Dr. Tim's Aquatics Ammonium Chloride Solution for Cycling Aquariums, 2-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Reagent-grade ammonium chloride for use during fish-less cycling.
- 50 mg/L of total ammonia-nitrogen (TAN) concentration.
- Pre diluted ammonium chloride makes fish-less cycling easy and establishes aquarium biological filtration.
- Concentrated ammonium chloride solution treats up to 1,200 gallons. The pre-measured formula is easy to use; 4 drops per-gallon equals 2 ppm ammonia-nitrogen.
- Does not contain scents or other dangerous additives.
- Use with Dr Tim's Aquatics Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Freshwater Aquariums
- Use with Dr Tim's Aquatics Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Reef Aquariums
- Use with Dr Tim's Aquatics Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Saltwater Aquariums
Be sure to pair this trusted ammonium chloride solution with Dr Tim's Aquatics One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Freshwater Aquariums, Reef Aquariums, or Saltwater Aquariums to meet your needs.
### Special Note 2-oz bottle treats up to 300 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealNature's Ocean Nutri-SeaWater Natural Live Ocean Aquarium Saltwater, 4.4-gal jug$22.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price$21.84Autoship Price
- DealDr. Tim's Aquatics One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Reef Aquariums, 8-oz bottle$39.99Chewy Price$61.59List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- DealMicrobe-Lift Algaway 5.4 Pond Algae Control, 8-oz bottle$9.39Chewy Price$14.95List Price$8.92Autoship Price
- DealEcoBio-Block EcoBio-Stone with Beneficial Aquarium Bacteria, Medium$17.00Chewy Price$39.90List Price$16.15Autoship Price
- DealAPI Algaefix Algae Control Aquarium Solution, 1.25-oz bottle$4.48Chewy Price$6.28List Price$4.26Autoship Price
- DealTetra Correct pH 7.0 Freshwater Conditioner, 8 count$2.92Chewy Price$3.99List Price$2.77Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond-Zyme Sludge Destroyer Pond Sludge Remover, 16-oz bottle$31.98Chewy Price$44.98List Price$30.38Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond Algaefix Algae Control Solution, 16-oz bottle$15.48Chewy Price$21.78List Price$14.71Autoship Price
- DealAPI Betta Aquarium Water Care, 31-oz bottle$7.49Chewy Price$8.48List Price$7.12Autoship Price
- DealAPI Saltwater Aquarium Master Test Kit, 550 count$35.98Chewy Price$50.48List Price$34.18Autoship Price
- DealAPI GH & KH General & Carbonate Hardness Freshwater Aquarium Test Kit$11.98Chewy Price$16.78List Price$11.38Autoship Price
- DealFluval Quick Clear Cloudy Water Treatment, 4-oz bottle$4.95Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.70Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ammonium chloride||—||Sodium Hydroxymethane Sulfinate.||—||Wheat Starch, Fish Meal, Dried Yeast...|
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Cichlid...||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid...||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Goldfish...||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
25 Customer Reviews
Very concentrated and strong.
Add this with caution. If you're unsure start with a smaller amount as it will definitely raise your Ammonia levels very high and very quickly. Great way to jump start a fishless cycle for any aquarium.
Product works as stated....would recommend for starting an aquarium cycle
Measure with a syringe
Instructions on the bottle are in drops, 4 drops per gallon raises ammonia to 2ppm. But! The drops the come out of the top are bigger than normal drops! Dont overdose your tank, measure with a syringe or teaspoon (1tsp=100 drops=25gallons) Works great and as intended when you measure properly.
I'm new to the cycling process but this speeds things along. I was "ghost feeding" to get my ammonia reading and that was going to take awhile. The only thing is for a 20g tank the 4 drops per gallon brought my ammonia reading to 4ppm instead of the listed 2ppm. No problem, just be aware. It took a week to build nitrites and nitrates, but once ammonia/nitrite read 0/.25 I redosed with ammonia and went right back to 4ppm. Waiting til it drops to 0/0 and then I can add my fish to his new tank! Looking at 2-3 weeks vs 6-8 weeks. Win!
Directions are not correct
Product works great for dosing ammonia. A lot safer than hardware brands that you dont know what else has been added. However start with 1 drop per gallon and test and and go up from there. As a lot of people say 4 drops per gallon is way to much. I ended up at 2 drops per gallon to get to 2PPM. Also be sure to dose to the actual gallons of water in your tank not the aquarium size. You can easily add to much.
Useful for fish!
I’ve heard good things about this and decided to get it for future tank cycling!
Cycling Your Tank
Best way to add ammonia to your tank for non fish cycling.
Got this to cycle one of my tanks and it does it’s job well. It’s way better to do a fish less cycle
Great product, amazing turnaround time
I am starting a fishless cycle. I ordered this on a Sunday morning and then received it just about 24 hours later. I was not expecting that and couldn't be happier with both the product and Chewy.com
Cheap and Easy
I feel that using fish to cycle a tank is not humane, so I opted to do a fishless cycle using this product along with a bottle of beneficial bacteria to cycle my tank. I had established media that I borrowed from one of my other tanks, but needed to triple the capacity as this new tank was huge. This product worked GREAT. As others have stated, the dosage as instructed seems to be too high. I used 1 drop per gallon of water and it worked perfectly, granted I already had colonized media in my filter, so maybe 2 drops/gal would be ideal for a brand new tank.