PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Treats
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Tasty treats made with just 1 ingredient – pure human grade chicken breast.
- Freeze drying process removes only water, preserving nutrition.
- Each treat averages just 3 calories and is rich in protein.
- Ideal for dogs who are overweight, diabetic, who have allergies or gastrointestinal disorders or who are on a restricted diet.
- Made in the USA with no added preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Tylee's Salmon Human-Grade Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, 3.5-oz bag$15.22Chewy Price$14.46Autoship Price
- Hill's Natural with Real Chicken Soft & Chewy Training Dog Treats, 3-oz bag$3.99Chewy Price$4.69List Price$3.79Autoship Price
- dealTylee's Beef Human-Grade Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, 3.5-oz$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Life Essentials Wild Alaskan Salmon Freeze-Dried Cat & Dog Treats, 5-oz bag$21.60Chewy Price$23.99List Price$20.52Autoship Price
- Grandma Lucy's Organic Banana & Sweet Potato Oven Baked Dog Treats, 14-oz bag$8.95Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.50Autoship Price
- Zuke's Mini Naturals Rabbit Recipe Training Dog Treats, 6-oz bag$7.98Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.58Autoship Price
- PureBites Beef Liver Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Treats, 16.6-oz bag$27.99Chewy Price$35.19List Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Natural Jerky Mini-Strips with Real Beef Dog Treats, 7.1-oz bag, bundle of 2$11.98Chewy Price$11.38Autoship Price
- Cat-Man-Doo Extra Large Dried Bonito Flakes Cat & Dog Treats, 1-oz bag$13.99Chewy Price$13.29Autoship Price
- PureBites Mini Trainers Freeze-Dried Raw Chicken Breast Dog Treats, 2.1-oz bag$7.49Chewy Price$8.59List Price$7.12Autoship Price
- Hill's Natural Jerky Strips with Real Beef Dog Treats, 7.1-oz bag$5.99Chewy Price$7.99List Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Greenies Weight Management Teenie Dental Dog Treats, 96 count$27.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$26.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Human Grade Chicken Breast||100% Pure Wild-Caught & Made in the USA Human Grade Sockeye Salmon||Chicken Heart.||100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Human Grade Duck Liver||100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Human Grade Turkey Breast|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Raw||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry|
|Food Form||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried|
|Health Feature||High Protein, N/A||High Protein||High Protein||High Protein||High Protein|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
883 Customer Reviews
Maui loves everything in the bag.
My cat, Maui, is crazy for these treats! He’s gets one or two every day, and asks for them quite often. Several people complained about the bags being half good-sized treat and half pulverized treats. I’m been dealing with that too. I purchase the jumbo-sized bag whenever possible. Since Maui goes through phases of loving some foods, then deciding not to eat them again. So, rather than throw away the crushed chicken Purebites, I tried sprinkling about a tablespoon of the crumblies onto the food he suddenly stops eating. He starts eating the crumblies and continues on to eat the more nutritional canned food. Saves me money two ways. I save by actually using the crumblies, and I can continue to feed remaining cans to him until I can buy another flavor—thank goodness! However, I am a bit concerned about the folks that got rancid product. I consider that a Quality Control issue for Chewy. They shouldn’t be selling a rancid product. I hope those who received the bad chicken will call or write to Chewy to 1) ask for a refund, and 2) ask what they are going to do about selling rancid meat. Hopefully, that will spur Chewy on to work with PureBites to fix the problem.
More Like Rocks than Chicken
I frequently order freeze dried chicken - whether made for dogs and/or cats. I had ordered these in the past and stopped because by the time the bag arrived it was more like dust than treats. I decided to give it another chance. These are so hard and so dry no one would eat them even after I broke up the pieces. Surely they can do a better job making them/with quality control
healthy treat my babies love but
the bottom of the bag is filled with a bunch of dust from the chicken breast. At first it didnt bother me but since i used these for training it became inconvenient to try and feed my puppy chicken dust. Also I bought the cat version of these and the only difference is the dog treats are bigger which my cats preferred. I probably wont be buying these anymore - instead im using small batch or stella and chewys freeze dried chicken hearts as training treats
My dog was diagnosed with diabetes this year. She has always been a picky eater, but with diabetes you have to get your dog eating in order to give insulin. I crush the Pure Bites on her dry food. She loves it. I also use them as a reward before and after her insulin shots. Now my non diabetic dogs will not eat their food without Pure Bites mixed in. I was hesitant to have them shipped because I thought they might arrive crushed. They were not. I highly recommend this product!! The only bad thing is the cost. They are expensive!!
Bad Batch???? Just awful!
I've been using PureBites for a long time on and off for my cats. This recent bag was full of large pieces of hard 'rocks'. They could not be broken in half or in pieces. They were almost like large chicken bones. They had a yellow coating and couldn't break through it. Inedible. I would need a hammer to break one! Horrible quality and never ordering again.
Treats Rock Hard!
I have been buying this product for years and the last bag I got had rock hard pieces. So hard I couldn't even cut with a knife. These are not cheap treats either. My little dogs couldn't even chew them. Hopefully it was a one time situation. But I am nervous to buy another bag
Animals did not like this new batch
My animals (ferrets and cat) loved the chicken purebites prior to this new batch that I purchased. For some odd reason, they do not touch it. My cat, who eats almost anything did not like it. She smelled it, licked it and just walked away. Usually with new foods, if we leave it, she will eventually eat it, but not this time. My ferrets were also the same. Per comparison of some of the old batch that we had, there was definitely a different consistency and smell to the new bag and treats.
The batch from April was ROCK HARD
Our cats usually love those, and the bag I bought one week ago was the good quality again. However, a bag I bought in April was terrible! Rock hard, unable to chew or even cut.
Quality is going down
We have been getting these Purebites freeze dried chicken chunks for over 3 years. Occasionally there would be some in a package that were more oily and not “dry” but more soggy, but one of our dogs is not picky. Now the last couple bags have become increasingly lower quality, with most of the bag being these oily and not crispy pieces with a stronger odor to them. Until this apparent quality control issue is corrected we can’t recommend them and will be looking for a new brand.
My dog likes the treats he's diabetic and these should be o.k. for him ? The only thing I don't like is 1/2 the bag is smashed into really small pieces like crumbles not much of a treat ? For over 42.00 a bag I would think quality would be better !