ThunderCap Calming Cap for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Behavior management aid designed to lessen a dog's anxiety, fearfulness, or aggression in high-stress situations
- Helpful during vet visits, encounters with other dogs, grooming, car rides, walks, and travelling
- See-through, single-panel sheer fabric reduces provoking visual stimulation but allows ample vision for your dog to confidently maneuver around
- Soft fabric and elastic fit for maximum comfort
- Two adjustable straps for easy on/off and a custom fit
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- The Missing Link Puppy Health Supplement, 8-oz-pouch$14.69Chewy Price$18.19List Price$13.96Autoship Price
- VetriScience GlycoFlex Stage 2 Chicken Flavored Chewable Tablets Joint Supplement for Dogs, 120 count$35.00Chewy Price$59.58List Price$33.25Autoship Price
- Fruitables Pumpkin SuperBlend Weight Loss Dog & Cat Supplement, 15-oz, case of 12$55.30Chewy Price$59.88List Price$52.53Autoship Price
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Chewable Tablets Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil Liquid Skin & Coat Supplement for Medium & Large Dogs, 8-oz$23.76Chewy Price$26.95List Price$22.57Autoship Price
- Ark Naturals Joint Rescue Chicken Flavored Soft Chew Joint Supplement for Dogs, 9-oz bag$14.74Chewy Price$17.99List Price$14.00Autoship Price
- ThunderShirt Polo Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Blue, XX-Large$59.95Chewy Price
- The Missing Link Skin & Coat Powder Dog Supplement , 5-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$85.59List Price$65.54Autoship Price
- TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care Dog Dental Foam, 4.5-oz bottle$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- The Missing Link Hip & Joint Powder Supplement, 5-lb$73.39Chewy Price$90.89List Price$69.72Autoship Price
- NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic Powder Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 8-oz$32.99Chewy Price$31.34Autoship Price
- The Missing Link Digestion Powder Dog & Cat Supplement, 1-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$32.09List Price$24.69Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Giant Breeds, Small Breeds...|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||Analogues of Dog Pheromone 5%, Inert ingredients 95%.|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
46 Customer Reviews
Ok for aggressive dog
I bought this for my very reactive dog as a tool (in addition to thousands of dollars of training) to stop her from seeing/reacting to dogs on walks. It does work. She doesn’t mind wearing it and normally she hates anything I put in her. She can still see out of it but just not as good. The only issue that I have with it is that it doesn’t allow for panting. She can only open her mouth a very small amount so it’s not practical for what I really need it for but I guess it’s fine for dogs that are in a calmer state/not panting.
I have a very large (about 115 lbs.), very reactive dog. I live in a dense city and walking him had been highly stressful - he'd freak out whenever he saw a dog, rat, squirrel, etc. In the week or so that I've had the thunder cap, I've had zero issues. Going for a walk no longer fills me with stress!!
I bought this for my dog that absolutely hates being groomed. If he can see the brush or nail clippers coming his way he throws a fit! I tried this thunder cap to cover his eyes and it was absolutely amazing! Worked like a charm! He was calm the entire time and let me brush and clip his nails without a problem! Highly recommend!
Nope. Poor execution make this thing UNUSABLE
I measured my dog and ordered accordingly. However, the elastic that goes around her muzzle fits MUCH too tight. The part that goes over her head will NOT reach a regular collar without pulling too tight over her eyes. I could use it with a collar fit right behind her ears, except that piece is also too wide for her and pushes her ears out to the side. [That's the kind of thing that will make it unpleasant for her to wear this despite any amount of conditioning I will do.] The designers also made very much the wrong choice in the way that the velcro is applied. If you need to leave part of the velcro uncovered (for example, in order to reach the collar it is supposed to attach to), the exposed "aggressive" portion of the velcro is going to snag on and ruin any and every piece of fabric that it touches (including the cap itself). What a shame. Overall, I do not think this thing is worth the amount of money that it costs. I might be able to use it, but that will require a lot of labor from me to modify it to work properly. I don't have time for that and needed to start conditioning the item for use ASAP. And the issue with the velcro really stinks. P.S. to CHEWY: Why in the world won't you allow extra carriage returns in these reviews?!
Enjoy Car Rides Again!
Our recent rescue dog Bentley reacted to seeing other dogs while riding in the back seat. Whether they were being walked on a sidewalk or riding alongside in a car Bentley would pounce on the window, bark aggressively, and run and spin on the seats. At 80 lbs, he was uncontrollable and unsafe to the driver. We tried seatbelts, positive reinforcement with good behavior, and brisk walks to wear him out before getting in the car. Nothing worked. We even thought of blocking out the windows but he would still be able to look through the windshield! We talked to our trainer and she suggested the ThunderCap. What an amazing difference! He doesn’t seem to mind it and he’s still able to look around and remain calm.
Useless for dogs with anxiety
My dog had this off in 30 seconds. It did nothing to help calm her down, and may have even added to her anxiety.
After spending thousands of dollars of training on my dog-reactive 4 year old rescue pup, this is the only thing I have tried that made a meaningful difference. I was close to tears from sheer pride in my dog’s success. I feel like I have a different dog.
The ThunderCap helps!
My dog has explosive reactivity to bicycles and dogs while in the car. The route we take twice a day is very popular for cyclists. I was so happy to find this product! The ThunderCap softens his view, he is much less reactive now. I would give more stars but feel the cap should have a wider strip to hold it o the collar or even better be permanently fixed to a collar.
This well made item is a great tool for thunderstorm anxiety for our little dog who fears lightning. I would only recommend using this under supervision, though.
Its not perfect... but it was a game changer
There are a few things that perhaps could be changed, BUT I would buy one every month if I had to. This cap helped so much. Before I forget, this helped train him to behave on the leash. Because they can't see very well in it, he is forced to heed my commands more. If you let him, he will run into a door or wall. So he follows now slight tug to the leash , left or right or stop. Anyway... before the cap he would bark T cars, most dogs, people etc. It was horrible to try to walk him. Now it is vastly improved. Now.. it is pretty easy for him (border collie) to take it off with his paws. So I bought a clip and added it to the front O ring to attach to his collar. I would suggest they make a cap that has the cap attached to its OWN collar. Rather than attaching the cap to your existing collar. Even with the DIFFICULT usage with my dog, I still know of nothing better to help. This border is very high energy as a pup