My Favorite Chicken Excelsior Chicken Nest Pads
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides your newly-hatched pal with steady footing.
- Crafted to help more hatchable eggs that are clean, fresh and high quality.
- Draw moisture from droppings and can be used in conjunction with flowers and botanicals.
- Designed to keep eggs on top of the nest so you don’t have to rummage around or digs for eggs.
- Sourced and made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- K&H Pet Products Thermo-Poultry Heated Chicken Brooder$44.95Chewy Price$82.99List Price
- Brinsea EcoGlow Safety 600 Chick & Duckling Brooder$69.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- dealPrecision Pet Products Chicken Nesting Pads, 10 count$19.97Chewy Price$41.99List Price$18.97Autoship Price
- Homestead Essentials 2 Compartment Chicken Nesting Box$69.19Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Homestead Essentials 3 Compartment Poultry Nesting Box$99.99Chewy Price
- Homestead Essentials Classic 3 Compartment Chicken & Poultry Nesting Box$119.99Chewy Price
- My Favorite Chicken Rubber Nest Eggs, 2 count, Brown$6.30Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Brinsea Ovaview High Intensity Bird Egg Candler$49.99Chewy Price
- Little Giant Small Egg Basket$9.99Chewy Price$16.70List Price
- Brinsea Ovascope Bird Egg Candler$74.99Chewy Price
- Brinsea Mini II Advance Automatic Egg Incubator Small Egg Insert$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Wood||Cardboard / Paper||N/A|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 Customer Reviews
Easy Nesting for the Hens
They last a long time, I add some Saturday Lime powder to the nesting pads as well just for an added mite deterrent and will sometimes just lay a new pad on the old one. I like to throw the old ones out into the main run area and the chickens get it all mixed in with the line shavings. I just found it an easy thing to lay into their nesting boxes. I highly recommend it, especially for new chicken owners.
Hens Fancy these more than the other brands
All three of my hens love these pads. The pads last longer, mold better for nest shaping, and the hens like the herbs on pads. The bottom of the pad and material stay as one. I don’t have a any scratched padding outside my nesting box. These are little more expensive but well worth it. I will buy again
Love these nest pads
We first tried Astro turf with no success. Then we tried straw and it was just a mess everywhere. Next we tried less expensive nest pads but the quality was very poor. We saw these on one of our favorite YouTube channels so we tried them and had instant success. Our girls love these and they stay clean quite a long time. The girls don't scratch and throw the bedding around like they do with straw and the eggs are clean as a whistle.
Save your money
Not worth the money at all. The product says it has the dried flowers however only a few pads had them sprinkled in and very sparse at that. Put them in the nesting boxes thinking my chickens would enjoy them but every single one is now laying eggs on the ground. They hate it. Hopefully soon they will adjust. So lack of herbs and flowers (which box shows a jar of mix dried flowers) and that my girls don't have interest in the product, I would not recommend.
My chickens liked the pads
I would recommend. My chickens like the pads. They hold up well with the chickens making their nests and i dont find the majority of the pad on the coop floor like other products i have tried. No complaints here.