get him up, (there is a lot of swinging involved which he obviously doesn’t like), and I tighten the backpack straps down so he is snug to my back then the adjuster plastic clips are digging into my arm pits because the padded part of the straps are so short. I am not a large woman, but also not tiny. We are supposed to go camping and hiking next month and I do not think I can bear the discomfort of using this backpack. I also really cannot afford for it to go to waste while I look for another backpack.
Well made backpack, but sizing is off.
I used the size chart to order a SMALL for my 16 pound pug who is under 15" long and has a girth of under 20". The backpack is long and narrow and fits her like a sausage casing. The armholes are small and constricting and, with her arms also raised straight up, I'm concerned that her circulation will be quickly cut off. I'm a small woman, so I can tighten the shoulder straps enough to ALMOST get the dog looking forward over my shoulder. (It would be even better if it also had a belt.) On a larger person, with the shoulder straps lengthened, the dog ends up tilted back, looking straight at the sun (if you prefer to walk upright, not leaning forwards like the models in the photos). This pack might work well for a smaller skinnier dog? Maybe it is unsuited to the pug body type or would fit my dog better in a larger size (hopefully with bigger armholes). There is NO WAY any animal weighing 30 pounds would fit in this thing.
Roosevelt waits for them! I give him his gravy treat first. Then he sits waiting for this treat! I chop them up into 8 pieces. He likes them this way. But if I leave them out, he has chewed through the paper and gobbled up several sticks on his own! I now keep them in the cabinet. He follows me to the cabinet and back. Meowing the whole way!
This is the best carrier I have ever used for Indie! The Air 2 is lightweight but durable and that is exactly what I was looking for. It is also very comfortable to wear. We go on a lot of hikes and bike rides and now every time I pull out the K9 Sport Sack, Indie gets so excited to go on an adventure!
Worked great for my pup
This worked really well for my dog who was having trouble walking at the time. Highly recommend!
Jury is still out
I have only used it once so I can't speak to what I will think long-term. Doggie seems to be fine with it once she's in. It's not that easy getting her in and I do think you need it to be a 2 person job unless you have a very small dog (mine is 10 lbs). Once up on the back, it feels a bit awkward and I kept wondering if she was falling out. My husband assured me she seemed fine but it felt weird to not be able to see her and any movement made me worry she'd fall out, although she does sit snuggly in it. My main concern is that the material will probably be too hot for summer time. It is cute and we got plenty of remarks. Just not sure if this is going to be the solution for long hikes, especially once it gets warmer.
carrier for my pup
When dog was in sack the weight of him dropped him to middle low back. Which then brought strap up to my throat. Item didn't hold him snug enough for my comfort. And my pup is only 8lbs.
First time’s a charm
When we tried to place it on our shitzu at home, she was hesitant. We didn’t purchase the bolster and her leg was stretched a bit in an unpleasant manner. However, we used a yoga block in the bottom of it when we put it to use at Palo Duro Canyon and she had no problems with her leg and would allow us, without hesitation, to put her in it once she realized she would be getting a hiking break. She liked it so much, we purchased a custom patch with her name on it, to place on the body of the pack.
It's the Worst
I don't know how anyone can say they like this. The pics are all very misleading. It wasn't bad getting my 9 pound poodle to sit in it, or put it on except he kept pulling his paws back out. However, it was horrible for me. With Oliver on my back, exactly as he should be, the chest strap came up across my throat. I had to hold the straps in the front down while I walked slowly on my treadmill. I don't even know how people said they wore it while biking, motorcycling, etc. I absolutely do not recommend this.
Softer than expected
This bag has almost no structure, I wouldn't want to have my dog in it for longer than 20 minutes. He's 25 lbs and the bag felt like it was straining under his weight.