What type of ways can I find my Cube?
- You can ring your Cube from the Cube Tracker app when it is within Bluetooth range.
- View the last known location of your Cube using the map in the Cube Tracker app.
- Enable ‘Notify Me When Found’ to enlist the help of the Cube community to locate your Cube.
What Devices will not work with Cube?
- Any device that does not have Bluetooth 4.0 or BLE, will not work. These devices do not have the hardware to communicate with our Cube hardware or Cube Tracker app.
- Any device running not-yet-completed Operating Systems versions (ex: iOS Beta or Android Beta releases) may experience technical difficulties. The Cube Tracker app is tested with and intended to be used by mobile devices running full, public-release versions of the iOS and Android Operating Systems."
- While you can access your Cube account through your computer or laptop, at this time, the application is only designed to run on mobile devices, as the community relies on proximity to a device in order to locate a missing item.
Is this a GPS tracker?
Cube uses Bluetooth to make a connection with your device. Once the connection is established, it relies on the GPS Location Services of your device to update the location informationthe Cube Tracker app. The Cube itself does not use GPS. Your Cube needs to be within the standard Bluetooth range (Up to 200 feet depending on the environment) of a device that has location services in order to communicate its location to the app. This means Cube cannot track objects as they move in real-time, unless there is a device within range moving with it.
How do I use Cube with my pets?
Cube uses Bluetooth to help locate missing things that are typically nearby - like the leash, keys, or your pet that's hiding under the bed! Cube is a perfect fit for in the home or property, but is not a GPS tracker, so it is not designed to track real-time movements.
What is the battery life?
The Cube Tracker & Cube Pro have a one year replaceable battery. Cube Tracker battery CR2032 3V.
How do I transfer a Cube to a new account?
- You will need to remove the Cube from the account it's linked to.
- To remove the device swipe left on the Cube you wish to remove. (Under list in the Cube Tracker app.)
- You can then add the Cube to a new account by tapping the plus (+) in the top left corner in the Cube Tracker app.
How to remove a Cube from an account?
To remove a Cube from an account swipe left on the Cube you wish to remove.
How do I find my phone with Cube?
You can use your Cube to find your phone -- even if it's on silent mode! * First, make sure that the Cube Tracker app is (Always allowed to run in the background) of your phone, and that your phone is in range of your Cube. * Next, quickly double press the Cube button to make your phone ring. * You'll see a notification on the lock screen of your mobile device, letting you know which Cube you rang your device from.
Does the Cube Tracker app always need to access my location?
Yes, this allows the Cube Tracker app to give you the last known location of your Cube when it disconnects from your phone.
Does the Cube Tracker app always need to run in the background?
Yes, this allows you to ring your phone from the Cube even if you closed the Cube Tracker app.
How does Cube work?
The Cube uses Bluetooth technology to help you locate your items. While Bluetooth technology is a wireless technology, there are significant differences between Bluetooth and GPS technology. The Bluetooth range of the Cube is up to 200 feet. Bluetooth is most effective at the 30 foot range, depending on the environment.