Hill's Prescription Diet h/d Heart Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dog's heart health
- This formula is designed to help maintain normal blood pressure and minimize fluid retention
- Helps replenish lost nutrients for dogs receiving diuretics
- Protects vital kidney function while supporting a healthy immune system with clinically proven antioxidants
- Formulated with low sodium, high levels of l-carnitine and taurine, and appropriate levels of protein and phosphorus
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet l/d Liver Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$93.99Chewy Price$89.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet g/d Aging Care Chicken Flavor Dry Senior Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet b/d Brain Aging Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$80.99Chewy Price$76.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet l/d Liver Care Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet g/d Aging Care Turkey Flavor Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, Case of 12, bundle of 2$99.98Chewy Price$94.98Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets CC CardioCare High Protein Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$115.99Chewy Price$110.19Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hepatic Dry Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care Chicken Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$43.08Chewy Price$40.93Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet t/d Dental Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Whole Grain Corn, Pork Fat, Soy Protein Isolate...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Pork Fat...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Salmon...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Heart Care||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Brain Health, Senior Care||Weight Management||Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
72 Customer Reviews
My little Chi loves it!
My chihuahua was just diagnosed with some heart issues. While I was concerned after reading some of these reviews, we received the “new look” bag so I’m not sure if the kibble is smaller than in the old formula but she weighs in at just over 6 pounds and doesn’t have the best teeth, but has no issues with the size of this kibble. She loves it too! I’m so thankful we found this food for my girl’s heart issues. The only “con” was how oily the inside of the bag was. It was excessively oily and that grossed me out quite a bit. But maybe that’s why she likes this food so much? Also I do wish it came in a smaller bag but that’s not a deal breaker for us.
Smaller dogs, smaller kibble, smaller bags
In most of the reviews I find the issue to be the kibble is too big. PLUS, a 17 pound bag - How long will it take my chihuahua to finish a 17 pound bag? After busting up the kibble? Do you think Hills pays attention to these reviews? I do hope so!
My dearly loved 13 yr old with a heart murmur loves this food
Gave life back to my dog!
Our pup was having a hard time breathing and coughing alot... We have him on 3 different heart meds but it seemed things were getting worse. We got this food and his coat, weight and coughing all seemed to improve. It keeps their whole system balanced. I highly recommend Hill Prescription pet foods when needed! And Chewy is the best to deliver meds and food products on time all the time!!
Auto ship H/D science diet kibble
Everything came just fine with the SD heart/d kibble on my auto ship I ordered 5 Oct.
A review from matties mom
I was making my chi’s food homemade because she requires low sodium. However, she became intolerant and started rejecting after 3 years. She was switched to this and so far has done well. The bites are way too large for her so I have to soak over night. It’s rather pricey as well.
This isn't going to work
The only size available is the 17.5 pound bag at $78 with S and H. I did read the recommendation comments and hoped that my dog would like the food. He does have congestive heart failure and since he has gotten very picky about foods I decided to give it a try. I wish there had been a smaller size as now I am stuck with over 17 lbs of food he won't eat. I have other dogs (all small) and am hoping I can add a few kibble here and there to their food to use it up. It will take many, many months. Rescues in the area won't take opened bags of food. I am stuck with it. This is no reflection on Chewy, as they are wonderful folks who are most helpful, kind and patient. An awesome company, no shade on them for the h/d issue.
Low in sodium
When we found out our dog had CHF we were recommended to go to a low sodium food. In addition to feeding our 9 pound Morkie quality beef, fish, turkey, veggies and other home made foods we just started giving him some of this kibble at the vets recommendation. First the kibble is a very large size for small dogs. They will need to be soaked in water for this to be an option for small dogs or those without teeth. Also, with all of Hill's prescription foods, the ingredients seem to be questionable. The main ingredient in this food is corn. Also it does not have a lot of meat protein. It's only redeeming quality is that it is low in sodium 0.12%. The other closest kibble I have found with low sodium is 0.31%.
Great Dog Food, just a little large
Great quality dog food! Recommend by my Veterinarian for pups with MV issue and one with CHF. My Cavaliers really like it! The only thing I would change is the size of the kibble, it’s quite large. However my 12lb and 17lb Cavaliers manage to eat it.
Our dogs love their new food. The bites are too big for then. So I grind up mix with water and make mush. They love the mush and lick the bowls. Thank you for great food.