API Tap Water Conditioner
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps to remove chlorine, chloramines and detoxifies heavy metals.
- Super concentrated, so you will only need one 1 ml to treat gallons.
- Safe for all aquatic and can be used in both fresh and salt water.
- Use during aquarium set up, water changes and adding fish.
- Tap water must be treated before adding fish to make sure they remain healthy.
- 8-oz bottle treats up to 4730 gallons.
- 16-oz bottle treats up to 9460 gallons.
- 1-gal treats up to 76000 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- API Algaefix Algae Control Aquarium Solution, 4-oz bottle$3.47Chewy Price$12.39List Price$3.30Autoship Price
- API Freshwater Aquarium Salt, 33-oz carton$7.55Chewy Price$10.99List Price$7.17Autoship Price
- API Ammonia NH3/NH4 Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips, 25 count$9.20Chewy Price$22.19List Price$8.74Autoship Price
- API Quick Start Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Water Treatment, 4-oz bottle$7.99Chewy Price$11.19List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Tetra Algae Control Pond Block Water Treatment, 100 count$133.96Chewy Price$141.02List Price$127.26Autoship Price
- API Saltwater Aquarium Master Test Kit, 550 count$19.92Chewy Price$47.39List Price$18.92Autoship Price
- API Marine ALGAEFIX Algae Control 16-oz bottle$8.70Chewy Price$25.19List Price$8.26Autoship Price
- Fluval Cycle Biological Booster Water Conditioner, 16.9-oz bottle$16.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- API Stress Coat with Pump Aquarium Water Conditioner, 16-oz bottle$14.89Chewy Price$14.15Autoship Price
- API Nitrate NO3 Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Kit, 90 count$12.25Chewy Price$17.99List Price$11.64Autoship Price
- dealAqueon Ammonia Neutralizer Water Conditioner, 16-oz bottle$8.39Chewy Price$13.49List Price$7.97Autoship Price
- API Reef Aquarium Master Test Kit, 1 count$32.79Chewy Price$45.99List Price$31.15Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Cichlid, Betta...||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||—||Sodium Thiosulfate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Carbonate...||—|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
57 Customer Reviews
No way to test Tap water conditioner.
I purchased this because my daughter says that it is suppose to work. We have city water and all of the cocktails of chemicals. I have no way of knowing if it works because I don’t have a test kit to determine.
Does the job
I have been using API Tap Water Conditioner for years and have never had a problem. It does everything the more expensive water conditioners do, but at a fraction of the cost. Spend money on the fish you want and not water conditioners.
Works as it should n price is right for the amount
Api good stuff
I've been using api products for years test kits water treatments and medications never have I had a problem.
Works as intended
Works great ! Usually I add more than intended as my state adds ammonia to the tap water, but since this is super strength formula, I don’t ! Recommend this if your state does the same ! It wastes less product !
must condition tap water
You need a water conditioner to remove chemicals from your tap water if you keep tropical fish or gold fish.
Good price for the amount you get. Arrived quickly. Only concern is that Chewy's instructions for dosing is different from what's on the label.
Good product. I will buy again. Better deal on Chewy than the store :)
Fast shipping/best prices
Great product to do any type of water change. On a side note, I enjoy giving chewy my business because they have the best prices, shipping is fast, and customer service is A+
Water for plants
I use it to prep tap water for use on all my indoor plants, especially the jewel orchids. Previously used the API heavy metal neutralizer for my small fish pond with plants. Same effect, may the same product? Either way, both seem to work well, fish and plant are thriving.