Symton Medium Live Black Soldier Fly Larvae Lizard Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- These grubs are raised on a grain and grass diet that’s treated with probiotics.
- Naturally contain high levels of calcium.
- The balanced calcium to phosphorus ratio makes these black soldier fly larvae the perfect staple diet for your reptile.
- No need for additional dusting.
- The shelf-life of these grubs is at least 2 weeks when stored as instructed.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mazuri Small Crocodilian Food, 25-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$42.99List Price$36.09Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Hermit Crab Food, 2.4-oz jar$4.99Chewy Price$5.40List Price$4.74Autoship Price
- Fluker's Crafted Cuisine Garden Blend Reptile Food, 6.5-oz bag$9.89Chewy Price$9.40Autoship Price
- Tetrafauna ReptoMin PRO Juvenile Formula Turtle Sticks, 12-oz$8.07Chewy Price$17.19List Price$7.67Autoship Price
- Rep-Cal Box Turtle Food, 12-oz jar$8.99Chewy Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Fluker's Crafted Cuisine Juvenile Bearded Dragon Diet Reptile Food, 6.5-oz bag$6.69Chewy Price$9.89List Price$6.36Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Aquatic Turtle Food Hatchling Formula$2.80Chewy Price$5.99List Price$2.66Autoship Price
- Tetrafauna ReptoMin PRO Baby Formula Turtle Sticks, 1.13-oz$2.99Chewy Price$4.49List Price$2.84Autoship Price
- Rep-Cal Tortoise Food, 12.5-oz jar$9.01Chewy Price$8.56Autoship Price
- Repashy Superfoods Bug Burger Gel Premix Feeder Insect Food, 3-oz bottle$8.00Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Fluker's Crafted Cuisine Tortoise Food, 6.5-oz bag$7.29Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.93Autoship Price
- Repashy Superfoods Crested Gecko Mango Superblend Meal Replacement Powder Reptile Food, 3-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price$12.58List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Live Insects)||Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Live Insects)||Black Soldier Fly Larvae (Live Insects)||Farm-Raised Superworms (Zophobas Morio)||Dubia Roaches|
|Food Form||Live||Live||Live||Mealworms||N/A, Live|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Chicken||Wild Bird, Chicken||Wild Bird, Chicken||Bluebird, Chicken||Wild Bird, Chicken|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||—||—|
|Small Pet Type||—||—||—||Hedgehog, Sugar Glider||Sugar Glider, Hedgehog|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
15 Customer Reviews
A Lot of Small Worms
I get these for my bearded dragon who is a juvenile, so he needs a lot of protein in his diet right now. First of all, they say these worms are medium size but the last 2 containers I've gotten have had a lot of seriously tiny ones in comparison to the medium size. Anyway, I ran out of worms before my next autoship so I went ahead and placed an order. It has been nearly a week since the order has been placed and I was supposed to get them today but now it says they won't be here until tomorrow. Very inconvenient for someone with a growing beardie, may have to look elsewhere to get these.
The grubs themselves seem to have held up decently. I ordered 500 on a Thursday with them expected to deliver on a Sunday. They got lost so I reached out to Chewy where they promptly sent out a second order. 2nd order caught up to first order then they found that one miraculously and they both moved to the next checkpoint. The old package then proceeded to my home while the new package took an east coast tour before arriving at my house a week later. Most of the bsfl were still alive so that’s not my issue. If you’re cutting it close on your order you will be stuck without food, order well in advance.
A Constant Staple
I've been buying these for a couple of months now. I've bought from other places along the way prior and the dirt to mud substrates they've been in were awful. These are in a ground grain, I believe I read chatted in probiotics. Very simple to feed and to keep. I keep them room temp and feed until they're nearly gone. Then I give them a little repashy feeder food and move down a shelf. Once they start turning to flies I release them into her enclosure. She's all over her tank and gets them all eventually. So not only are they incredibly healthy, easy to keep, and don't need to be dusted, but they're a great source of enrichment and exercise. I'll keep coming back as long as the supply stays the same!
This was a great spend!! Lizards, geckos, my friends spiders, frogs, they all love these wiggley, high calcium treats! Cannot recommend highly enough as an alternate feeder..they got to me pretty slowly, 4 days, but were in great shape.
they are not the right size for a medium
They are way to small for a medium. My bearded dragon will have to eat like 10 or more to equal a medium. Never order them again
Great for my picky leopard gecko
I recently got my first leopard gecko, and I was struggling to find feeder insects that they were willing to eat. They rejected dubia roaches, mealworms, and crickets. This insect finally fit the bill! My leopard gecko loves them and I love how healthy they are. My partner accidentally put them in the fridge overnight, too, and they survived even that. Most of them came alive, stayed alive, and wriggled enough to entice a picky reptile. Very healthy. Pleased overall!
Not good this time
I have ordered before and they were great. This time almost all were dead, some were so small you could hardly see them even when I sifted through with a strainer & there definitely wasn't 1,000. Did you guys change breeder or what?! I won't be buying again!!
Will be purchasing again.
Showed up great and healthy. Packaging was perfect! Will be a repeat customer!
Took 6 days for these to get to my house and half of them were dead will not be ordering again
Chickens loved them but they don’t go far
The only reason these are getting 3 not 5 stars is because they don’t go very far and are being sold as treats for chickens. It’s a very expensive treat for 15 chickens to make them disappear in 2 min. Will stick to the dried ones!