Caldwell's Potty Bells Original Dog Doorbell
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- An alternative to barking or scratching at the door, the gentle jingle of Potty Bells is a much more pleasant signal that it’s time for a walk.
- Training your pup to tap the bell when nature calls is simple with the included three-step e-guide.
- The snap closure easily attaches to almost any doorknob, lever or handle; the bottom set of bells hangs down approximately 26 inches.
- Charming yet durable, they’re designed with reinforced nylon stitching and four nickel-plated bells.
- Adorable reversible alloy ornament says “I heart my dog” on one side and “Potty Bells” on the other.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mighty Paw Tinkle Bells with Charm Dog Doorbells, Black$12.99Chewy Price
- Mighty Paw Tinkle Bells Dog Doorbells, Solid, Blue$12.99Chewy Price
- Mighty Paw Tinkle Bells Dog Doorbells, Pattern, Stormy Grey$14.99Chewy Price
- Mighty Paw Metal Brass Tinkle Bell Dog Doorbell, Silver$14.99Chewy Price
- Li'l Pals Dog Potty Training Bells, 27-in$9.29Chewy Price$12.49List Price
- Mighty Paw Leather Tinkle Bells Dog Doorbell, Brown$16.99Chewy Price
- Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 Potty Training Dog Doorbell, White, 2 count$44.99Chewy Price$54.00List Price
- PoochieBells The Original Dog Training Potty Doorbell, Good Dog Green$17.90Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- PoochieBells The Original Dog Training Potty Doorbell, Signature Tracks$16.18Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- Caldwell's Potty Bells Original Dog Doorbell, Black, 2-pack$12.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Coastal Pet Products Round Dog Bells, 3 count, Gold$4.08Chewy Price$4.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
464 Customer Reviews
Don't work very well, get the type that sit on the ground and they step on them
We trained our mini dachshund quickly and easily to ask to go outside, using the kind of bells you see on a counter, that they step on. Thought these would work as well for our new puppies. Unfortunately, I cannot get them to ring these on purpose. They will accidently bump into them sometimes when they are playing, but they will not touch them with their noses or feet. They are also not very loud or easy to ring. You have to grab them and shake them pretty hard to get much sound. Disappointed. Have ordered some of the other type of bell from another source, and after two times of tapping it with their paws when taking them out, one of them is already ringing to go outside. Much easier to hear, too, and less of a hassle than one that hangs on the door and gets caught every time you close it.
Works exactly as advertised
My puppy is 12 weeks old and it only took her three days to figure out ringing the bell. It has helped tremendously for house training.
My 13 week old mini schnoodle puppy learned how to ring the bells the first day we had them on the door knob. She’s tiny, but they hang low enough for her to reach with her nose. Usually she’ll hit them with her front legs. The louder and longer the bells ring, the more urgent her request. We can hear them from every room in our one-story home. The tone of the bells is pleasant—like sleigh bells.
I ended up using a command strip to hang this next to the door. I got tired of it jingling every time I went outside when it was hanging off the doorknob. My dog still knows to ring it, so it is a win-win. My only complaint is I wish it was a little shorter.
We have a new puppy and she pees on the floor all the time, multiple times a day, even when she’s just been out. She is a smart little girl and after a few times hearing the bells jingle as the door opens and closes, she has started to go over and ring them to go out. Still not potty trained but it’s a step in the right direction.
Meh, not very loud
My boy, Beaux, has an older set of potty bells he uses to go outside that are very loud. I decided to move the old bells to the outside of the glass door for him to ring to come back in and purchased this set to put on the inside of the door. These bells ring, but not very loudly. I can hear him tap the old bells from outside.
Train them up
Still working on the dogs to learn how to use theses, but this is a great start.
As well as expected
Good quality. Loud but not overbearing. Lots of bells. Hangs low enough for my puppy to reach. She’s still learning how to use this for potty breaks but she is a fast learner. :)
I was hesitant about this product at first, but thought why not give it a chance. I have a 3 month old lab and every time I was taking him out I would take his paw and ring the bells to associate him with going outside and the take him out. Two weeks later he now goes to the door and noses the bells to go out. I would never of believed that a puppy would have learned so quickly. Yes lots and lots of praise also when he does his business helps also. I highly recommend anyone with interest to give it a try.
Super cute in green -- works like our other door bells. Feels higher quality than most