Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Young guinea pig food designed to give your little furry one complete and balanced nutrition.
- Features garden-inspired ingredients with an optimal blend of Timothy hay and alfalfa.
- Includes 3 varieties of grass hay for variety and meal enrichment.
- Non-GMO formula contains no soy or wheat for those companions with sensitivities.
- Appeals to the pickiest of furry friends with an enticing herbal aroma.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Versele-Laga Complete All-In-One Nutrition Hamster & Gerbil Food, 2.5-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$13.29Autoship Price
- DealRabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Medium Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 5-lb box$51.05Chewy Price$48.50Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 20-lb box$52.98Chewy Price$52.99List Price$50.33Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Guinea Pig Food All Natural Guinea Pig Pellets, 10-lb bag$19.93Chewy Price$24.49List Price$18.93Autoship Price
- Science Selective Balanced Guinea Pig Food, 8.8-lb bag$25.49Chewy Price$27.49List Price$24.22Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Gerbil & Hamster Food, 20-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$67.49List Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Mouse & Young Rat Food, 20-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
- Science Selective Junior Rabbit Food, 4.4-lb bag$14.48Chewy Price$15.99List Price$13.76Autoship Price
- Brytin 1st Cutting All-Natural Western Timothy Hay Chinchilla Food, 48-oz bag$14.56Chewy Price$13.83Autoship Price
- DealExotic Nutrition Premium Insectivore Diet Sugar Glider & Hedgehog Food, 1.25-lb bag$18.24Chewy Price$18.29List Price$17.33Autoship Price
- Mazuri Chinchilla Food, 25-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$22.79Autoship Price
- DealRabbit Hole Hay Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 20-lb box$65.97Chewy Price$76.47List Price$62.67Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Timothy Grass, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Meal...||Timothy Grass, Oat Grass, Orchard Grass...||Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Wheat, Flaked Peas, Flaked Maize...||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Soybean Hulls...|
|Food Form||Pellets||Pellets||Pellets||Dried Veggies, Mix||Pellets, Dried Fruits, Dried Veggies|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||—||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals, High-Energy|
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig|
|Special Diet||Non-GMO||Non-GMO||High Fiber, High-Protein||—||—|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
7 Customer Reviews
All of my pigs hated it
I bought this as I foster for a rescue and had a few pregnant females. They hated it and refused to eat any of them. The babies once born also hated them. If I put any other pellets in the cage they acted like they were starved and ate ravenously. So I tried feeding these to my other 7 pigs ranging from young to very senior pigs and they all hated them too. Do not recommend. I have used the oxbow essentials young with good results before and will go back to them.
My guinea pigs love it.
I tried it out because there wasn't any soy. My guinea pigs love it also smells really good.
Not necessary for baby pigs
Don't get me wrong. I love Oxbow products. Just need to tell you that different foods and hay(Alfalfa) is not necessary for baby pigs. I fed this to 2 of my girls who I started at 1 month old and my 3rd girl after they had been weaned from it. They are all on the "adult" version and they love it. My newest baby girl is 7 weeks and I tried to start on same "young" formula. Extremely difficult to do since it supposed to be fed as desired. Separating her from the other 3 at multiple times throughout the day is next to impossible.And she didn't seem to be eating much of it. When she rejoins the older 3, she seemed to be eating there adult pellets and seemed to prefer them.I got so worried about it I asked a vet on a Guinea Pig Forum and she said not to feed Alfafa at all. That includes alfalfa hay also. So I am much relieved and life will be easier for all of us. What I am upset about is Oxbow pushing adult and yong formulas that aren't necessary and maybe harmful. The expense is another issue. So if you want to feed this, go with the adult food and you can be sure your little one can get calcium from veggies. This food is totally not needed in alfalfa based "young" piggies formula.
Best food for baby piggies
Pretty much best balanced nutrition for baby pigs. Adult food doesn’t cut it for babies and it’s hard to find other brands formulated just for piglets. Good for the nursing moms too.
young guinea pig food
My guinea pig is very picky and I’ve went through multiple kinds to find one he likes. I tried this kind and he absolutely loves it. As soon as I put it in the bowl he ran straight to it. I wish it wasn’t so expensive but it’s definitely worth it. It has a very strong smell and it must taste really good.
Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Fod
My two "girls" ~ both 4 months old ~ absolutely love this food! They practically lick their dish clean.
Young piggie food
Guinea pigs seem to like the flavor there eating it well