Petmate Compass Dog Kennel
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No||No||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
|Small Pet Type||—||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||—||—||—|
About This Item
- Quick Slide 'N Snap assembly allows quick assembly without tools.
- 360-degree ventilation and visibility allow for more comfortable travels for your pet.
- Larger doorway size makes this crate ideal for more breeds.
- Meets most airlines requirements for safe travels.
- Quick-Latch 2-Way door design opens left or right, and stays closed with safeguard door bars at top and bottom.
Click here for the Petmate Airline Travel Kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Heavy Duty Enhanced Lock Double Door Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, Teal, X-Large, 48-in L x 30-in W x 32.5-in H$114.83Chewy Price$127.59List Price
- MidWest Ultima Pro Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 24 inch$53.99Chewy Price$60.99List Price
- DealFrisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Enhanced Lock Double Door Wire Dog Crate, Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, 54", Red$269.99Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- Petmate Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, X-Small$44.99Chewy Price
- DealPrecision Pet Products Indoor/Outdoor Crate Cover, Medium$29.59Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- DealPrecision Pet Products SnooZZy Sleeper Dog Crate Mat, Natural, X-Large$28.21Chewy Price$40.99List Price
- Coolaroo Replacement Cover for Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed, Grey, Medium$12.30Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Deluxe Micro Terry Dog Crate Mat, 24-in$19.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Canine Camper Single Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate, 42 inch$108.20Chewy Price$183.99List Price
- Frisco Dog Crate Replacement Pan, 28.75-in L x 18-in W$19.75Chewy Price
- Richell 6-Panel Convertible Indoor/Outdoor Playpen for Dogs & Cats, H6$461.63Chewy Price$500.00List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Fleece Dog Crate Mat, Cinnamon, 22-in$7.48Chewy Price$15.99List Price
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
218 Customer Reviews
Door hard to open
The door is hard to open. I don't know why you would design the door like that.
Order Larger Size
The kennel measurements given are outside dimensions, so be sure to order next size. It assembled easily, but unfortunately does not have a divider to grow from pup to dog.
If I could give it 0 stars I would. The instructions say that the top and bottom pieces should slide together easily. They didn't. It took two of us and tools to get the pieces to lock into place and we actually ended up breaking it in a few areas to get it to somewhat latch. I use the crate in the car and the door moves around in the locked position making a constant and horrible noise. Complete waste of money and it's broken so I can't even return it.
Impossible to put together.
What a waste of time and money. The does not slide together as the instructions indicate. The screws don’t even match the holes. I hope I can return this item.
Difficult assembly due to poorly fitting parts
In spite of Chewy’s consistently excellent service, the Petmate Compass Dog Kennel (medium size) is a product to avoid. I have assembled three of these kennels, and each one was difficult due to the upper and lower halves failing to fit together accurately. The sliding latch system used in to his design is a great idea in that it eliminates many of the bolts used on older styles of kennels, but the fit between the upper and lower haves of this kennel is so poor that some of the remaining bolts will not pass all the way through both halves. The choice is to either drive at least a couple of the bolts through with a hammer or to drill out the offending part to make room for the bolt. I opted for the drill method, which worked, but then the metal door would not fit without using one hand and a knee to spread the sides apart while attempting to install the door with the other hand. Now I have a kennel with an installed door that will not open without repeating the same acrobatics. Ditto for reclosing it. Note to the manufacturer: I assure you that the sliding latches were all properly aligned before assembly and remained so after sliding the two halves together. The problem here is that the upper and lower halves simply do not fit together - some of the bolt holes can not be forced to line up and the plastic moldings are not formed precisely enough to maintain the proper shape for the door to fit into.
I've put together crates for about 20 yrs., by myself, but this one is impossible to do that. Sliding the top doesn't line up, so will have to wait for my husband to come home so we each can do a side. Also, there is a flaw in it, and if we were planning on picking the dog up in this, it wouldn't work. There is one catch thing that is completely melted off, so there is nothing in that area for the top to slide onto, but it's near one of the bolts, so I think I can make it work. Made from poor quality plastic. I have a Petmate crate from '97, that I'm still using, it's gone through 3 dogs. Much better plastic was used back then. I don't think this one will last even close to that. Petmate missed mark with this one.
Cheaply made - not easy to st up
They try to advertise that this is so simple and just a "slide and click" to set up - it is not. The holes do not line up and you have to force the screws to go in. Same thing for the door - the holes don't line up perfectly, so you really have to match it up in order to close properly. Also note that this does not have a handle to carry.
love it !!!
Amazing crate ! I have 2 Husky’s and they’re very bad !! Lol this is the only crate I found that works for them! They cannot get out !!! I’ve tried 4 different ones!!
Door Problem :(
Can’t open the door without pulling the corresponding side of the crate outward. It works, but ideally I would like to open the door as is.
Biggest waste of money
Terrible product. White part of the kennel has brown spots on it. Out of 8 wing nuts sent with it, only one works. Definitely not worth the price, very disappointed.