MidWest Wood/Wire Mesh Pet Gate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This wood and wire mesh gate is designed to keep your pet in his very own designated area.
- Safe and secure pressure locking bar is designed to keep your pal in one place.
- Portable and easy to install with no assembly required.
- The wood and metal design go with almost any home decor.
- This gate is also paw-fectly suitable for feline friends and other pets too.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Arch 4-Panel Solid Wood Dog Gate, 30-in, White$79.99Chewy Price
- Carlson Pet Products Tuffy Expandable Gate with Pet Door$34.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Frisco Steel 8-Panel Configurable Dog Gate & Playpen, 30-in, Black$112.85Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- MidWest Steel Pet Gate, White, 29-in$55.39Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- MyPet Windsor Arch Pet Gate for Dogs & Cats$60.60Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- MidWest Glow in the Dark Dog & Cat Gate, White, 39-in$67.74Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- Carlson Pet Products Mini Tuffy Expandable Gate with Pet Door$28.99Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Cardinal Gates Outdoor Dog Gate, Brown$87.50Chewy Price$124.95List Price
- MyPet Extra Tall Wide Wire Mesh Dog Gate$50.24Chewy Price$122.00List Price
- North States Deluxe Hardware Mount Dog Gate, White$83.72Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Command Pet Products Wall Mounted Pet Gate, White$54.85Chewy Price$60.49List Price
- Regalo Wide Arched Decor Dog Gate, Bronze, 35-in$49.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds|
|Material||Wood, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Wood, Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal|
|Gate Feature||Stair Compatible, Retractable||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Chew-Resistant, Locking||—||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Chew-Resistant, Locking||Walk-Through, Pet Door|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted|
|Furniture Mount Type||—||—||—||—||Wall Mounted|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
148 Customer Reviews
Does the job but not durable or easy to use
2.5 stars. We chose this high gate for separating our new cat during the introductory period. It's good because our cats can't jump over it, unlike shorter ones. But the wood frame split within the first week (now held together with duct tape), and it's really clumsy to use. I guess you get what you pay for - if you can afford a better one, pass this one by.
I rarely use it and never have to set it up very tight in the doorway, as my dog never tries to escape. Tonight when setting it up, the crossbar snapped. It happened way easier than it should have.
Tall dog gate
This gate is awesome! I just got 2 Siberia Husky pups that love to jump. I had a 32" tall gate that they would jump right over. So far they can't jump this one. I love it! Thank you Chewy!
Perfect for the job
We needed to separate two smart and highly athletic tabby cats who are sometimes motivated to jump 5 to 6 feet straight up to fetch a toy or get a treat. They were tightly bonded but now are mysteriously (at age 3) starting to fight. While we try to train them to get along again, we wanted them to see & hear each other while staying safe. Stacking these babygates has been the perfect solution. Our cats are relative lightweights compared to dogs (9 and 11 lbs), so the gates are sturdy enough for any stress they could deal out. I don't know how this would work with heavier critters, but the gates do not slip or move once installed correctly. They are (contrary to other reviews) quite simple to install and adjust. The plastic mesh is the perfect size, permitting good view access and small paws to reach through. We intalled ours high enough off the floor for food dishes to pass under, or between the two gates. We leave them in place (for now). These have saved our sanity!
Perfect for stopping dog/cat war
This gate is the perfect height to place on my stairs to end the years long cat/dog war. Now they just sit on either side and have stare downs. WHY CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? Sheesh!
Midwest pet gate
I foster kittens and now have four of these to create three separate foster areas for kitties in different stages of vetting. They are light and easy to move around as well as easy to open and shut so we can easily move around the house. My only wish is that they were just a little more adjustable for non-standard widths and came in a higher version for cats that have learned how to jump.
Problem Solver Gates
My pet gates arrived RAPIDLY and were a great price. The height of the gates is perfect for keeping my cats and dogs from jumping over. The convenience of finding them online and having them delivered to my front door was very helpful!!
Great for Long Legged Pup
I have an old special needs dog who is not crazy about the new puppy my sister got. I bought this since she's so long legged. I feel he is very secure in his area.
Might be better as a light duty gate
I have a 60 lb dog that's on the tall side of typical in height and I ordered the 44 inch version. He just knocks this over. If I widen it another inch it's too big, and if I shorten it, it's too small, and the ratcheting bar doesn't allow for less than an inch difference. I imagine it would be suitable for a dog that won't try to knock it down(either because they're too small or not interested) but it was not a great fit for us.
Terrible Design and Quality
I don't get why there's a lot of great reviews. The gate is of horrible quality. It's uneven and won't touch the door frame or walls side to side properly, leaving a small gap between the gate and surface; it doesn't lock properly; it's not sturdy at all and wiggles around; it has no real grip. More importantly, it doesn't even stay locked in one place. If you want to lock it as a certain length, the clip still moves around which will obviously expose areas on the side. What's the point, then? Very shoddy and ill-functioning. It's also so much work just to properly open and lock back the gate.