MidWest Day Tripper Dog & Cat Backpack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed to comply with major airline regulations for animal carriers — although you should still consult with your airline carrier for their specific requirements before traveling.
- Carrier is durably constructed with sturdy metal zippers, strong mesh ventilation and solid clips.
- Features front and top-access doors and collapses flat for easy storage when not in use.
- Padded straps and buckled waist strap let you carry your pet on your back in an ergonomic manner.
- Built-in poop bag dispenser and water bottle holder help you attend to your pet’s needs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Top Loading Cat Kennel, Gray$20.99Chewy Price
- DealPetAmi Airline Approved Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier, Purple$39.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price
- DealFrisco Collapsible Cat Carrier Bag, Animal Sketch$11.99Chewy Price
- DealKatziela Safari Sleeper Dog & Cat Carrier, Black$54.99Chewy Price
- DealPetAmi Deluxe Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier, Red$38.99Chewy Price
- DealKOPEKS Deluxe Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier, Large, Black$64.95Chewy Price$77.99List Price
- DealSnoozer Pet Products Roll Around 4-in-1 Travel Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Black, Large$146.95Chewy Price$176.99List Price
- DealEliteField Deluxe Soft Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Purple/Gray, 18-in$30.90Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- DealPaws & Pals Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Green, Medium/Large$24.95Chewy Price$34.95List Price
- DealZampa Soft-Sided Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Black, Medium$24.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- DealSherpa To-Go Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Gray$34.99Chewy Price$63.45List Price
- DealEliteField Expandable Soft Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Navy Blue, 17-in$37.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Collapsible||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Seat Belt Loop...||Top Load, Seat Belt Loop, Removable Pad...||Top Load, Removable Pad, Interior Tether...||Top Load, Rolling, Interior Tether, Pockets, Airline-approved|
|Material||Cotton, Polyester, Natural Fabric, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Mesh, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Steel, Metal||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||—||—||No||No Tools Required|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
17 Customer Reviews
We bought two of these for our trip to Oregon when we would go on hikes and our 16 yr Miniature Poodle and 12 yr old Shitzu could not walk very long, he did great and this was easy on our backs, very comfortable to wear. Great product.
This is just what I’d been looking for! It wasn’t too pricey and it looks nice. Most importantly, however, my kitty loves it! We can take her places and even when just at home we leave it out and she likes to sleep in it. It’s become her special cozy, space. It keeps her secure when we’re wearing it. It has good support and ventilation. It’s comfortable to wear for me too. I was hoping to buy it in gray, but that wasn’t available. I opted for the olive green and it’s very nice. Not too bright.
Good so far!
I've used it a few times with my 8lb cat! So far so good. He likes to go in there and lay down even if we're not going anywhere. It's spacious and doesn't collapse. However, I imagine that a 10lb animal is about the maximum you'd want to put in this backpack. Any more weight and it would be too heavy and/or too small for the animal.
very well made bag
I am very surprised and satisfied with the quality. Beautiful bag. However I am returning it since my cat is too large for the bag.
Awesome back pack!
Nice and sturdy. I love it. Perfect pet carrier. Color is great. Size is just right.
Sturdy and a good design, but having the handle only on the back is unstable
Sturdy and a good design, but having the handle only on the back tips the whole carrier forward in a way that feels unstable for my cat. I wish it had a good handle system at the top so I could carry it in one hand when needed. I like that it collapses, and the bag feels well made, though its actually a bit large for my cat.
So far, my kitten likes this pack and jumps in on his own. We have not walked around yet, so I can't say how it "rides". I like that it can be used two ways.
The only backpack
I’ve had this for over a year and it’s still holding up, my cat loves it.
Almost-perfect cat backpack (good for travel!)
The perfect cat backpack possibly does not exist, but this one came pretty darn close. The short of it: I LOVE this pack. The construction is sturdy: rigid sides that don't cave in, hard bottom that doesn't sag, but still covered in a double-sided machine-washable fabric and a little padding for comfort. I love the boxy shape, and I think it's more comfortable for my cat (feels roomier than other bags that taper at the top or feel narrow). On some of the longer trips we take, he's scratched at the mesh of the bag, but none of it has ripped yet. For reference, my cat is 10 months old, 8-10 lbs, and we've been using this bag for 3 months now. It's definitely a big bag for him, and I think we'll comfortably be able to keep it as he grows/reaches full adulthood. I've taken some pretty long trips with my cat in this bag. From multi-hour walks (he LOVES to poke his head out/half ride on my shoulder, but also just lay and chill in the bag) to long-haul in-cabin flights (19+ hours of travel, including layover breaks). This bag is just barley airline approved -- it fits under the middle and window seats of most flights, but aisle seats are sometimes narrower and may be tricky. My cat seems comfortable when the bag is propped up (ex: during layovers, while we're walking) and when it's laid on its back under the seat (pretty much same dimensions as a traditional soft-side carrier, but with the convenience of a backpack!). My kitty has had one accident in this backpack; the bottom liner can unzip and be thrown in the wash, but urine did soak through the walls of the bag/into one of the shoulder straps, and that's pretty hard to clean by hand, but also par for the course with pet travel bags. The shoulder straps are padded, but even a 9-lb cat starts to feel heavy after a while. The waist strap doesn't do much for me -- no real padding or support, and I'm relatively thin, so I have to tighten it all the way. I do think it adds a small bit of stability while I walk, though. The only thing that takes this pack from 5 to 4 starts for me is the pocket space. It's enough for a small water bottle on one side (i.e. not as wide as a Nalgene) and some combo of treats, leash, wallet/phone on the other. Other packs have a little more pocket space (maybe a front pocket), but I preferred more mesh screen & visibility for my kitty when it came down to which pack to buy. When traveling, I had enough pocket room for all the basics: dry kibble, 2 servings of wet food, plenty of treats, leash and harness, clip-on collapsable bowls, and a 'comfort scarf' in the bag. I had to separately carry: travel documents (pet health records, for example), water, and my own travel items. Before buying a bag, I thought I might want a bag with a mesh top under the solid top, but ultimately this hasn't been something I miss. I also have gotten MULTIPLE compliments about how cute this bag is while going through airports or going on walks! My cat often just hangs out in this bag (he feels like it's his space!). Would 100% recommend this bag & I don't see myself buying another one for a long, long time!
Yay, kitty getting used to travel
A pet stroller was not working so got this for our cat and it’s very comfortable to wear and he tolerates it and actually seems to enjoy being out!