ACANA Wholesome Grains Puppy Recipe Gluten-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The very first ingredient is fresh or raw, nutrient-dense chicken, which is also high in protein. The fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the only method of preservation, while the raw ingredients are frozen at their peak freshness.
- Crafted with wholesome grains, which are rich in fiber, highly nutritious and support optimum gut health.
- Contains more protein, fat and omega-3 fatty acids than ACANA Wholesome Grains Free-Run Poultry & Grains Recipe to support your growing puppy’s development.
- Zero artificial flavors, colors or preservatives are added in ACANA’s kitchen.
- 100% free from legume, gluten or potato ingredients.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ACANA Puppy Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 4.5-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Puppy Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 4.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Puppy Large Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 13-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Amazing Grains Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 22.5-lb bag$101.99Chewy Price$96.89Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$92.99Chewy Price$88.34Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Turkey & Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 6-lb bag$25.90Chewy Price$25.99List Price$24.60Autoship Price
- Nulo Frontrunner Ancient Grains Chicken, Oats & Turkey Puppy Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Raw-Coated Kibble Puppy Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$74.98Chewy Price$71.23Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Puppy Recipe, 12-lb bag$47.98Chewy Price$45.58Autoship Price
- BIXBI Liberty Puppy Original Recipe Fresh Turkey, Chicken & Fish Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Peas Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Petite Salmon Formula Small Breed Puppy Limited Ingredient Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oat Groats...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oat Groats...||Deboned Chicken, Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Beef, Deboned Pork, Beef Meal...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, High-Protein, High Fiber...||Gluten Free, High-Protein, High Fiber...||Gluten Free, Pea-Free, Natural...||High-Protein, With Grain, Natural, Raw||Gluten Free, Chicken-Free, Pea-Free...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Circulatory Care, Heart Care...||Digestive Health, Circulatory Care, Heart Care...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health||N/A, Digestive Health, Immune Support...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Catfish, Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Catfish, Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Pork, Meat|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
23 Customer Reviews
Love Acana Wholesome Grains
My GSD puppy came with Giardia and was on antibiotics for several weeks. She did not like the food that she came with (Earthborn grain-free) and her digestive tract was all messed up. After months of prescription Royal Canin gastro, I moved her slowly to this food from Acana. She's very particular, but she eats this, her BMs are good, her coat is great, her itching is little to none and we're finally off prescription. I crumble dehydrated duck patties on top and soak with bone broth or hot water.
Gave puppy loose stools
Puppy loved the food for the first few days. Then he developed loose stools and refused to eat it. He loves the adult Acana we feed a adult shepherd. As soon as he started eating that his stools were formed again. He absoultley will not eat the puppy food.
Worth the $
Rescued a 4 week old puppy. She was in really ruff condition. Vet told me to feed her a grain puppy food, recommended purina. The poor puppy suffered extreme diarrhea. Switched her onto healthy grains by acana, she is healthy, full of energy, living her best life! We figure, you’ll pay for it on one end or another we would rather it be on great health as opposed to vet bills.
He loves it!
I'm a very picky dog mom. This is a high quality brand in my opinion, and my dogs (one pup, one adult) love their food! The ingredients are great, not packed full of things your furbaby doesn't need. My pups give it 5 paws up! :)
Perfect Puppy Kibble
Our 5-month-old lab puppy loves this kibble. It is easy to soften/soak and blend to use in enrichment toys, and works great as a reward in training. This is high quality, grain-inclusive, high-protein.
I am a fan of both Acana and Orijen so when we adopted two large breed puppies I naturally looked at this brand for options to help them grow properly to prevent hip dysplasia. Because they will be over 50lbs when they're grown, I wanted a healthy grain inclusive food to help prevent heart issues. My dogs (Goldendoodles) go through the biggest bag (11.5lbs) in about 9 days so this size bag is not practical. I'd like to see this food in a 25-30lb bag so that I can continue to feed it. The only cons to this good are the bag sizes and the expense.
My black lab mix puppy loves this food. Very happy with food, she hasn’t had any stomach problems
Chewy is GREAT
My dogs like their packages from Chewy and so do I !!
I have a 10 month old GSP that has been on ProPlan large breed puppy, and ProPlan Sport. His coat was healthy and shiny, but as he grew and his stamina increased, his ribs and hip bones started to show and he definitely appeared underweight. I started really paying attention to his eating habits and found that he would only eat his kibble when he was absolutely starving and even then he wasn’t excited to do so. (I didn’t realize this sooner because my older dog will eat anything and was finishing his food off when I want looking!) My pup needed a grain-inclusive, high- protein and fat ratio diet since he is a very active sporting dog, and most others were either grain-free or too low in protein. Found this based on local recommendation and it checked all the boxes, so I crossed my fingers, and fed it to him and WOW!!! I have never seen my pup eat with such excitement and enthusiasm. He was excited before I even opened the bag just from the smell! SO relieved we found this dog food! Just like people, all dogs are different and what works for some may not work with others (the ProPlan gets fabulous reviews and my dog hated it), but for us, this dog food is a game changer!
Leia loves it!
Leia really likes this food. She will eat it hydrated or as is. She loves it and hasn't had and tummy issues with it. It has really helped her weight development which she was lacking on with her prior food. I would recommend!