Precision Pet Products Chicken Nesting Pads, 10 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All moisture is drawn to the pad's paper backing, which gives your chicken a clean, dry surface to lay her eggs.
- The soft, cozy pads encourage your hens to lay eggs in one place, making egg collection even quicker!
- Wood shavings on top are designed to be nuzzled and nested in, but the pads won't lose their shape—no matter how comfy your hen gets.
- Completely biodegradable and sustainable, they can be safely composted after your hen is done nesting.
- Cushioned surface gives your chicken a comfortable nesting place while protecting her eggs from breaking.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Pampered Chicken Mama MiteBGone Poultry Coop & Dust Bath Herbs, 10-oz bag$23.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$22.79Autoship Price
- SunGrow Bird Nesting Coconut Fiber, Bedding Material for Parakeet & Finch Nest Box$5.97Chewy Price$8.20List Price$5.67Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Parrot, Conure, Parakeet & Cockatiel Bird Cage Liners, 21 count$17.07Chewy Price$17.97List Price$16.22Autoship Price
- Prevue Pet Products T3 Antimicrobial Protected Paper Bird & Small Animal Cage Liner, 21.5 in x 100 ft$23.12Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Homestead Essentials Classic 3 Compartment Chicken & Poultry Nesting Box$119.99Chewy Price
- Homestead Essentials 2 Compartment Chicken Nesting Box, 2 count$155.18Chewy Price$159.98List Price
- K&H Pet Products Thermo-Poultry Heated Chicken Brooder$39.97Chewy Price$82.99List Price
- My Favorite Chicken Excelsior Chicken Nest Pads$34.99Chewy Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Best Eggs Ever Poultry Nesting Box Herbs, 4-lb bag$82.11Chewy Price$89.99List Price$78.00Autoship Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Nesting Herb Starter Kit$62.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Pampered Chicken Mama Scent of Spring Poultry Nesting Box Herbs, 10-oz bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Hen Couture Chickens & Tulips Hen Saddle$12.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bird Type||Chicken||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck||Chicken|
|Material||Cardboard / Paper||—||—||Wood|
|Top Ingredients||—||Non-GMO Safe, Rose Hips, Calendula...||Non-GMO Calendula, Lavender, Paprika...||—|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
40 Customer Reviews
Great for the hens!
I was skeptical for the cost, but our hens kept kicking out the chips we normally use as bedding and without any nesting material, eggs tend to break or get poopy. I absolutely love these! I take one out, plop it into the nest box, the hens can try to scratch and rearrange, but it stays put! I change it out about every 4 months just to refresh and make sure I'm not fostering any mite/lice, but it's honestly been in good shape when I've changed them out. Eggs come out clean and not broken. I'll keep purchasing 100%!
Loved these but......
These worked very well and was all set to order more until they went up $10! I will just use loose coastal hay and fix the boxes up when the girls scratch it out. If you have scratchy hens they will loosen the hay off the pads but it does take a couple weeks for this to happen. Put loose straw on top of these pads and it helps. Would be a 5 star review but the price jump from $18 to $28 is just too high for us.
Good nestbox stuffer
These are good nest in stuffers. The hens fluff them up and they tend to last a long time before needing to be replaced.
Chicken Nesting Pads
I wasn't that impressed with these after a few weeks, the chickens just tore them up - no different really then having to replace the shavings to me for the price.
Not the same quality.
I have bought these for 5 years and loved them. I just opened my new package and the quality was extremely disappointing. They are so thin, there was no fluffing up like normal. The price increased but the product is unusable. I will not buy again.
I like the product, so do hens
The pads fill the nest boxes nice, and the hens cannot kick it out as easily as they do hay. However the package said 10 and there were only 9
these WERE awesome
These used to be the best now they are terrible! So thin, chickens scratch through almost immediately.
These work great. I just wish they came in a better package. Once you take one out, the rest shed everywhere. But cant complain about the product itself.
So worth the money! I highly recommend for chickens!
I have 60 or so girls and I love these pads and wish I had known of them before, they have greatly reduced my egg cleaning time, easy easy easy to use! And Yes, leave the paper on as it is part of the pad and goes on the bottom. One of my girls also would kick out nesting material but not these. She tried but they have remained in place for everyone else to use. And Im thinking I no longer need straw, just layer of wood chips or not and the pads...