Zoo Med Hermit Crab Heater
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps maintain proper temperature and humidity in small hermit crab enclosures.
- Raises ambient temperature up to five degrees to keep your shell-loving pals comfy.
- Pad can be placed on the bottom or the side of hermit crab terrariums with its adhesive surface.
- Completely safe and UL approved to use on plastic cages and works with just 4 watts of power.
- You can use it straight from the package with no assembly or set up.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zoo Med Digital Min-Max Precision Thermometer$10.31Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Zoo Med Precision Analog Thermometer & Humidity Gauge$9.69Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Exo Terra Ultra Thin Terrarium Substrate Heat Mat, 16 watts$32.99Chewy Price$42.99List Price
- Fluker's Mini Sun Dome Lighting Fixture, 10-in$24.99Chewy Price$37.74List Price
- Zoo Med Deluxe Porcelain Clamp Lamp, 5.5-in$13.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- REPTI ZOO Dual Dome Reptile Heat Lighting Kit$34.62Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- Fluker's Clamp Lamp with Dimmer, 8.5-in$20.95Chewy Price$32.00List Price
- Zoo Med Repticare Ceramic Infrared Reptile Heater, 100-watt$20.57Chewy Price$37.99List Price
- Zoo Med Repti Tuff Splashproof Halogen Reptile Terrarium Lamp, 50-watt$11.97Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Zilla Heat Mats Reptile Terrarium Heater, 16-watt$24.99Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- Zoo Med Combo Deep Dome Lamp, Large$60.99Chewy Price$72.99List Price
- Zoo Med Reptile Lamp Stand$21.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
This hermit crab heater is best we have found on the market. It's easy to use and we have our crabs in a hamster cage vs glass kind. We use stones and sand and these heaters make it nice for the crabs without being too hot or burning bottom of cage
Not sure what to think
I have two of these on a 5 gallon tank, it still gets no warmer than 71degrees, room is set to 68 degrees. The aquarium is covered. I'm baffled. They are both warm to touch but if each one only raises the temperature one degree, I'd need four more to get the temp I want?
We keep our house pretty cool. Ordered this for our hermit crabs and they cuddled right up to it. However it does not stick as well as I’d like. One corner kept falling off so I pushed it against the wall and that works.
Subtle, Stable Heat Source
This little heater is thin and easy to apply. It raises the temperature of my small acrylic terrarium a few degrees. I adhered it to the back left outside wall of the terrarium.
The product did not get the tank warm enough and it quit working after a few days.
I had never ordered from Chewy before, and I was genuinely impressed with the service and the quality of the product. I received the item basically overnight, and it was not damaged or anything. The heater works great and is very small enough for the aquarium. My little crabs are much happier because of it.
Heater did not work as I was hopeing for. It warmed up a little but barely enough for heat to come out so my hermit crab can feel it and didn’t stick very good to the cage on the side and underneath. Wouldn’t recommend to anybody to be honest! Disappointment of $15 spent save YOURE money
10 Gallon Tank
I stuck the heater to the back side corner of the tank. My Crabs burrowed themselves right next to it. It's not as warm as the crabs would like, but it keeps them warm enough for the fall weather. I'll need to get something else for them when it becomes colder.
Having Happy pets.
Im very pleased with this product as i have just started my adventure raising hermit crabs .This Zoo med hermit heater works with just enough heat to keep my pets happy in their new environment.
Upset with product!
I plugged it in and barely got warm! And way to small for a 20 gallon hermit crab tank in witch is was recommended. I'm going to return it and try to find another heater!