MidWest Ultima Pro Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dog crate with a strong, thick wire gauge and durable metal great for strong dogs, show dogs and pet parents who travel a lot with their pal or use it often.
- Includes a free divider panel, leak-proof plastic pan, a strong carrying handle and rubber feet to protect your floors.
- Convenient front and side doors with two slide-bolt latches per door to securely lock the doors in place.
- Easily folds flat for convenient storage, travel and portability.
- Ultra-strong crate design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- MidWest Ovation Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 49 inch$100.39Chewy Price$191.99List Price
- Frisco Double Door Furniture Style Dog Crate, White, 42-in$349.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Solutions Series Side by Side Double Door Collapsible SUV Dog Crate, 36 inch$81.49Chewy Price$177.99List Price
- MidWest Solutions Series XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate, 54 inch$189.99Chewy Price$314.99List Price
- MidWest LifeStages Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 48 inch$113.99Chewy Price$210.99List Price
- Precision Pet Products Indoor/Outdoor Crate Cover, Large$38.59Chewy Price$93.99List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Crate Cover, 24-in$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Frisco Quilted Dog Crate Mat, Ivory, 48-in$25.99Chewy Price
- MidWest iCrate Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, Blue, 24 inch$35.99Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- Molly Mutt Northwestern Girls Dog Crate Cover, 30-in$55.00Chewy Price
- MidWest Tubular Crate Dolly, Silver$95.99Chewy Price$197.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Collapsible, Divider Included, Double Door...||Divider Included, Carry Handle, Collapsible||3-Door, Carry Handle, Removable Pan, Divider Included, Collapsible||Double Door, Collapsible, Divider Included, Carry Handle, Heavy Duty||Double Door, Removable Pan, Corner Stabilizers, Carry Handle|
|Material||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Fleece, Coated Metal, Metal, Synthetic Fabric||Coated Metal, Metal||Fleece, Coated Metal, Metal, Synthetic Fabric||Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||No Tools Required, No||No||No Tools Required, No||No|
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
295 Customer Reviews
Chewy.com, as always, was excellent in providing a speedy delivery as promised. The crate appears to be very sturdy, the wire gauge is thicker than most. I am giving this crate a 4 star rating instead of 5 because there are a couple of defects in the manufacturing of this product. Where the top part of the kennel attaches to the end there is a bow which can not be bent or adjusted to fix it. The length of the panel itself is the problem. The other defect is related to the entry door on the long side of the kennel. The door does not close tightly to the kennel structure. There is some play where there should not be. The bottom latch has a bend in the wire which if adjusted would negatively impact the ability to latch the door. All in all I think it is excellent as far as sturdiness. At this time it will serve it's purpose and keep the pup contained. I am a little disappointed it wasn't perfect as this product is supposed to be top of the line.
We had too small of a crate to put our dog in. Would stress out and bark continously and drool. We put him in this. Its so roomy for him he hasn't made a noise or drooled.
Good quality, easy to assemble
This crate has been amazing for my puppy. I love having the divider in it so the crate can grow with the dog. That will save me lots of $$ down the road. It was a little difficult getting the divider in the crate at first but...just read the instructions first and you'll get it no problem :)
Seriously Heavy and Sturdy
We bought this to use as a catio for our 2 full grown cats. It's well made and will remain outside until winter. It has gone through several rainy days and as a result there are small rust spots here and there. We hooked the divider horizontally so that it can act as a shelf giving the cats 2 levels. Being super heavy it's good to know that it has small rollers allowing it to move in a straight line, no curves. The handles provided are a good idea but in reality there are numerous places to grab onto.
Great puppy crate
My 1 yr old shepherd wasn't crate trained, but he was destroying the house. I bought this crate, and he loves it now. It's very sturdy and easy to set up!
Impossible to assemble
I bought this crate after reading a positive review on the NY Times website. I found it impossible to assemble. The wires are very heavy, which is great, but they are hooked together in a way that is not possible to unlatched. You would need superhuman finger strength to remove the pan. The instructions make it seem easy, but unfortunately the product does not correspond to the instruction sheet.
Midwest pro crate
I have had many crates over the past 20+ years. Midwest crates have always held up very good. I never realized that they had a good, better, best. This Ultimate Pro is by far the most well made crate that I unknowingly purchased. Totally impressed just pulling it out of the box. The wire is thicker and the doors close so much easier. I think the doors will hold up better because the overall gauge of the wire will keep if from bending. I can’t tell if the plastic pan is specific to this pro crate or if it goes in any Midwest crate. I have never had a pan that lasted, they all break.
Like a few other reviewers on here, I've noticed the quality is inconsistent. I bought this crate and the one that is about $10 cheaper because I need two crates. The cheaper MidWest one I bought went to together easy and works great. This one, the Ultimate Pro one, is terrible. One side is higher than the other so can't hook all of the latches and the side door latches are also off so you can't open them. I'm not sure I can even use it, but unfortunately the box has been destroyed (partially in transport) so I can't even return it.
Almost perfect crate
This crate is great. My only concern is the tray is plastic. I thought my dog chewed and broke tray first time in it. Contacted the manufacturer and they were kind to send a one time replacement free of charge. That lasted a little over a week and cracked down the middle. It is pretty flimsy plastic so I'm thinking maybe weight of dog and movement as well as quality of plastic is causing this issue. I really like the crate so now an looking for a manufacturer to purchase a metal tray from. Would be five starts if it came with a metal tray.
Perfect for Final Size Home Crate
This crate is SERIOUS. It is extremely heavy, which is bad for moving, great for NOT moving. As a 65 year old farm woman, the crate box was almost too heavy to lift. But, I got it into place, slid it out of the carton, and needed NO directions to set up as it basically fell into place. Finished beautifully, LOVE the two doors-it now hugs the wall instead of being projected out into the room (single door). I feed inside the crate, and the second door (on the longside) makes access so easy. The only trouble was that one clip did not line up but a hammer fixed that in a jiffy. This is the final size crate, and worth the splurge in going up in sturdiness. It is NOT portable, but just perfect for home use, and for the hefty puppy. My pup instantly took to it.