Dr. Elsey's cleanprotein Chicken Formula Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Over 90% of protein is animal-based to promote a healthy body mass and a satisfied appetite.
- Primary ingredients are among the highest biological value proteins available.
- Lower glycemic formula delivers just 4% of energy from carbohydrates.
- Ingredient profile is no-to-low oxalate to help prevent calcium oxalate crystals and bladder stones.
- 100% grain, gluten and filler free formula that’s full of vitamins and minerals like taurine and omega 3 fatty acids.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Elsey's cleanprotein Salmon Formula Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 2.0-lb bag$16.29Chewy Price$15.48Autoship Price
- Tiki Cat Born Carnivore Chicken & Egg Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 11.1-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Regional Red Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Guardian 8 Free Run Chicken, Wild Caught Salmon & Rabbit Adult Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Fit & Trim Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Chicken Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$42.90Chewy Price$42.99List Price$40.75Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Duck & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Indoor Dry Cat Food, 14-lb bag$45.49Chewy Price$49.99List Price$43.22Autoship Price
- Instinct Ultimate Protein Grain-Free Cage-Free Duck Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$32.00Chewy Price$39.99List Price$30.40Autoship Price
- Instinct Ultimate Protein Grain-Free Cage-Free Chicken Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Six Fish Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Original Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Tiki Cat Essentials Grain-Free Trout & Menhaden Fish Meal Recipe Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Dried Egg Product, Pork Protein Isolate...||Salmon, Dried Chicken, Dried Egg Product...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, High-Protein...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Indoor||Grain-Free, High-Protein, Natural, No Corn No Wheat No Soy|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||—||Muscle Care, Digestive Health, Eye Care...|
Questions & Answers
31 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
434 Customer Reviews
bits & pieces
Dr Elsey's chicken formula dry cat food was mostly bits and pieces and not whole formed "balls". This makes it nearly impossible for me to use as a training treat. And, when I feed it to my cat in a "slow feeder" he cannot pick out all the tiny bits and pieces. He has always been a member of the clean plate club, but I feel I am wasting too much of this somewhat expensive food. I have not had this problem with other flavors yet, it's only been the chicken formula.
I read great reviews and decided to try out Dr elsey’s dry food. First 2 lb bag was great. My newly adopted cat loved it. I ordered more, tons of broken pieces. Thinking it was an anomaly I tried out multiple bags ( chicken, salmon and turkey ). The turkey one was the ONLY bag that didn’t have super broken morsels! The turkey bag, however, had an expiration date 3 months from purchase date. When I contacted Chewy they told me that was an acceptable time frame. 3 months from purchase date? I finally gave up on dr. Elsey’s. Disappointing.
it’s a win for me
I have four cats and getting all of them to agree on a food has never really been possible so I always have to keep several different ones on hand. Amazingly they all absolutely love this one!! It’s definitely expensive but I feel it’s worth it for a quality food that my cats all find palatable .
Best Food on the Market
This food is fantastic, it is formulated by a veterinarian and it made with Animal Protein which is what CATS MUST have to be fit and healthy. I trust this product and my cats eat less because it's proper protein and meets their needs.
It's alright, as a backup
My cat loves the wet food, the most. But he'll eat this on days when I can't afford the "good stuff." That is not to say the dry food isn't good, but he's head over heels for the Smalls wet food. However, I plan on continuing to buy Dr. Elsey's food, as well. I have it set up in an automatic feeder from Chewy. I'm trying to give my cat a mix of both wet and dry, so he has both options available.
Don’t waste your money!
My cat used to love this cat food! I was disappointed when I couldn’t find it anymore and had to switch brands. A few months later, I was excited to FINALLY see it back in stock. The food itself noticeably looked different and there was a bunch of broken pieces with large clumps at the bottom of the bag. About halfway through the bag, my cat stopped eating the food altogether. After reading a few other reviews, I ended up pitching the food and primarily feeding wet food until I could find a replacement dry food. 0/10 would recommend. I think they have a huge quality control issue that needs addressed.
not great :(
The collar falls off all the time. Either it unlatches somehow or my cat slips out of it bc it gets loose over time. It looks really cute but it is very poor quality. Parts of the spiderweb bow tie tore apart as well. I’m honestly pretty disappointed.
BAD CHANGES !!!
This food quality used to be great. But something has changed in their quality and their quality control isn't checking or doesn't care anymore! The coloring has changed and the majority of the pieces in the bag of food are broken like it was the bottom of the barrel. I've received 4 bags with this problem (I get 2 bags per shipment). This food is too expensive to be letting this happen! I will be trying to get my cats to eat another brand.
This food has always been the big favorite in my house. Cats loved it, and i liked the quality. However over the last year the quality has become very inconsistent, some bags are mainly crumbs. They changed the ingredients, and i do think it made a big difference. My cats are not as happy with the food, and neither am i. This is difficult as 1 of my 4 is Diabetic, and does not like change. This food worked well with her for years, until the recent changes. We are looking at other options. My cats, Myself, and my Vet are all unhappy.
My "fish only!" cat loves this
My cat will only eat fish. If I insist, he'll eat chicken as a salmon-and-chicken flavor or something mixed with fish like that, but he refuses to believe that chicken is food. Chicken for cats, chicken for humans, he treats it all like sawdust. He'll occasionally eat turkey or beef, and he likes chicken broth (better than water, anyway) but never chicken. This is the fourth morning in a row I've awakened to find him trying to claw through the bag for this stuff. Since I'm trying to get him to expand his diet to cut down on heavy metal exposure, I'm thrilled. (Except for the part where I have to keep his new kibble in a big glass jar after finding the bag shredded, that is.)