Flexible Filly Grazing Horse Muzzle
About This Item
- Slow feed grazing muzzle made of durable and pliable material.
- Softer, lighter and less restrictive than traditional muzzles.
- Well-ventilated and gentle on lips and teeth.
- Adjustable grazing hole size.
- Breaks just before your turnout halter does.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Weaver Leather Silvertip No. 95 Rope Horse Halter & 10-ft Lead, Raspberry/Black/Turquoise/White$52.45Chewy Price$58.29List Price
- Gatsby Cotton Bolt Snap Horse Lead, 8-ft, White$8.99Chewy Price
- Weaver Leather Track Horse Halter, Mahogany, 3/4-in Cob$92.99Chewy Price
- Shires Equestrian Products Avignon Middleburg Horse Bridle, Pony$58.49Chewy Price$62.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Turquoise Cross Beaded Straight Horse Breast Collar$79.95Chewy Price$108.79List Price
- Weaver Leather Single-Ply Heavy Harness Split Horse Reins, 8-ft x 5/8-in$35.25Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Black Leather Split Horse Reins$32.23Chewy Price$40.29List Price
- Weaver Leather EcoLuxe Braided Rope Horse Halter, Dark Red/Charcoal$52.95Chewy Price$73.69List Price
- Gatsby Mink Sleeve 4 Piece Horse Halter, Purple$13.99Chewy Price
- Weaver Leather Horse Miracle Collar, Golden Brown, Large$52.30Chewy Price$76.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Cotton Horse Lead Rope, Black$14.39Chewy Price$15.09List Price
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
13 Customer Reviews
This has been a literal life saver for my Cushings gelding. He refused to wear any other brand of muzzle. He was extremely overweight and after using all Spring and early Summer he’s back to a healthy weight. He can breathe, drink, lick salt and eat small amounts without feeling trapped! I’m buying a back up!
More affordable & comfortable muzzle
Flexible Filly grazing muzzle was about 30% cheaper & seems more comfortable than the Green Guard muzzle & LOTS more airy & softer than the black ones. I DID have to use a sharp box cutter to enlarge the hole a bit. This material is TOUGH but flexible. I attached it to a halter that has fuzzy padding on the nose. Set up is tedious, but once you get it done, daily use is easy.
Great product...even my sneaky mare can't get out of this
I have gone through numerous types of muzzles. So far this is the only one my mare hasn't figured out how to get out of....I appreciate the adjustability.
I was skeptical at first of these grazing muzzles but was intrigued to read how they drain faster when horses drink than other muzzles on the market. I feel badly enough my Arabians need to wear muzzles 100% of the time out on the pasture this year. Didn’t feel like adding to their discomfort. Adjusting the muzzles on the halters took some trial and error on my part. I wasn’t sure if the additional zip ties the company sold were worth it. After using a few regular zip ties I found I appreciated the Flexible Filly ones because they angle the cut portion so it doesn’t stick out as much. I ended up using a few regular ones and just filed the cut portion down so there weren’t any sharp areas. Additionally, I cut the grazing hole slightly larger for my mare one time but my gelding couldn’t figure out how to eat with his muzzle so I ended up trimming his twice. Overall, I think buying these muzzles was 100% worth it. They have been used 24/7 for over a month and show very little wear. I’m pretty confident they will last at least a few grazing seasons.
Horses can breathe easier!
This appears to be a good product, though expensive. Reason for 4 stars is I am unsure of its durability, since it is designed to break before the halter does. So far so good, and my girl can be tough on muzzles trying to get them off. She has been turned out 2 hrs. am and 2 hrs. pm in this muzzle for 2 weeks. She is certainly more comfortable in this than any of her other muzzles and this will be good for her on hot days. There was a little frustration at first due of the small opening but that is what she needs, (tough love!). This stopped after a hour or so. I attached it to a regular adjustable breakaway halter due to cost. I added a sheepskin fleece nose piece off the "midieval" muzzle I had, and it worked well to protect aganist the tie wraps rubbing. They do run big. Got the cob/horse and it fit my quarterhorse with room to spare. It would be too big for my welsh pony.
It's just ok not as good as.i hoped it would be.
Purchased this for my fat Quarab. The hole was tiny and it was not that easy to cut. The zip ties supplied with it were pathetic and did not hold it in place. Replaced them and its holding. It is light and airy so better than some others. Not sure how it will hold up. $65 is too expensive.
Great Customer Service!
Came in extremely timely!!! My sister's horse needs it....haven't seen any evidence of use yet, that's her problem. Always great doing business with y'all, and again, FABULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Thanks!!
This is the best grazing muzzle
We have tried everything. This is the only grazing muzzle that the horses don't despise, that their pasture buddies can't get off them, and that doesn't create rubs and sores. No kidding- if you need to keep your horses from blowing up on spring grass, this is the right thing.
Light and comfy
If ur horse likes to eat and eat and is gaining too much and needs a grazing mask this is great! Light and comfy! I thought it came with a halter for the price but u can use ur own. It’s a pricey purchase but worth it because it is almost like it’s not there! Treat ur horse! :)
This is much nicer than the typical heavy bucket muzzles. It seems more comfortable, breathable, and cooler. I don’t love the zip strip closures as the trimmed ends are sharp. We’ll see how well it holds up, but so far so good.