API Extra Long Algae Scraper for Acrylic Aquariums
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Quickly and easily scrubs away unsightly algae from your acrylic aquarium.
- 18-inch scraper designed with extra-long handle helps keep your hand from getting wet.
- Designed with a durable, double-sided scrubbing pad.
- Helps you reach those hard-to-reach places with accuracy and control.
- Manually removing algae, along with using an algaecide is key to treating and controlling algae growth.
Help treat and control algea with API's Algaefix Control Solution.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Microbe-Lift Gravel & Substrate Aquarium Cleaner, 8-oz bottle$11.00Chewy Price$11.50List Price
- API Algae Pad for Acrylic Aquariums, 1 count$4.19Chewy Price$3.98Autoship Price
- Marina Brush Kit for Aquariums, 3 count$6.56Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- Marina Flexible Cleaning Brush for Aquariums, 1 count$3.65Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- Marina Flexible Tube Brush for Aquariums, 40-in$2.89Chewy Price$4.49List Price
- Marina Impeller Brush Set for Aquariums, 2 count$3.35Chewy Price$3.99List Price
- Mag-Float Scraper Blades Aquarium Cleaner, Small/Medium$12.49Chewy Price
- AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine Clip-On UV System, 3-watt$39.99Chewy Price
- AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine Internal UV System, 24-watt$109.99Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Marineland Maxi-Jet Water & Circulation Pump, Size 1200$17.99Chewy Price$42.89List Price
- Tetra Water Garden Pond Pump, 700-gph$96.99Chewy Price$98.89List Price
- Python Pro-Clean Gravel Washer & Siphon Kit for Aquariums, Mini$6.59Chewy Price$11.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Betta, Goldfish, Marine Fish...||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
15 Customer Reviews
Easy to use for BiOrb
I read that this can scratch the acrylic so I used the soft cleaning cloth that comes with the new filter and this scraper for the angle to reach the inside surfaces. I did not use the attached sponge on the surface to scrub, only to hold the cleaning cloth agains the side of the tank. It worked great!
review algae scraper
i washed it off and used it right away and wow what a difs. in my tank love this and will get more later as needed
Wonderful service. No matter my needs - be it aquarium needs, foods for either my cat or dog, the service is prompt and accurate. I didn’t receive an order in the past & they kindly sent a repeat order at no charge. Such a blessing. You’re appreciated at CHEWY! God bless you for your exemplary service and standards.
Handy for intended use
It works just fine as expected and helps to keep the sides of the tank cleaner.
Easy to handle
It's really easy to handle, works as advertised. it's BIGGER than I thought since I used to have an old one for glass tank and assumed they would be of the same size.
Keep it clean
This long handled scraper help to keep the aquarium sides clean. I have a tall aquarium and this does the job perfectly.
Beware sponge fibers
I washed and washed the sponge, as directed, before trying to use it in my aquarium. Despite running water through it repeatedly, as soon as I put it in the aquarium, fibers of the material spread all over the tank. I don’t know if it is cheap materials or a bad batch. I had to try to get out as much as I could so as not to harm my fish. I’m still in shock that API could use such cheap materials that could harm our pets.
Handle is a bit long, but other than that, it works fine to clear the algae from the sides of my 10-gallon aquarium.
Not Really Extra Long
It does the job but the handle is only 14.5" not 18" like I thought. Even then entire product is only 17". I assumed the handle part was 18". My mistake for assuming.
Excellent price. Seems that it will work perfect, thank you