American Kennel Club AKC Anxiety Vest for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Applies gentle, constant pressure to help him feel safe and reduce anxiety.
- Safe and comfortable and provides a drug-free alternative to giving your dog pills or medicine to achieve a calming effect.
- Relieves anxiety in dogs during high-stress situations like traveling, vet visits, thunderstorms, loud noises, meeting new people or introducing new pets to the household.
- Fuzzy fastener straps make it easy to put on wrapping around your dog’s torso quickly and easily.
- Machine washable durable fabric makes it simple to throw in the wash.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Probios Dispersible Powder Supplement, 5-lb jar$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Animal Essentials Detox Blend Liver Support Dog & Cat Supplement, 1-oz bottle$14.96Chewy Price$17.00List Price$14.21Autoship Price
- Animal Essentials Heart Health Cardiovascular Support Dog & Cat Supplement, 1-oz bottle$14.96Chewy Price$17.00List Price$14.21Autoship Price
- Animal Essentials Senior Support Herbal Formula Dog & Cat Supplement, 2-oz bottle$24.20Chewy Price$27.50List Price$22.99Autoship Price
- Animal Essentials Colon Rescue Herbal GI Support Dog & Cat Supplement, 2-oz bottle$22.00Chewy Price$27.50List Price$20.90Autoship Price
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Simulated Canine Pheromones Calming Spray for Dogs, 8-oz$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Arm & Hammer Fresh Breath Chicken Flavored Enzymatic Dog Toothpaste, 2.5-oz tube$6.99Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Annamaet Glycocharge Post Exercise Dog Powder Supplement, 15.9-lb pail$163.99Chewy Price$155.79Autoship Price
- Nutri-Vet Brewer's Yeast Chewable Tablets Skin & Coat Supplement for Dogs, 500 count$8.49Chewy Price$8.99List Price$8.07Autoship Price
- Vetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 15-cc syringe$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- NaturVet Brewer's Dried Yeast with Garlic Powder Skin & Coat Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 4-lb$32.99Chewy Price$40.73List Price$31.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
172 Customer Reviews
Not a good fit
Go a size up. I honestly didn't like the way is layed on her so I bought her a sweater. Panda loves it better and is a lot calmer.
Love the material
Easy to put on and take off. My dog doesn't mind having it on and keeps it on until I take it off.
Used their sizing guide and it was very small, not for large dogs
Really does what it is supposed to do
I have only had it a week and a half and have had two occasions. One was a case of someone nearby setting off fireworks and the other was a bad storm. Both times it worked great. Especially the morning of the storm. She woke me up trying to get between my pillow and the headboard. So i grabbed her wrap and as soon as she was in it she walked to the foot of the bed stretched out and fell asleep. I am so relieved that there is something to help calm her anxieties.
Thunderstorms are scary.
The sizing chart doesn't allow for wiggle room. According to to chart Pearl should be a large, ( 56 lbs 31" chest) but after trying it on, an x large would be better. I do think it help helps Pearl's thunderstorm & firecracker anxiety.
Really like AKC jacket
Well made fits dog well happy made this purchase AKC jacket seems just like thundershirt but a little better made
He Asks For It!
Our 7 year old shih tzu poodle mix has epilepsy. Medication has completely controlled his seizures, but unfortunately he still struggles with the epilepsy related anxiety. We purchased this shirt before he was diagnosed and noticed some difference when he had it on, but not when he was in full panic mode. Since he has been medicated and the anxiety is less intense, this shirt has been a godsend. It works so well that HE tells US when he wants it. Initially he would jump and crawl all over us (even when we were asleep at night) until we asked the right question: “Do you want your shirt?” And he would run over to where we keep it and wait for us to put it on him. Now, we leave it where he can get it and he brings it to us when he needs it. I wasn’t sure at first about this and I can see where it might not work for some dogs with severe anxiety and it is a bit wonky to put on, but when it works, it is magical.
Good yet not
We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. This breed had a thick neck, and while the vest fit well everyplace else, the neck straps were too short.
If you own a fat dog ;>)
The chart said will fit a beagle DOH! Not my chubby girl, get a size up. Other then that, oh yeah! Also, I fear her beagle sister will chew on it, when I'm not home. It's a situational thing.
Awesome for our rescue helps her anxiety, plus she looks pretty in pink.