MidWest Nation Hanging Hideaway Rat & Ferret Hammock
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Suitable for most small climbing mammals such as ferrets and rats.
- Provides a cozy hanging hideout for your little buddy to rest or sleep.
- Four plastic clips make it simple to hang from the top of most wire small mammal cages.
- Made of soft, comfortable polyester fabric.
- Machine washable and dryer friendly.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Woodland Get-A-Way Small Pet Hideout, Small$7.49Chewy Price
- Frisco Herringbone Small Pet Crinkle Plush Tunnel$10.88Chewy Price
- Prevue Pet Products Nature's Hideaway Grass Tunnel Small Animal Toy, 13.5-in$11.00Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Frisco Plush Small Pet Snuggle Ball, Cream$10.96Chewy Price
- Kaytee Play 'n Chew Cubby Small Pet Nest, Small$8.99Chewy Price
- Ware Small Animal Grass Mat$12.08Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Ware Tabby Cat Small Animal Hideout$9.64Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- MidWest Ferret Nation Accessory Kit, Option 1$14.49Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- MidWest Nation Small Animal Cage Accessory Kit, Option 2$52.15Chewy Price$91.99List Price
- Frisco Forest Crinkle Plush Small Pet Tunnel$16.05Chewy Price
- Kaytee Small Animal Igloo Hideout, Itty-Bitty$2.59Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- Frisco Herringbone Small Pet Plush Hanging Tunnel$8.75Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Ferret, Rat||Ferret||Ferret||Ferret||Rat, Chinchilla, Ferret, Mouse|
|Material||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Faux Fur, Synthetic Fabric|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
26 Customer Reviews
Bizarre manufacturing problem - clips upside-down
THis is just bizarre. The hammock is well-made, obviously Midwest/Ferret Nation is a fantastic name, the quality is mostly high, EXCEPT that the clips that clip the hammock to the cage are installed upside-down. So, the end of the clip that can open and close and connect things is connected to the hammock loops. The end of the clip that should already be permanently attached to the hammock loops swings freely, totally unable to be attached to the cage. HUGE quality assurance fail, and renders this otherwise quality product completely unusable. SO bizarre.
Soft, hanging Hideway
This Hideway is made of soft, durable, washable material. The hooks are easy to place and the inside pocket offers more security for our pet.
Rats absolutely love this!
I've been getting these hammocks in both the small and large size for my rats, it's sturdy and the plastic clips are so easy to detach and re-attach for cleaning. The pouch inside lets my rats crawl in and cuddle with each other, as well as staying warm. The material is also really sturdy, and this hammock along with other MidWest hammocks last me months rather than weeks. If you're new to rat keeping, I highly recommend these hammocks (even though it's targeted for ferrets, a lot of hammocks for ferrets are absolutely wonderful for rats)
I bought it for my kittens kennel being that it's tall I put in 2 Hammocks and 2 tunnel tube. It's study and easy to clean My kittens love playing in it since they are small like ferrets. It's great for small animals to sleep in and play on. Too much weight on it will make it pop off by the clamps cause they are not metal but made of aluminum.
My Bella LOVES it!!!
For Christmas Santa brought her a new hammock, because she had the tube hammock that Santa brought her last year. She loved that one too, and played in it day and night, even hiding her favorite toys in it, but she chewed it up real bad, so of course she needed a new one. It took her a little time before she would really have anything to do with it, because evidently she’s not use to change lol But now she really loves it, and hides her favorite toys in the one she has now.
Clips improperly attached
Disappointed with how the clips are attached... will limit the space my oppossum has for access to where she probably won't use it. I really wanted to love this...
This hammock doesn’t disappoint! Most of the hammocks I’ve seen advertised for rats are way too small. This product actually lives up to its promise and can comfortably fit my two large male rats at minimum. The additional pockets, while great for snuggling, can also function as foraging enrichment.
Bad Hook Design
The clips are not attached to the hammock and doing it the way shown in the picture lifts it too high for my ferrets to get into. Zip ties work but I can’t imagine why it would be designed that way.
It’s ok for one ferret but not two. My boys were squished together trying to both fit on it. It’s nice and made well but for one ferret.
My ferret Charlie loves this hammock! Used and washed numerous times.. great quality!