Shed Defender Sport Dog Onesie
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains the shedding by trapping loose dog hair within the suit—it keeps hair, dirt, dander and allergens out of your car and house.
- Made of premium, eco-friendly polyester spandex RecoTex fabric that’s lightweight, durable and breathable to keep your pet safe, comfortable and cool.
- Also helps reduce anxiety, protect against cold weather, shield sensitive skin from exposure, and even replace an e-collar by covering wounds and surgical sites.
- Can help protect your pet from ticks and other pests, stickers and burs.
- Easy to put on and take off—can even be worn on walks and potty breaks–just partially open the zipper along his belly so he can do his business.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Shed Defender Original Dog Onesie, Royal Blue, Large$54.99Chewy Price
- The Blissful Dog Elbow Butter, 0.5-oz$10.95Chewy Price$10.99List Price$10.40Autoship Price
- Walkin' Pets Hock Style Rear Leg Dog Splint, X-Small$45.50Chewy Price
- PetAg EMT First Aid Kit in a Tube for Dogs, Cats & Small Pets, 1-oz bottle$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- PRN Pharmacal Prozyme Powder Supplement for Dog & Cats, 200-g$24.77Chewy Price
- PRN Pharmacal Collasate Spray for Dogs & Cats, 1-oz bottle$21.35Chewy Price
- Episanis BioHAnce Skin & Wound Gel for Dogs & Cats, 15-mL bottle, 1 count$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PetAg EMT First Aid Spray with Bitrex for Dogs, Cats & Small Pets, 1-oz bottle$17.59Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.71Autoship Price
- NWC Naturals Total-Zymes Digestive Enzymes Dog & Cat Powder Supplement, 8-oz jar$39.99Chewy Price$43.99List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Healers Gauze Inserts for Bandage Wraps for Dogs, Small, 8 count$4.41Chewy Price$7.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
12 Customer Reviews
Good idea, poor design
I ordered this suit for my 6-month-old heeler pup as he is losing his puppy coat all over the office. The suit works well to contain the hair he sheds. Unfortunately it is not designed well for his body structure. The front leg openings and sleeves are four to six inches back from where they should be to accommodate him comfortably. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the front of his shoulders and also on the top of his neck pulling down. So much so that when he eats or drinks with it on he lays down. He also has a shortened gate with his front legs as he tries to walk in it. Because it does contain the hair so well I just ordered a larger size to see if that will work better for him. He is 30 lbs and the suit that is too small is a size medium which is designed for dogs up to 40 lb. We will be trying a large when it arrives to see if that works better.
Dog pees on it constantly
Was really hopeful this would work due to the insane amount of shedding from my dog. Unfortunately, every time he goes potty it ends up all down the side of the garment, down the front sleeve, it’s awful. We thought it might just take a few days for him to get used to, but no. It’s not too loose, we rolled up the sleeves to try to help, it’s just not working. So disappointed.
It works! Paws UP !!
It works!!! It's lightweight, breathable, stretchy, durable and comfortable all at the same time. The polyester, spandex mesh fabric allows my dog to stay cool and comfortable. SUPER EASY to put on. I got the one that allows for the dog to wear it even when pottying. All I can say is WOW when you take it off, you'll see all the hair that would have been on the furniture and floor. My son says it looks like a wetsuit for scuba divers. My dog doesn't seem bothered by wearing it. It's a "paws up"!
We bought this for our shaggy border collie, mainly because we needed something to cover her legs and under belly during winter. She gets terrible snow and dirty ice balls trapped in her fur which take forever to clean without pulling her fur. It’s a miserable process for everyone. She’s small for a bc - 30ish lbs and the medium fits perfectly. Super stretchy material, pops right on and zips up. Added bonus, it also seems to calm her. She’s very sensitive and unexpected noises severely bother her. Tail tucks and she freezes and shuts down. No issues since we’ve used it during walks. If anything, she’s spunkier than ever
Unfortunately it shrinks, even when hand washed in cold water.
We were very excited for this product. I followed the sizing instructions and placed an order. The product arrived and was SO TINY. Luckily, Chewy allowed me to exchange it for a larger size. A size that would be typically much bigger for Loki. But, it seemed to fit him well. Tight, but that was to be expected. After spending the day hiking in the snow, I hand washed it in cold water. When I went to put it back on Loki days later, it was tighter than before. I hoped it would stretch out, but it did not. I'm very bummed how this product shrunk and Loki was able to only get one use out of it.
Wow ! I suddenly have a really calm dog !
Its not easy to get your dog into this thing, but darn, it works like a dream. Coco is now super calm and bugs me a lot less for attention. She reacts as usual if prompted to interact, but otherwise - like a new dog !
My Bailey Boo
It was very attractive, easy to put on. I have a 121lb German Shepherd and the extra large fit just right. Plenty of room for movement,
As a Malinois/shepherd, I shed like crazy all the time..My owner thought this would help control the hair in our car rides. I weigh 85 pounds so we went with the XXL and the “sport” style. It is very snug around the chest and back but I look like a gangsta rapper in the hind quarters. It is so loose in that area that it slips down my thigh and knee and binds my legs so much that I can’t straighten the legs. I have worn in 3 times for 30 minute rides and have fallen 5 times into the floor board of the back seat and couldn’t get up. I hate this thing so much I don’t even want to get in the car anymore. A size down would have been too tight in the chest and neck. Fortunately my owner loves me more than a clean car and we are so done with the Shed Defender! Quality is good, design is bad, product is way over priced.
pees on it
my dog kept peeing on it it was the right size for him butt he squats to pee
helps so much with hair!
Love the shed defender it helps so much with hair in the car, also seems to make my dog much calmer when I put it on him.