Chewy Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Last updated: January 13, 2020
Purchase, acceptance, or use of the Chewy Gift Card means accepting the following terms:
2. Gift Cards Redemption Redeemable for merchandise and services purchased by residents of the contiguous United States at Chewy.com. Gift Cards cannot be purchased with coupons, promotional offers and are not Autoship eligible. Gift Cards cannot be used to buy other gift cards or similar stored value products. You are limited to use of one Chewy Gift Card per order. Gift Cards do not expire and there are no fees associated with their use. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash, except where required by law in particular states. Gift Cards are not transferable from one Chewy account to another. If a purchase exceeds your Gift Card balance, the remaining amount must be paid with another payment method. Please contact us with questions and for more information.
3. Purchase Limitations The maximum value that can be associated with any one Gift Card is $2,000 and total purchases of Gift Cards by any one individual may not exceed $10,000 in one calendar day. Unused Gift Cards may not be transferred. If you return merchandise originally purchased with a Gift Card, any refund will be issued to the Gift Card or in the form of another Gift Card or plastic gift card. Any merchandise purchased with a Gift Card is subject to the applicable store or online return policies. Chewy Gift Cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be reloaded, resold, used for payment outside of www.chewy.com, or used by any third party in connection any marketing, advertising, or other promotional activities.
4. View Your Balance There are two ways to determine your Gift Card balance: (1) by going to your Chewy account at http://www.chewy.com , where all Gift Cards associated with your Chewy Account will be displayed along with total balance information; or (2) by calling Chewy Customer Service at 1-800-672-4399
5. Returns You may not return or cancel your Chewy Gift Card after activation.
6. Lost or Stolen eGift Cards If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your Gift Card, contact 1-800-672-4399 immediately. Gift Cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen without proof of purchase. Only remaining balance on a lost or stolen Gift Card may be provided on a replacement Gift Card. Gift Cards have cash value and should be safeguarded accordingly.
8. Risk of Loss Ownership and risk of loss of a Gift Card passes to the purchaser as soon as we send the Gift Card to the recipient email address designated by the purchaser. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected Gift Cards. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to provide a correct and updated email address for the recipient.
9. Chewy Gift Card Customer Service If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, ownership, or use of your Gift Card, please contact 1-800-672-4399 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address.
10. Delivery Information and Requirements for Gift Card Purchasers If you have concerns about your order and delivery of a Gift Card you have purchased, please contact 1-800-672-4399 or email us at email@example.com. Please refer to your order number or be ready to supply your email address. We are not responsible for Gift Cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the email address of the recipient is correct and contact 1-800-672-4399 if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her Gift Card.
11. Reasons for Failed Delivery
Gift Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the Gift Card has not been viewed within a reasonable period
after the requested delivery date, following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
1. Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
2. Recipient's firewall blocked the email
3. Email inbox is over size limit
4. Invalid email address
If a spam filter is blocking Chewy emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not considered spam. If you need further assistance, contact 1-800-672-4399. Please refer to your order number or be ready to supply your email address.
12. Limitation of Liability CHEWY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF A GIFT CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. CERTAIN STATE LAWS SUCH AS NEW JERSEY DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
13. Violation of These Chewy Gift Card Terms and Conditions You agree to not use Chewy Gift Cards in any manner that is misleading, deceptive, unfair, or otherwise harmful to CPL, its affiliates including Chewy, Inc., or their customers. We reserve the right, without notice to you, to void Gift Cards (including a portion of your Gift Card balance or particular Gift Card purchase) without a refund, suspend or terminate customer accounts, suspend or terminate the ability to use our services, cancel or limit orders, and bill alternative forms of payment if we suspect that a Gift Card is obtained, used, or applied to a Chewy account fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of these terms and conditions.