TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House with Weatherproof Finish, Elevated Floor
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Solid pine construction requires little maintenance with a draft-resistant tongue-and-groove design.
- Weatherproof sealing inside and out plus an off-center door provides additional protection from the wind and rain.
- Roof is covered in durable composite shingles and can be propped open using two locking arms for additional ventilation.
- Removable floor allows for easy cleaning and the adjustable, hard plastic feet level the shelter on uneven ground.
- Small/Medium size is suitable for dogs up to 45 pounds, large up to 70 pounds and extra large up to 95 pounds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Dome Dog House$124.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, Beige, Small$146.99Chewy Price$169.99List Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$59.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Craftsman Wooden Outdoor Dog House, Brown, Medium$229.99Chewy Price
- EcoSMART Bonita Pet Dog House, Red$59.99Chewy Price
- Aspen Pet Petbarn 3 Plastic Dog House, 25-50 lbs$79.99Chewy Price$136.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Lodge Dog House$181.99Chewy Price$226.99List Price
- Merry Products Room with a View Wood Dog & Cat House$99.00Chewy Price
- Frisco Modern Wooden Outdoor Dog House, White, Medium$274.99Chewy Price
- Petmate Barnhome III Dog House, Small$51.03Chewy Price$113.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Barn Style Dog House Plastic Door, Large$10.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Precision Pet Products Outback Dog House Door, Medium/Large$30.52Chewy Price$32.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
280 Customer Reviews
Item arrived with multiple chips, scuffs, and scratches. Some parts were warped and did not fit properly. Assembly instructions are poor and require some guessing as there are not marks and in some cases, no pre-drilled holes to indicate where to place things. Ultimately I would not recommend this product and would instead, recommend spending a little more for something of higher quality.
Purchased for a duck house
Overall this product is good. The wood can split easily so you have to be careful putting the screws in. My ducklings needed shelter and they love it! I like how the roof lifts up for easy cleaning.
Bought this for the feral cats I feed . The directions suck so look on the box it will help . We put it together within 15 minutes and I will say I like it . I also bought a self warming pad to put inside for the cold . It Wil fit 2 cats comfortably . Would recommend this house . Some have made the comments about the floor . If you put all the sides together when you try to put the floor in Angel it Down from that opening in the front and you will be just fine putting it in there perfectly . The second wood on the inside opening is what people are getting stuck on trying to get the flooring in .
Trixie dog house
What a beautiful piece of furniture for our dog, but also our patio. Extremely well made and easy to put together. Spacious and very easy to keep clean. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase.
Makes a great tortoise house
While I do have dogs that would probably love this, I bought it specifically to house my desert tortoise during hibernation. I like the look of it as well as the quality and ease of putting it together. I added a few inches of dirt inside so she could burrow in, and she seems quite content. I also added a bit of tarp to cover the doorway, it keeps it from being too drafty.
Great idea but
The dog house design is awesome. But definitely need better material. Sometimes you get what you pay for. After I immediately opened the box noticed the dog entrance bottom piece broken. Not happy at all. I have an old dog that can't go up stairs or the ramp I built, so decided to get her a dog house and insulated my self for the winter months. I bring her in but when I leave for work she goes out the doggie door and can't come back in. But right off the bat, broken pieces. Can't make my dog suffer out in the cold any longer so I'm just going to make it work.
No to bad for the price
My Patches weighs 76lb# needed to reinforce the floor with board over flooring so the middle floor panel wouldn’t fall through. Put a 3’ 2x4 across the front (inside) to hold the cedar shavings in. Works great, didn’t take long for him to realize he now has a warm cozy home and he loves it! Super easy to put together!
Cheap, worthless. Lasted 2 weeks!
Unless you have a docile, older dog stay away from this house. It’s extremely cheap & thin wood. I have 10 month old German Shepard and he chewed on the entrance mounding. If the entrance gets chewed up, the whole front of the house collapses. And it’s easy to do if you have a restless/ bored dog. It’s cheap soft wood that dogs easily chew up. Within 2 weeks of new, it got demolished. And that’s with doing dog training and spraying vinegar etc on the areas to try to preserve the house & keep the dog from chewing it. I wasted money on this purchase and I can’t believe these dog houses are allowed to be on the market and sold by a major carrier like Chewy.com Build quality- you do need to put a waterproof sealer on the wood before you build it. Without it, the wood will deteriorate within a winter or two. I used a clear coat spray on sealant. 2nd picture- the Trixie house is on the left. The Retriever brand is on the right. It is a better build quality. Also the houses are the same size despite the Retriever being labeled for a medium dog and this Trixie product being labeled XL. I thought I was getting a bigger house than I received. The floor boards are also not reinforced at all so they are not sturdy for a large dog.
Its all Damaged
When delivered the box was a little beat up, nothing major but once we opened it and took out the parts ever piece is damaged (I don't think from shipping) the 'wood' feels very cheap. Very disappointing
sturdy and price very reasonable
I bought this for my neighbor's puppy. While I cannot control how people take care of their pets, I thought this gift might help the pool little girl stay dry and out of the wind and cold. Easy to put together and seems quite sturdy. Good price. I added 2 outdoor seat cushions for padding and to block any air coming in from the bottom.