Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Real Chicken Recipe Wet Canned Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient in this savory recipe that’s packed with animal protein for strong, lean muscles.
- Contains 95% chicken, turkey and chicken liver and 5% vegetables, fruits and other wholesome ingredients.
- Made without grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Has a delicious pate texture.
- Made using the finest ingredients from around the world.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Real Rabbit Recipe Wet Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$52.56Chewy Price$49.93Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Organix Grain-Free Organic Chicken & Chicken Liver Recipe All Life Stages Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$40.32Chewy Price$52.56List Price$38.30Autoship Price
- Tiki Cat Bora Bora Grill Sardine Cutlets in Lobster Consomme Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12$16.56Chewy Price$18.48List Price$15.73Autoship Price
- Weruva Truluxe Pretty In Pink with Salmon in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$50.16Chewy Price$47.65Autoship Price
- Weruva Truluxe Peking Ducken with Chicken & Duck in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24$67.52Chewy Price$76.56List Price$64.14Autoship Price
- Weruva Truluxe Quick 'N Quirky with Chicken & Turkey in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$41.99Chewy Price$50.16List Price$39.89Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Beef Pate Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$59.52Chewy Price$66.96List Price$56.54Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Organix Grain-Free Organic Chicken Recipe All Life Stages Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$45.12Chewy Price$52.56List Price$42.86Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Adult Beef & Chicken Formula Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$41.28Chewy Price$42.96List Price$39.22Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Chicken Pate Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24, bundle of 2$108.46Chewy Price$103.04Autoship Price
- Weruva Truluxe Steak Frites with Beef & Pumpkin in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 24$64.52Chewy Price$76.56List Price$61.29Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Thanksgiving Day Dinner Minced in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$59.52Chewy Price$66.96List Price$49.70Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Rabbit, Pork, Pork Liver...||Duck, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...||Real Chicken Recipe: Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Liver...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Salmon, Poultry, Seafood & Fish|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Gluten Free, High-Protein, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural|
|Health Feature||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health|
|Packaging Type||Can||Can||Can||Can||Can, Variety Pack|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
534 Customer Reviews
Was good food but changed to worse formula
My cats had this for a while. They’re not super picky but it does take some time to transition. I was really upset to see that they changed the formula of the food with no announcement nor did they change the line of food. Just same marketing, different formula. Formula has much more broth and other vegetable and egg fillers with less turkey. Probably did that to make things cheaper, so you can scrap any nutritionist recommendations past early-mid 2022. Cats absolutely hate it too and it’s a real struggle since I don’t have enough of the old food to help transition, which is completely replaced by this new cheaper one.
Not as advertised
I've been looking for a higher calorie food for my cat who has been battling cancer and is having trouble keeping on weight. I bought this specifically because both Chewy's description and the pictures of the label show that the 5.5 oz cans have 240 kcal/can (3 oz supposed to have 131 or something like that.) I checked the label on the product i received which i was disappointed to find out only had 193 kcal/can in the 5.5 oz. It'll do i suppose, but not quite the high calorie diet i was hoping for. I should add that my cat's condition makes it difficult for him to eat which is why I'm looking for higher cals rather than just giving him more food. Some of the ingredients are also different than what is listed in the description. Chewy or Instinct should really update this.
I agree with all the other reviews about the change in formula.. It smells like a can of tuna despite it being chicken, there are no longer chunks of carrots and peas, and the “broth” is now thicker as well as a nuclear yellow color. Super weird.. There is also a ton of congealed fat specks where there used to be none, at first I thought my cans had gone bad before I looked this up. My cats are still eating it however I buy in bulk and have four cases of this weird smelling neon food… Will be researching a healthy alternative cuz I don’t trust it. I’d like to add that this is consistent as I have opened one can from each case and they are the same.
Recipe and calorie change
I've been using this food for awhile now and it's been perfect for my cats up until recently. It is now made in Thailand (many of their other canned foods are still USA made) and the ingredients have changed somewhat. The calorie content is MUCH higher which does not work for my cats. Thankfully Chewy refunded me.
Senior cat and young cat love it
I bought these for my senior cat that needs to eat more. He’s picky of what type of wet food he likes and often tires of the food after a while. I’ve bought many cases of this food now and everyday, he eagerly eats two + cans. The only thing he doesn’t like is the whole peas and carrot bits, he spits those pieces out on the floor. It doesn’t deter him from eating the food and there’s not too many of those bits in it. Also my young cat likes it too.
Cat will not eat this
I was excited about this product given its quality and balance of nutrients and purity of ingredients. However my cat took one whiff of it and walked away. Will not go near it even when I mixed her liquid cat treat into it. I used to get this on a consistent basis and have found that the consistency of the product has deteriorated overtime (used to be one solid pate but now an irregular watery mush as though it's been sitting on the shelf for far too long).
My cats used to love this food, and I used to feel really good about feeding it to them. My most recent shipment came in the other day and the cans are different, and upon opening them it seems the food has changed as well. The smell is different (smells eerily similar to Weruva Cats in the Kitchen, which made my cats sick), the texture is different, and the liquid/broth it is in is different. I don't feel as comfortable feeding it to them anymore, especially with the extra fishy smell that wasn't present in the previous versions.
This was working for my senior cat. He ate it and I believed it was higher quality. He didn't devour it quickly but he ate it. However, they recently changed the recipe. There are no longer whole peas and carrots in it, which is a good thing (unless they are now pureed and thus hidden); it also looks different - the gel is not clear anymore and I think the color of the pate is lighter. Anyway, my cat will barely eat it now. I may have to try something else.
Formula change: no longer made in US
Agreeing a the negative reviews on the formula change. After one of my cats gave it a pass, I looked at it, comparing it to the old can that I still have two cases of. It’s now made in Thailand. No thank you!!
My cats loved the rabbit - the chicken not so much
I started buying Instinct as a replacement for a veterinary diet that was out of stock in the rabbit flavor. The problem cat loved it so I decided to try it for my other cats. They loved the rabbit but did not like the chicken flavor at all. I don't know why other than they are overly spoiled..... They still love the rabbit so that is what I get them now.