Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Hamster Cage
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Complete hamster hideout comes with tunnels, exercise wheels, two houses, a toilet, water bottle, two feeding bowls and more.
- Extra-large cage size lets you build a heavenly home for your hamster.
- Large, durable base encourages plenty of fun frolicking and tunneling.
- Two large handles let you easily move the cage to any location.
- Designed and manufactured in Belgium using high-end, quality materials.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealMidWest Brisby Hamster Cage$84.99Chewy Price$91.99List Price
- Prevue Pet Products Deluxe Hamster Home$125.80Chewy Price$139.99List Price
- DealSavic Geneva Hamster Cage$129.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- MidWest Ferret Nation Deluxe Ferret Cage, Single Story$184.99Chewy Price$189.99List Price
- Coziwow by Jaxpety 2-Tier Wood Rabbit Hutch Cage with Weatherproof Roof, Orange$105.99Chewy Price$122.99List Price
- DealA&E Cage Company 26-in Deluxe 2-Tier Small Animal Cage, Black$174.84Chewy Price$249.99List Price
- DealYaheetech 2-Story Removable Ramp & Platform Small Pet Cage, 54-in, White$209.99Chewy Price
- Yaheetech 1-story Removable Ramp & Platform Small Pet Cage, 34-in, White$114.99Chewy Price
- DealFrisco Small Pet Habitat, Medium$127.08Chewy Price
- Living World Guinea Pig Starter Kit$97.30Chewy Price$144.99List Price
- MidWest Critter Nation Deluxe Small Animal Cage, Add-On Unit$147.99Chewy Price$159.99List Price
- Coziwow by Jaxpety 2-Tier Wood Rabbit Hutch Small Animal Cage with Ramp$156.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Hamster||Hamster, Gerbil, Rabbit||Hamster||Hamster, Gerbil, Mouse||Hamster|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Plastic, Coated Metal, Metal|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
3 Customer Reviews
this cage was perfect for my syrian. the tubes are big enough (YES!!) she loves it!! the only down side is that you'd need to take out a few accessories to fit a properly sized wheel in it. i am completely satisfied with this cage and recommend it to all hamster owners. :) :)- :) ;) Suzy, my hamster, loves it!
Bottom line: I'm satisfied
I don't often write reviews, but here I am. It's long because I'm trying to be thorough. Before recently adopting my Syrian hamster, S'mores, I did a lot of research on cages and their general needs. It's been long time since I've had a hammie (I don't think the internet was really a thing yet), and I can honestly say I fell into the not-well-informed-owner category. In the past, I bought what they recommended at the store, which isn't really the best thing for them long-term. I consulted numerous "best cages for hamsters" lists online, and there were a few that came up repeatedly. I also read LOTS of reviews and watched videos from other purchasers. I narrowed it down to this cage and one other. While this one was significantly more expensive, it came with a lot more things (I think the other one just had a platform), plus the tube was said to be large enough for a Syrian. I can't compare the size of my hammie to any others, but he easily fits in the tube, and can somehow even turn around in it. Some reviews said the cage was hard to put together. It took me an hour and 13 minutes, and I didn't have any problems either (other than me thinking I could do it better, which added to the time). I read reviews complaining of missing or broken parts. Everything was there and intact, and I actually had a couple extra parts. While there are no written instructions, the pictures did a good job. The tubes were the most difficult part. Actually getting the 2 sides together wasn't a problem (you just need to make sure you have them the right way), but getting them connected to the inside/outside was a little challenging for me (could be my short, fat arms). I had to replace some of the included items because they just didn't work out. The water bottle leaked, as some other reviewers mentioned, and he wouldn't even go on the wheel. I replaced that with the Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner, which he LOVES! (I'll make a separate review for that) FYI, the 12" doesn't fit in this cage. He also loves the penthouse, but because of the small opening, I have trouble getting the bedding in and out without taking off the roof, even with my smaller hands, especially without getting a lot of it into the tube. A hinged lid would be really helpful, as I cracked it near the opening at some point. It comes with a litter box, which I was surprised that he actually does use (though not all the time). He also likes the litter that came with it, but I haven't been able to find it elsewhere (it's more the size of cat litter, while the stuff I've found in stores and online has little balls of varying sizes). I got some that are small balls, but he hasn't been crazy about it. Included are 2 bowls... I use one for food and one for treats. It has 2 little huts. He'll sleep in the hut for a day or 2, then switch to the penthouse, then back to the hut. I like that there is lots of ground space for him to run around, but also 2 platforms where his food and water are safely away from the bedding. Overall, S'mores and I are very happy with this cage.
Excellent Hammy cage
Best Hammy cage out there! Lots of room.It is very well made! We have 3 of these.