Metronidazole (Generic) Tablets
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Metronidazole is an oral medication prescribed for the treatment of various types of infections, including bacterial infections and protozoal infections caused by parasites. Metronidazole may also help treat other inflammations found in the gastric system. This single-ingredient antibiotic comes in an uncoated tablet form and is available in two strength options. Customers may receive this drug under the names Flagyl, Metizol, Protostat, Metrogel.
Proudly sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine and backed by the manufacturer.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Cerenia (Maropitant Citrate) Tablets for Dogs, 16-mg, 4 tablets$19.36Chewy Price$18.39Autoship Price
- Synotic Otic Solution for Dogs, 8-mL$21.45Chewy Price$20.38Autoship Price
- Neo-Poly Gramicidin Ophthalmic Solution, 10-mL$25.49Chewy Price$24.22Autoship Price
- Albuterol Sulfate (Generic) Syrup, 2 mg/5mL, 16-oz$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Trilostane Compounded Chew Chicken Flavored for Dogs, 8-mg, 15 Chews$25.50Chewy Price$24.22Autoship Price
- Silver Sulfadiazine 1% Cream, 1%, 50 gm tube$18.48Chewy Price
- Furosemide Compounded Chew Chicken Flavored for Dogs, 100-mg, 15 Chews$21.40Chewy Price$20.33Autoship Price
- Dorzolamide HCl / Timolol Maleate (Generic) Ophthalmic Solution, 10-mL$20.49Chewy Price$19.47Autoship Price
- Glipizide Compounded Transdermal for Cats, 2.5-mg/0.1 mL, 3 mL$24.95Chewy Price$23.70Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 Customer Reviews
Prescription perfect for my dog
Vet recommended this med to help my dog with stomach issues. Chewy had the best price and within about a week of sending prescription, we had the med.
Full recovery in 48 hours! Thankful for this.
Recently, out of nowhere, my Lab woke up in the middle of the night and barely made it outdoors before he exploded with massive diarrhea. This continued all night, every couple of hours, and into the next day even once we started him on canned pumpkin and bland diet. I felt so bad for my boy. In the past my vet would always prescribe Tylan powder if he ever experienced sudden onset diarrhea. For some reason, this time they said the Metronidazole would be better (maybe because he's now almost 2, or perhaps this works faster). Anyway, we immediately started him on the recommended 1.5 pills, every 12 hours. The pills aren't huge so I was able to tuck them into a little cube of rolled dog food. Within 48 hours, so 4 doses total, he was 100% better even once I re-introduced his kibble. Firm poop, sleeping through the night again. We still have a few pills left over and I'm happy to have them on-hand in case he ever has a bout of belly issues again. This stuff works!
Helped my cat
My cat has IBD and this has very much helped him with his bowels and vomiting.
Can these be purchased in 100mg? My dog needs 25mg a day.
Works like a charm
My Collies have sensitive stomachs, which in turn leads to upset intestinal systems on occasion. Metronidazole works like a charm. It usually takes about 12 to 24 hours to kick in. I don't feed my dogs for a day after the onset of the intestinal disorder, but immediately give them this. Then it's chicken, or pumpkin, or turkey and rice for 3-4 days. After 5 days on the medication, I can stop giving it. Don't think the cure is a single dose. I can't live without this. :)