ThunderCap Calming Cap for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Behavior management aid designed to lessen a dog's anxiety, fearfulness, or aggression in high-stress situations
- Helpful during vet visits, encounters with other dogs, grooming, car rides, walks, and travelling
- See-through, single-panel sheer fabric reduces provoking visual stimulation but allows ample vision for your dog to confidently maneuver around
- Soft fabric and elastic fit for maximum comfort
- Two adjustable straps for easy on/off and a custom fit
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Overby Farm Hip Flex Joint Level 3 Advanced Care with Tart Cherries Dog Tablets, 90 count$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Chewable Tablets Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- NaturVet GrassSaver Wafers Urinary & Lawn Protection Supplement for Dogs, 300 count$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- KONG Cloud Collar for Dogs & Cats, X-Small$17.99Chewy Price
- DealThe Missing Link Digestion Powder Dog & Cat Supplement, 1-lb bag$21.39Chewy Price$32.09List Price$20.32Autoship Price
- NaturVet Bladder Support Plus Cranberry Chewable Tablets Urinary Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic Powder Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 8-oz$32.99Chewy Price$31.34Autoship Price
- NaturVet VitaPet Puppy Plus Breath Aid Chewable Tablets Multivitamin for Dogs, 60 count$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- American Kennel Club AKC Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Pink, Small$34.99Chewy Price
- Ark Naturals Happy Traveler Capsule Calming Supplement for Dogs & Cats, 30 capsules$10.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- NaturVet VitaPet Adult Plus Breath Aid Chewable Tablets Multivitamin for Dogs, 60 count$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Giant Breeds, Small Breeds...|
|Closure Type||Pullover||Slip On||Buckle, Slip On|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||Analogues of Dog Pheromone 5%, Inert ingredients 95%.|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
49 Customer Reviews
great training tool!
My 2yo Pitt mix has become more and more reactive over the past year or so and nothing was working or helping, until this cap! It hasn’t “cured” him, but with this cap and a bunch of positive reinforcement he has improved SO much. He went from lunging and barking incessantly at any dog that walked by to just lightly whining if he even notices the dog at all. Highly recommend!!
the best for reactive dogs!
My dog reacts badly to every dog we see on a walk. She has major anxiety when walking, her head going back and forth always looking around for something to bark at. She is also very scared. Once she was trembling by a leaf that blew by. Anyway, she is so relaxed on walks with this and we can even walk by other dogs at about 25-30 ft away and her not realizing. What a game changer!
Wow!! We can leash walk on our street again!
Our ten year old spaniel has been a reactive dog all of his life. He barks and screams whenever another dog is in sight while on his leash. I can slip this over his eyes and he passes dogs feeling comfortable and without any reactive stress barking. Great product!
Ok for aggressive dog
I bought this for my very reactive dog as a tool (in addition to thousands of dollars of training) to stop her from seeing/reacting to dogs on walks. It does work. She doesn’t mind wearing it and normally she hates anything I put in her. She can still see out of it but just not as good. The only issue that I have with it is that it doesn’t allow for panting. She can only open her mouth a very small amount so it’s not practical for what I really need it for but I guess it’s fine for dogs that are in a calmer state/not panting.
I have a very large (about 115 lbs.), very reactive dog. I live in a dense city and walking him had been highly stressful - he'd freak out whenever he saw a dog, rat, squirrel, etc. In the week or so that I've had the thunder cap, I've had zero issues. Going for a walk no longer fills me with stress!!
I bought this for my dog that absolutely hates being groomed. If he can see the brush or nail clippers coming his way he throws a fit! I tried this thunder cap to cover his eyes and it was absolutely amazing! Worked like a charm! He was calm the entire time and let me brush and clip his nails without a problem! Highly recommend!
Nope. Poor execution make this thing UNUSABLE
I measured my dog and ordered accordingly. However, the elastic that goes around her muzzle fits MUCH too tight. The part that goes over her head will NOT reach a regular collar without pulling too tight over her eyes. I could use it with a collar fit right behind her ears, except that piece is also too wide for her and pushes her ears out to the side. [That's the kind of thing that will make it unpleasant for her to wear this despite any amount of conditioning I will do.] The designers also made very much the wrong choice in the way that the velcro is applied. If you need to leave part of the velcro uncovered (for example, in order to reach the collar it is supposed to attach to), the exposed "aggressive" portion of the velcro is going to snag on and ruin any and every piece of fabric that it touches (including the cap itself). What a shame. Overall, I do not think this thing is worth the amount of money that it costs. I might be able to use it, but that will require a lot of labor from me to modify it to work properly. I don't have time for that and needed to start conditioning the item for use ASAP. And the issue with the velcro really stinks. P.S. to CHEWY: Why in the world won't you allow extra carriage returns in these reviews?!
Enjoy Car Rides Again!
Our recent rescue dog Bentley reacted to seeing other dogs while riding in the back seat. Whether they were being walked on a sidewalk or riding alongside in a car Bentley would pounce on the window, bark aggressively, and run and spin on the seats. At 80 lbs, he was uncontrollable and unsafe to the driver. We tried seatbelts, positive reinforcement with good behavior, and brisk walks to wear him out before getting in the car. Nothing worked. We even thought of blocking out the windows but he would still be able to look through the windshield! We talked to our trainer and she suggested the ThunderCap. What an amazing difference! He doesn’t seem to mind it and he’s still able to look around and remain calm.
Useless for dogs with anxiety
My dog had this off in 30 seconds. It did nothing to help calm her down, and may have even added to her anxiety.
After spending thousands of dollars of training on my dog-reactive 4 year old rescue pup, this is the only thing I have tried that made a meaningful difference. I was close to tears from sheer pride in my dog’s success. I feel like I have a different dog.