Amitriptyline HCl (Generic) Tablets
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Amitriptyline HCl is a tricyclic antidepressant. This medication is prescribed to help pets manage anxiety disorders including separation anxiety and fear of loud noises. When used with other medications, Amitriptyline HCl may also help with some behavioral problems, including managing self-destructive behavior and itching. Customers may receive this uncoated tablet under the names Elavil.
Proudly sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine and backed by the manufacturer.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Trazodone (Generic) Tablets, 100-mg, 1 tablet$0.22Chewy Price$0.21Autoship Price
- Rilexine (Cephalexin) Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 300-mg, 1 tablet$0.77Chewy Price$0.73Autoship Price
- DILT-XR (Diltiazem Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Capsules, 180-mg, 1 capsule$0.65Chewy Price$0.62Autoship Price
- Primor Tablets for Dogs, 240-mg, 1 tablet$0.80Chewy Price$0.76Autoship Price
- Enrofloxacin Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 10-mg, 1 Capsule$0.59Chewy Price$0.56Autoship Price
- Fluconazole Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 300-mg, 1 Capsule$0.58Chewy Price$0.55Autoship Price
- Spironolactone Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 5-mg, 1 Capsule$0.68Chewy Price$0.65Autoship Price
- Clintabs (Clindamycin HCl) Tablets for Dogs, 25-mg, 1 tablet$0.60Chewy Price$0.57Autoship Price
- Albon Tablets for Dogs & Cats, 250-mg, 1 tablet$0.52Chewy Price$0.49Autoship Price
- Clavamox (Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Potassium) Chewable Tablets for Dogs & Cats, 62.5-mg, 1 tablet$0.69Chewy Price$0.66Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
1 Customer Reviews
I have two special needs cats (one with severe colitis flareups and one with megacolon and chronic dermatitis) and this medication helps immensely with their temperament. Both cats were gotten as rescues around age 5 y/o and both had fairly traumatic backstories. Before being on medication for anxiety, both had behavioral issues. This is a prescription drug so you will need to ask your vet if it's something that would help your cat (not sure if other critters can take this). I'm writing this review mostly to help people that already have had this prescribed at the vet and are wondering if the quality is the same as what they get from the vet. It is the exact same medication that I had been getting from my vet so I'm guessing it's just the one manufacturer. I do have one thing to say regarding this particular pill. They come in 10mg tablets but my cats take 5mg so I need to cut them in half. The pills do cut cleanly but it would be helpful if the company that produces them would add a scoring mark for the 1/2 way point. I put the pill halves in empty gel capsules because they are tiny-tiny and I want to make sure they actually get the medication and not spit it out. I'm guessing the taste of these is bad because I can't trick the cats into eating them in treats or mixed with food.