How often can I use Advantage Multi for Cats?
Use monthly (every 30 days), year-round, to kill fleas; treat flea infestations; treat and control ear mites, hookworms and roundworms; and prevent heartworm disease.
When should I put Advantage Multi for Cats on my cat?
You should apply Advantage Multi for Cats monthly (every 30 days), all year-round.
How do I apply Advantage Multi for Cats?
Do not apply to irritated skin.
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of the cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat's neck at the base of the head, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin. Lift the tube away from skin before releasing pressure on the tube.
Do not get this product in the cat's mouth or eyes or allow the cat to lick the application site for 30 minutes. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming.
How old does my cat have to be to use Advantage Multi for Cats?
Advantage Multi for Cats can be used on cats at least 9 weeks old, weighing at least 2 pounds. The small cat size (5.1-9 lbs.) can be used for ferrets that weigh at least 2 pounds.
Does Advantage Multi for Cats expire?
Advantage Multi for Cats does have an expiration date that can be found on the bottom edge of the package. Advantage Multi for Cats should not be used past its expiration date.
Does Advantage Multi for Cats kill ticks?
No. Advantage Multi for Cats helps provide broad-spectrum protection against fleas, ear mites, roundworms, hookworms and heartworms. If you are concerned about ticks, Bayer has effective products that treat and prevent tick infestations.
How does Advantage Multi for Cats work to kill fleas?
Advantage Multi for Cats is applied to the pet's skin. The active ingredient spreads over your cat's body to kill fleas through contact so they do not have to bite your cat to die.
What if I miss an Advantage Multi for Cats heartworm treatment?
Life happens. If you forget or miss a dose, simply treat your cat immediately. Advantage Multi for Cats is heartworm prevention that forgives if you forget. It kills newly acquired heartworm larvae (baby worms) throughout the month to prevent further infection. After a single dose, if you forget and go more than 30 days in between treatments, just treat immediately and resume your monthly schedule.