ThunderShirt Classic Anxiety & Calming Vest for Dogs, Heather Grey
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement. This gentle hugging produces a dramatic calming effect.
- Calms your dog during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, grooming, and much more with no training and no medication.
- Comfortable and easy on/off. Made of durable, breathable, soft fabric that is washable.
- Recommended by trainers and veterinarians to relieve stress-related behaviors such as jumping, excessive barking, and inappropriate marking.
- Proven effective in over 80% of dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ThunderWunders Melatonin Calming Dog Chews, 60 Count$17.99Chewy Price$19.95List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- American Kennel Club AKC Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Blue, Small$29.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- ThunderWunders Hemp Calming Dog Chews, 60 Count$19.95Chewy Price$21.95List Price$18.95Autoship Price
- ThunderShirt Polo Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Pink, Large$49.95Chewy Price
- ThunderEase Pheromone Calming Spray for Dogs, 2-oz$28.99Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- Surf City Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Black, Large$71.24Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Dog Fashion Spa Aromatherapy for Dogs, 0.35-oz$16.00Chewy Price
- ThunderEssence Natural Essential Oil Calming Spray for Dogs, 4-oz$12.75Chewy Price$19.95List Price$12.11Autoship Price
- waggedy Calm Stress & Anxiety Relief Melatonin Dog Supplement, 60 Count$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- ThunderEase Calming Diffuser Refill for Dogs, 30 day, 1 count$16.95Chewy Price$26.95List Price$16.10Autoship Price
- Sentry Good Behavior Chicken Flavored Soft Chew Calming Supplement for Dog, 60 count$15.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Happy Hoodie Calming Cap for Dogs, Black, Large$13.24Chewy Price$13.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
46 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1017 Customer Reviews
Lightweight and works
I ordered this thundershirt for my 2-yr old Rottie. She is absolutely terrified of fireworks and thunder. I bought an XXL because she is already 105 pounds, and she hasn't stopped filling out...and the dog pictured is a Rottie. It's too big! Because the material is stretchy, the shirt wraps under her snugly, and then the Velcro strips do not make contact. The side flap holds the shirt secure. If your dog is on the size bubble, I recommend ordering the smaller size.
Wish it worked for car anxiety
My 1 year old pup started to show signs of anxiety when riding in the car at higher speeds. I wanted to explore methods that didn’t involve medicating her so I purchased the thunder shirt. I trained her with it for weeks before we took it into the car. She loves to put it on because she knows she gets all the good things, snuggles, play, treats and walks!! We also kept it in our laundry basket so it smelled like us. I didn’t notice any changes in her day to day behavior, and unfortunately upon trying it in the car it didn’t have any effect on her. My pup pants heavily, yawns, and her body trembles any time we get on a highway. We are going to try a medication prescribed by the vet instead and hope that helps, maybe we will still wear the thunder shirt in the car and hope that it eventually helps her.
My anxious dog loves her ThunderShirt
My pup Betti who lived in a previous abusive home has raging anxiety and is scared of pretty much everything has chilled out so much since putting on her ThunderShirt. She’s less anxious when I leave the house, she is less aggressive towards people, and on walks she doesn’t flinch as much when it’s a windy day. She also seems to fall asleep a lot easier now as well! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with a doggo that has anxiety
Well made and easy to put on
My dog is happy to wear it but it isn’t the miracle cure for her fear of fireworks I had hoped it would be. Still I’m going to trust their assessment that it helps 80% of dogs so hopefully yours will be part of that majority. The product is well made and easy to take on and off. (Took a few times before my dog got used to the Velcro noise but all good now)
Helps to calm her down
I have a mini Aussie, and when storms come through, even just a rain storm she gets very nervous. Any type of noise, or change excites her. We heard about the thunder shirt and decided to try it. It worked almost immediately! When the weather is exceptionally loud, I still have to give her a Benadryl, but the thunder shirt helps wonderfully!
I have an 80pound Pitbull who is absolutely terrified of thunderstorms & fireworks. He is on Trazadone but still needed more help. I ordered the thundershirt not expecting great results. About 2 days after I got it we were expecting severe thunderstorms. I put the thundershirt on h and gave him his meds about 2 hours before the storms hit. I was amazed!!! Although he still panted and trembled, he was not pacing frantically or staring at the walls. He was ae to lay down! ItIt took him a short period, maybe 20 minutes, to calm down after the storm. This usually took 1 1/2 yo 2 hours. I highly recommend the thundershirt!!
Kind of works (maybe too early to tell???)
Maybe it's too early (and unfair) for this review but I think it does alleviate the anxiety to a managable level. Some of the reviews make it sound like it's a miracle. Not for my dog; especially during a storm. I can tell that the shivering is not as violent as it used to be. I still have to hold him but at least he allows me to sit down and he will sit in my lap. Before he used to get restless and want me to stand up and walk around. Maybe it will improve as he wears it more and more.
Romeo's Wind coat.
My little buddy gradually becai afraid of certain noises around the house around the age of two, recently the wind has made him a wreck! The thunder coat definitely helps! Not a cure-all, he still prefers my lap, but he is certainly calmer. Worth the money too us. Also, I want to add that Chewy is AWESOME! I ordered the wrong size and they told me to donate it to an animal shelter instead of sending it back.
A great help for anxiety!
My Brittany pup gets anxiety on car rides and cries when left alone in the crate. This thunder shirt is a big help! It’s like giving a little hug to help her feel more secure. After a few uses, she now curls up and takes a nap while wearing this, which is far better than the previous shaking, panting and drooling anxiety! It’s lightweight material so it’s not really a weighted vest, but it does give a nice little hug when secured around the dog’s body. The lightweight material is welcome in hotter climates so the dog doesn’t heat up while wearing.
It's the best thing I've tried
My senior citizen dog has lost some vision and some hearing and now things scare her. This thundersweater has been the best thing I've tried. She has been on two different medications, but they take so long to work and her panic attacks lasted so long. I put the thundersweater on and she is instantly comforted. She seems happy to have me put it on her. Thank you