Baskerville Ultra Dog Muzzle
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Soft and lightweight for a comfortable fit and has a treat-friendly design so you can feed your dog while he's wearing his muzzle.
- Tough and durable malleable thermal plastic rubber provides protection and can even be heated with hot water and shaped for a customized fit.
- Great for behavior modification programs.
- Ergonomically designed safety strapping keeps the muzzle secure and features two points of attachment, a loop for your dog's collar and a removable over-head safety strap.
- Fully adjustable head and neck straps with added comfort from neoprene padded lining.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- CollarDirect Leather Basket Dog Muzzle for Pitbull, Brown$29.99Chewy Price$34.47List Price
- Coastal Pet Products Best Fit Adjustable Mesh Dog Muzzle, Black, Size 6$12.15Chewy Price$13.49List Price
- CollarDirect Leather Dog Muzzle for Staffordshire & Terrier, Black$29.99Chewy Price$35.44List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Medium$22.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar, Apple Green, Large: 11 to 24-in neck$19.95Chewy Price$24.90List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash, Bonez, Medium: 9 to 19-in neck$22.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Blueberry Pet 3M Multi-Colored Stripe Polyester Reflective Dog Collar, Pink & White, Small: 12 to 16-in neck, 5/8-in wide$18.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- 2 Hounds Design Freedom No Pull Nylon Dog Harness & Leash, Raspberry, Medium: 22 to 28-in chest, 1-in wide$39.56Chewy Price$40.96List Price
- Four Paws Walk-About Quick-Fit Dog Muzzle, S$8.80Chewy Price$18.69List Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 3: 15.5 to 21-in neck$14.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Alcott Polyester Reflective Martingale Dog Collar, Black, Large: 18 to 26-in neck$13.59Chewy Price$15.99List Price
Questions & Answers
26 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
607 Customer Reviews
Not the right muzzle
These muzzles are not the baskervilles with the buckle as advertised. They are all, black or tan, the muzzles with the new clip designs that do not work well for shelter use. I only recommend these muzzles for private use with your resident dog, but these do not work well for shelter use as the fitting mechanisms are a pain to refit to every dog.
Baskerville dog muzzle
I have never used a dog muzzle before. My dog is only ok with dogs she knows or is introduced slowly. I watched Cesar Millan and there was a dog like mine and he used a muzzle. The muzzle was the right size and I followed the directions of only putting it over her nose while she grabbed a treat. I did that a few times then put it all the way on for a few seconds. I did this a few times a day. It took about 3-4 days. We went on vacation with my son’s dog and used the muzzle. It only took a day and we took the muzzle off. It was worth it by not having to worry about her lashing out and I could relax.
Good Product but hard to get on
Good product. The dog can pant, drink and eat small amounts of food. It's difficult to get on the dog without getting bitten. I'm training the dog to accept it now by giving him treats through the hole in the bottom. I've managed to get the strap over his head but he shakes it off as soon as he grabs the treat. This is going to be a long, slow process to get him to accept the muzzle without getting bitten. I'm working with a newly adopted beagle.
I think this is working great, although my dog absolutely hates it. I got it because if I let him go run in the backyard, he spends all his time trying to chase and kill small animals (chipmunks especially and the occasional baby bird). This is behavior I do not condone. So I got the muzzle since I am too lazy to take him out on a leash. Now he runs in the backyard and digs, so he gets exercise, but I'm hoping no dead animals.
Our big boy doesn’t do well with the vet. We want it to be less stressful for everyone involved. We’ve been doing the conditioning and he LOVES it! I put PB in the muzzle and give him lots of treats. So now when I say “Let’s muzzle up” he is pumped! We go to the vet next week. I’ll update the review if I can with how it goes
High quality, durable muzzle
After a couple weeks of muzzle training, we're getting very close to being able to strap this muzzle onto our dog and him being ready to wear it when needed. The rubber feels very durable, slightly flexible, and the locking clip is a nice addition. Solid black with green logo.
muzzle didn't fit
thought this muzzle would be a good alternitive for the soft muzzle, my dog took it offand chewed on the plastic before I could fit it to his face. :(
This review is not ready for prime time. I've been working with my dog to adjust to it following the instructions. So far he seems to tolerate the muzzle going on short walks. The real test will be when I have guests at the house. My dog is a heeler and nips heels of strangers. Ask me in 6 weeks.
I like the fact that the dog collar slips through this. Gives an extra sense of security knowing that they aren’t going to slip out of it!
Overall it’s a pretty good muzzle. My main complaint is that the strap that is under your dogs chin that you run the collar through, is way too long. When I put it on him it folds in half and makes his muzzle sit at a really funny angle, but if your dog has more space between his throat and jaw then you should be fine. It’s also very hard to reshape fyi. The water needs to be boiling.