American Kennel Club AKC Anxiety Vest for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Applies gentle, constant pressure to help him feel safe and reduce anxiety.
- Safe and comfortable and provides a drug-free alternative to giving your dog pills or medicine to achieve a calming effect.
- Relieves anxiety in dogs during high-stress situations like traveling, vet visits, thunderstorms, loud noises, meeting new people or introducing new pets to the household.
- Fuzzy fastener straps make it easy to put on wrapping around your dog’s torso quickly and easily.
- Machine washable durable fabric makes it simple to throw in the wash.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ThunderShirt Polo Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Camo, Large$49.95Chewy Price
- Surf City Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Black, X-Large$74.99Chewy Price
- Dog Fashion Spa Aromatherapy for Dogs, 0.35-oz$16.00Chewy Price
- ThunderEssence Natural Essential Oil Aromatherapy Drops for Dogs, 0.5-oz$19.95Chewy Price$18.95Autoship Price
- Warren London Essential Oil Calming Spray for Dogs, 2.5-oz$14.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 70 count$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- ThunderEase Calming Diffuser Refill for Dogs, 30 day, 2 count$39.99Chewy Price$44.95List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Pet Naturals Calming Dog Chews, 30 count$9.99Chewy Price$10.25List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- ThunderWunders Melatonin Calming Dog Chews, 180 Count$32.99Chewy Price$39.95List Price$31.34Autoship Price
- Happy Hoodie Calming Cap for Dogs, Small & Large, 2 count, White$16.99Chewy Price
- ThunderEase Pheromone Calming Spray for Dogs, 2-oz$28.99Chewy Price$29.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...|
|Closure Type||—||—||—||Slip On, Velcro||—|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
164 Customer Reviews
He Asks For It!
Our 7 year old shih tzu poodle mix has epilepsy. Medication has completely controlled his seizures, but unfortunately he still struggles with the epilepsy related anxiety. We purchased this shirt before he was diagnosed and noticed some difference when he had it on, but not when he was in full panic mode. Since he has been medicated and the anxiety is less intense, this shirt has been a godsend. It works so well that HE tells US when he wants it. Initially he would jump and crawl all over us (even when we were asleep at night) until we asked the right question: “Do you want your shirt?” And he would run over to where we keep it and wait for us to put it on him. Now, we leave it where he can get it and he brings it to us when he needs it. I wasn’t sure at first about this and I can see where it might not work for some dogs with severe anxiety and it is a bit wonky to put on, but when it works, it is magical.
Really does what it is supposed to do
I have only had it a week and a half and have had two occasions. One was a case of someone nearby setting off fireworks and the other was a bad storm. Both times it worked great. Especially the morning of the storm. She woke me up trying to get between my pillow and the headboard. So i grabbed her wrap and as soon as she was in it she walked to the foot of the bed stretched out and fell asleep. I am so relieved that there is something to help calm her anxieties.
Size isn’t accurate
My dog weighs 28 lbs so I got the medium that was for 25-50lbs. It doesn’t look at all like the picture, it’s almost too small, wrinkling up and we had to loosen the Velcro. This would never fit a 50 lb dog, it barely fits mine!
If you own a fat dog ;>)
The chart said will fit a beagle DOH! Not my chubby girl, get a size up. Other then that, oh yeah! Also, I fear her beagle sister will chew on it, when I'm not home. It's a situational thing.
Calms my nervous dog
My older dog has been more nervous every time there is a thunderstorm and with every vet visit. I really did not expect the Anxiety Vest to work on an older dog, but it did! She immediately calmed down when I first put the vest on. After the thunder was over, I was going to take the vest off, and she gave me a no-way look. She loves it. She did great at the vet’s, too.
Not what I expected
I do not see a difference in my dog when she wears it. I will keep looking. But it didn’t do what I needed. Sorry to say. I hope it works for you and your baby.
Nope for me
Eighty pound Laszlo doesn't fit into the XL very well or maybe too well! The directions are minimal and confusing. Thunderstorms predicted this afternoon, so we'll see if it helps
Great except for the velcro
I think this Vest is a great idea. The only suggestion I have is to use smaller velcro for the smaller dogs. The velcro for the medium vest is strong enough to keep an angry pit bull under control! My little, old poodle is afraid of everything now and when I pull the velcro apart, she is terrified.
Sadly, it is too small
My 95 lb GS rescue is very anxious. He was abused in his past life and now lives in terror of most things. Even his daily walk can be a source of terror if he encounters too many new people or objects. The vest seemed like it might help, and I think it would have, had it fit. But it is a good 10 inches too small! If you have a GS, then your dog must be on the small side and very slender to be able to wear this vest. My boy is not overweight, and very fit. But he is a big GS, not a petite one!
Larger size fits better
Dog loves it and calms well! I've used American Kennel Club brand for many years.