Eggland's Best 17% Protein Layer Mini-Pellets Chicken Feed, 40-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 1/8" pellets encourage the production of plumper eggs with stronger shells and 25% less saturated fat.
- High in omega 3's and 15 different vitamins and minerals to support the health of your chickens and their eggs.
- 100% vegetarian made with no animal by-products or recycled food waste.
- Made with no added hormones, steroids, or antibiotics because your family and hens deserve nothing but the best.
- Every Eggland's Best product is pasteurized for additional safety to reduce the risk of potentially harmful bacteria.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural 18% Protein Start Right Chick Feed, 50-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Non-GMO 20% Protein Chick Starter Grower Crumbles Chicken Feed, 5-lb bag$8.49Chewy Price$8.07Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Non-GMO 17% Protein Layer Pellets Poultry Feed, 40-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Non-GMO 16% Flock Maintainer Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Hudson Feeds Poultry Feeds Game Bird Food, 50-lb bag$33.67Chewy Price$31.99Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Hi Omega Layer Pellets Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Poultry Supplement, 25-lb block$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- Higgins Vita Seed Parrot Food, 25-lb$61.55Chewy Price$78.99List Price$58.47Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Non-GMO, Soy Free 5 Grain Premium Scratch Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural 17% Protein Layer Pellets Chicken Feed, 25-lb bag$20.17Chewy Price$21.99List Price$19.16Autoship Price
- Henny Penny Scratch Chicken Feed, 15-lb bag$17.95Chewy Price$17.05Autoship Price
- Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Macaw & Cockatoo Food, 3.5-lb tub$35.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn, Wheat, Ground Soybeans...||Corn, Wheat, Ground Soybeans...||Corn, Wheat, Soybean Meal...||Corn, Wheat, Soybean Meal...||Corn, Soybean Meal, Corn Distillers Grains With Solubles...|
|Special Diet||Vegetarian, High-Protein||Vegetarian, High-Protein||High-Protein, Organic||High-Protein, Organic||High-Protein|
|Health Feature||High-Energy, Immune Support, Eye Care||Eye Care, Immune Support, High-Energy||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
42 Customer Reviews
Something Fishy Here …
This feed is perfect. It smells great opening the bag and the chickens like it a lot. The shells are great and the egg yolks are rich in color. So what’s the problem? The smell of the cooked yolks is completely disgusting. The eggs have a strong fishy odor and my customer and family complain. The high omega 3s and my brown and green/blue eggs laying chickens do not go together at all. I didn’t notice as I usually pick the white leghorn eggs to eat myself but people started to mention that the eggs smell rotten. It was tougher to notice when baked with but just a fried eggs smells and tastes like I fried up some fish in the pan before using it to fry the egg. It’s really gross. I’ll be switching feeds.
Chickens like 'em
Nice small pellets that drop easily in feeders. My birds ate them faster than the larger pellets
good stuff!!!! a little pricy but the girls love the smaller pellets. Much better than crumbles. Again, a little pricy but good stuff.
My chickens seems to be enjoying the pellets. Will definitely be buying more if it.
Love This Food
My chickens love this food and they look really healthy and happy!!!
Great pellet feed
I used this feed this past breeding season for my pigeons. The breeders willingly ate this with no issue. All birds were healthy and I had nice healthy squabs.
Waste of money.
My chickens won't eat it. It just sits in the pan until it denigrates.
Scissor beak chicken...
I have a scissor beak silkie hen. She's small in size due to being a silkie, plus her beak makes it hard for her to eat like a normal chicken. I needed a cleaner feed besides crumbles since she makes a mess of her face. Then I found these mini pellets!! They are perfect size for her! All my silkies eat the same food and have been eating this for almost a year. They are in good health with good eggs! I'm thankful for these MINI pellets and that Chewy carries such a large bag...and delivers right to my house. Thanks Egglands and Chewy❤
Chickens don't like it
I bought this a few times for my chickens and they really don't like it. Im not sure why. I bought it because I thought it would be better for them.
Great chickens actually like it
My chickens are super picky. They only eat a specific brand and my local place has not had it due to the current events. Bought this and was like they will just have to eat it. They actually like it, so its my new feed for them