Savic Hamster Heaven Metro Hamster Cage
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster, Gerbil, Rabbit||Hamster||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster|
About This Item
- Complete hamster hideout comes with tunnels, exercise wheels, two houses, a toilet, water bottle, two feeding bowls and more.
- Extra-large cage size lets you build a heavenly home for your hamster.
- Large, durable base encourages plenty of fun frolicking and tunneling.
- Two large handles let you easily move the cage to any location.
- Designed and manufactured in Belgium using high-end, quality materials.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Open Living Small Pet Habitat, 48 x 24-in$91.99Chewy Price$114.99List Price
- Prevue Pet Products Deluxe Hamster Home$115.75Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- Kaytee CritterTrail Fun-nel Small Animal Outhouse$2.80Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura 1- Story Rabbit Hutch, Medium$109.29Chewy Price$164.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Rabbit Hutch With Sloped Roof, Glazed Pine, Small$112.27Chewy Price$214.80List Price
- Ferplast Krolik Rabbit Cage, Burgundy, X-Large$72.69Chewy Price$108.79List Price
- Ware Home Sweet Home Rabbit Cage, Color Varies$94.99Chewy Price$126.99List Price
- A&E Cage Company 43-in Deluxe 4-Tier Small Animal Cage, Black$293.72Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- New Age Pet ecoFLEX Park Avenue Indoor Small Animal Hutch, Maple, Small$159.99Chewy Price$449.99List Price
- MidWest Brisby Hamster Cage$79.99Chewy Price$117.99List Price
- New Age Pet Columbia Rabbit Hutch, Grey$230.32Chewy Price$423.99List Price
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
3 Customer Reviews
this cage was perfect for my syrian. the tubes are big enough (YES!!) she loves it!! the only down side is that you'd need to take out a few accessories to fit a properly sized wheel in it. i am completely satisfied with this cage and recommend it to all hamster owners. :) :)- :) ;) Suzy, my hamster, loves it!
Bottom line: I'm satisfied
I don't often write reviews, but here I am. It's long because I'm trying to be thorough. Before recently adopting my Syrian hamster, S'mores, I did a lot of research on cages and their general needs. It's been long time since I've had a hammie (I don't think the internet was really a thing yet), and I can honestly say I fell into the not-well-informed-owner category. In the past, I bought what they recommended at the store, which isn't really the best thing for them long-term. I consulted numerous "best cages for hamsters" lists online, and there were a few that came up repeatedly. I also read LOTS of reviews and watched videos from other purchasers. I narrowed it down to this cage and one other. While this one was significantly more expensive, it came with a lot more things (I think the other one just had a platform), plus the tube was said to be large enough for a Syrian. I can't compare the size of my hammie to any others, but he easily fits in the tube, and can somehow even turn around in it. Some reviews said the cage was hard to put together. It took me an hour and 13 minutes, and I didn't have any problems either (other than me thinking I could do it better, which added to the time). I read reviews complaining of missing or broken parts. Everything was there and intact, and I actually had a couple extra parts. While there are no written instructions, the pictures did a good job. The tubes were the most difficult part. Actually getting the 2 sides together wasn't a problem (you just need to make sure you have them the right way), but getting them connected to the inside/outside was a little challenging for me (could be my short, fat arms). I had to replace some of the included items because they just didn't work out. The water bottle leaked, as some other reviewers mentioned, and he wouldn't even go on the wheel. I replaced that with the Exotic Nutrition Silent Runner, which he LOVES! (I'll make a separate review for that) FYI, the 12" doesn't fit in this cage. He also loves the penthouse, but because of the small opening, I have trouble getting the bedding in and out without taking off the roof, even with my smaller hands, especially without getting a lot of it into the tube. A hinged lid would be really helpful, as I cracked it near the opening at some point. It comes with a litter box, which I was surprised that he actually does use (though not all the time). He also likes the litter that came with it, but I haven't been able to find it elsewhere (it's more the size of cat litter, while the stuff I've found in stores and online has little balls of varying sizes). I got some that are small balls, but he hasn't been crazy about it. Included are 2 bowls... I use one for food and one for treats. It has 2 little huts. He'll sleep in the hut for a day or 2, then switch to the penthouse, then back to the hut. I like that there is lots of ground space for him to run around, but also 2 platforms where his food and water are safely away from the bedding. Overall, S'mores and I are very happy with this cage.
Excellent Hammy cage
Best Hammy cage out there! Lots of room.It is very well made! We have 3 of these.