Aqueon Algae Rounds Bottom Feeder Fish Food, 3-oz bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Daily diet for plecostomus and algae eaters
- Made with premium ingredients and unique formulas to keep fish healthy and energetic
- Contains only natural ingredients and contain no artificial colors
- The colors of the foods are attributed to the actual ingredients in the formula, and help to bring out the natural colors in your fish
- Resealable pouch maximizes freshness
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- GloFish Special Flakes Fish Food, 1.59-oz jar$3.94Chewy Price$5.19List Price$3.74Autoship Price
- TetraMin Tropical Tablets Bottom Feeder Fish Food, 1.69-oz jar$5.09Chewy Price$4.84Autoship Price
- Omega One Super Color Sinking Pellets Tropical Fish Food, 4.2-oz jar$7.59Chewy Price$8.89List Price$7.21Autoship Price
- Aqueon Color Enhancing Goldfish Granules Fish Food, 3-oz jar$2.44Chewy Price$4.99List Price$2.32Autoship Price
- TetraMin Tropical Granules Fish Food, 3.52-oz jar, bundle of 3$19.92Chewy Price$20.97List Price$18.92Autoship Price
- TetraFin Goldfish Flakes Fish Food, 2.20-lb bucket$35.43Chewy Price$41.59List Price$33.66Autoship Price
- TetraMin Tropical Flakes Fish Food, 0.42-oz jar$1.97Chewy Price$2.99List Price$1.87Autoship Price
- Tetra Betta 3-in-1 Select-A-Food Fish Food, 1.34-oz jar$5.09Chewy Price$4.84Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Sticks Goldfish & Koi Fish Food, 3.53-oz jar$4.38Chewy Price$6.09List Price$4.16Autoship Price
- Aqueon Tablets Bottom Feeder Fish Food, 3-oz bag$3.77Chewy Price$8.49List Price$3.58Autoship Price
- Omega One Super Color Cichlid Pellets Sinking Fish Food, 20-oz jar$19.14Chewy Price$22.39List Price$18.18Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Variety Blend Color & Vitality Enhancing Koi & Goldfish Fish Food, 2.25-lb bag$16.65Chewy Price$27.39List Price$15.82Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Whole Fish Meal (Whole Salmon, Herring & Other Mixed Fishes), Whole Wheat Flour...||Whole Fish Meal (Whole Salmon, Herring & Other Mixed Fishes), Whole Wheat Flour...||Whole menhaden fish meal, Whole wheat, Wheat middlings...||Wheat Germ Meal, Feeding Oat Meal, Corn Starch...||Wheat Germ Meal, Feeding Oat Meal, Corn Starch...|
|Fish Type||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater|
|Health Feature||Immune Support||Immune Support||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
I was disappointed with these algae rounds. When they arrived the whole pack is nothing but crumbs of rounds. I don't think that there is a whole round in the bag. I would never had bought this at the store because I would have figured that they had been stepped on a bunch. Disappointing because I was hoping they would be a less expensive option to the algae wafers I usually buy.
Bottom feeders like them... once they finally sink
I'm used to this sort of food sinking very quickly, giving the bottom feeders, for which it is intended, a chance to eat it. But these rounds tend to float, then disintegrate as fish swimming near the surface start to nibble on them. Not much reaches its intended target but what does that is largely intact is eaten so plecos and loaches do like them as long as they can reach them before they fall apart. Doubt I will purchase again as there are other brands that do sink quickly.
Fish love it
They sink slower than ones ive bought from stores. My fish love them and they are cheaper to buy from chewy than any store
Aqueon Algae Rounds
Fan catfish and two clown fish have been eating them for about 5 years now I found it's the best thing available over years of trying other products. My complaints are they're pricey and occasionally get a package where the pellets will not sink.
exactly as described
My fish love these rounds. They keep them happy as a treat.
If they don’t sink just tap them with your finger and they will go right under.
While the algae eaters seemed to like this product I did not. I put some in the tank before bed and the next morning the living room smelt like a sewer (just my description). I didn't know what it was from at first until I put some in my algae eater tank in a back bedroom and the next day it smelt just as bad. While the algae eaters seemed to like the product I can't deal with the horrible smelling water. It went away a day later! And against what the product states, the water did turn green for a couple of day. I was using another brand and while the water might get a hint of an odor from the wafer its nothing like these. I'll be going back to the other brand. Sorry plecos, I know you like them but.
Don't immediately sink
These rounds are a little small for my large fish (I have a 120 gallon tank), but my main issue is that they will often float before sinking. This prevents me from dropping them into a specific location within my tank. If you don't care that they float, this product is fine--the fish definitely seem to like them and Aqueon is good quality.