Happy Hen Treats Excelsior Nest Box Bedding Chicken Nesting Pads
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made from sustainably harvested Great Lakes Aspen.
- Helps keep nesting boxes clean.
- Soft material decreases egg breakage.
- Sized to fit most nest boxes.
- Comes with 15 pads per package.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Homestead Essentials 2 Compartment Chicken Nesting Box, 2 count$155.18Chewy Price$159.98List Price
- Prevue Pet Products T3 Antimicrobial Protected Paper Bird & Small Animal Cage Liner, 18 in x 100 ft$24.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- DealHappy Hen Treats EZ Chicken Leg Bands, 24 count, Small$8.49Chewy Price
- DealHappy Hen Treats Ceramic Nest Eggs, Brown$7.99Chewy Price
- Hen Couture Egg Collecting Utility Tote Bag$24.99Chewy Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama MiteBGone Poultry Coop & Dust Bath Herbs, 16-oz bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Living World Bird Cage Gravel Paper, 11-in$3.70Chewy Price$5.49List Price$3.52Autoship Price
- Homestead Essentials 3 Compartment Poultry Nesting Box$99.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med Avian Sun Compact Fluorescent Bird Lamp, 26-watt$17.66Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Lixit Plastic Egg Carton$9.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Brinsea EcoGlow Safety 600 Chick & Duckling Brooder$69.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Vitakraft Parrot, Conure, Parakeet & Cockatiel Bird Cage Liners, 21 count$18.45Chewy Price$19.41List Price$17.53Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Chicken||Pet Bird||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck|
|Material||Cardboard / Paper||Glass||—||—|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||Spearmint 24.94%, Rosemary 56.25%, Garlic 12.5%...||Spearmint 25%, Lemongrass 17%, Cinnamon 10%|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
31 Customer Reviews
These nest pads are very thin and do not provide the comfortable nesting spot they should. I often have to layer them to make a suitable nest. Then they fall apart during clean up. I have used pads from other companies that worked much better and will be switching back after this batch. I would not recommend these.
Do not buy!
I could've gone out in the yard and picked up sticks and glued them to newspaper & had a better product. Super thin, so this is extremely disappointing, it suppose to cushion, duh! I was expecting at least some cushion. Do not waste your money on these!
Waste of money
Thin, small and essentially useless. Not all the same size, some are half the size others.
Good for brooders
These are great for raising chicks. Perfect for the first week or two in the brooder. They are not large enough or thick enough for nest liners.
They fell apart so easy, my chickens hated them. Way too thin. I was so excited to them
Happy Hens Happy Life!
I learned of these through a famous chick blogger - Chicken Chick and they are incredible! I use them in the nesting boxes and then fluff stuff on top and they keep the bottoms clean and nice!
Disappointingly Thin Pads
I bought these knowing happy hens has decent quality treats and expected the same- they are very thin, hard to fluff up. I ended up doubling them up for my hens to have a decent nest pad. I'll stick to my prior brand, precision
Too thin, chickens won't use
Seemed like a great deal as this is the type of pads I use in my nesting boxes however these are less than half the thickness. My chickens won't use these even if doubled or already fluffed.
Good disposable nesting pad
Works well inside our nesting boxes. Pads are thin and disposable, they have a paper and twine backing that looks biodegradable.
Paper thin and not actual pads
I bought these because I wanted something more convenient than having to shape loose excelsior with every coop flip but they are literally a piece of paper with another paper-thin layer of excelsior on top. For the price and quality of the pads, I could’ve just ordered another 30 pounds of excelsior.