More Birds Bird Feeder Seed Scoop
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Fill and refill in comfort with the ergonomically designed scooper.
- Made with a narrow handle seed spout that makes filling tubular bird feeders incredibly easy.
- The scooper keeps seeds secure inside with the seed stopper feature.
- Releases seeds from the tool on your command when you pull the seed stopper away.
- This accessory can hold up to 1.33 pounds of seeds to feed your hungry beaked buddies.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Perky-Pet Panorama Bird Feeder, Copper$14.98Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- North States Two-Way Squirrel Baffle, Large$14.91Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- More Birds Amethyst Jewel Hummingbird Feeder, 20-oz$19.98Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- Perky-Pet Seed Ball Wild Bird Feeder, Red$9.97Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Droll Yankees Omni Bird Seed Tray, 10.5-in$12.99Chewy Price
- Perky-Pet Replacement Hollyhock Flower Bird Feeding Port & Perch, 6 count, Red$5.99Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- Mosaic Birds Petite Glass Baffle Bird Weather Dome, 11-in, Clear$44.99Chewy Price$49.49List Price
- More Birds Sedona Screen Bird Feeder$25.84Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Mosaic Birds Cuban Hanging Bird Bath & Feeder, 20-oz, Aqua$45.49Chewy Price
- C&S EZ Fill Bottom Suet Wild Bird Feeder, Copper$12.86Chewy Price
- Perky-Pet Panorama Wild Bird Feeder, Brown$28.27Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- North States Village Collection Bayside Cottage Bird Feeder$24.99Chewy Price$27.99List Price
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
45 Customer Reviews
Very useful for filling narrow openings
i bought this scoop because I have a couple of bird feeders that have very small openings on the top to put the birdseed in. As careful as I might be, I end up dumping a lot of the seed on the ground, and chunkier seed mixes tended to clog up when I tried using a kitchen funnel. I didn't even realize this thing had a open-shut "door"--I just thought it was a scoop. After I found out, this was even a bigger plus, though I have since read other reviews, and I do agree that it can be tricky to keep the "door" shut. You do have to hold onto the tab to keep it closed, so it doesn't inadvertently slide open while you are carrying the scoop to the feeders. Another minus is that the size and/or shape of the fun actually prevents me into scooping directly into the 5 gallon storage buckets I keep the seed in. It kind of bumps into the side of the bucket, so I can only partially fill the scoop. I just ended up pouring seed from the spouted measuring cup I had used previously, often after I place the bird feeder scoop in place in the feeder opening. Anyway, I wanted a funnel, thought I ordered one, so this works out fine for me. I also love the bright red color. would recommend it with the cautions to keep in mind: 1. Don't rely on the latch 2. May not fit well in certain storage containers. I'm only taking off a point because if they are going to put on a latch, it should actually click into place, either in the open or closed position, as desired.
I find this item most useful for niger. It also helps with shelled seeds, but it’s a bit big and can tip over if the feeder tube is small. A small balancing handle at the top would have been helpful
Great Seed Scoop
This product works great. I needed something that would put the bird seed in the small tubular feeders and this does a wonder job.
Works Pretty Good
A little bigger than I liked, but works well. Has a little door to block losing what you scoop.
I bought two of these for birdseed and I was excited to have something to pour seed into feeders with a narrow opening. Both failed at keeping the seed in the funnel. I think the issue is the sliding mechanism that allows seed to pure out. It needs to be a friction fit so you need to push on it to open. The way they are now, it slides freely and I ended up with seed all over my kitchen floor the first time using one of them. And there is millet in the mix I make up so I will probably be sweeping and vacuuming millet for weeks now. If I paid anything more than the $2.49 for each one, I would have returned them. But I fixed them myself by adding a section on a plastic milk jug to the slider. Now it works as it should. To bad too because it's a great deal otherwise.
Love this Scoop, BUT...
... you need to keep your hand on it to be sure it stays closed while scooping. I bought it to replace an older one I had. The partition slides too easily by itself. Several times I had birdseed spill out onto the breezeway floor. A bit cumbersome now that I have one arm in a brace following surgery. Lol. Still really like it, though.
GREAT SEED SCOOP
NOW I LOVE THIS SEED SCOOP WORKS GREAT NOT LIKE THE TWO BIRD FEEDERS I ORDERED.
awkward to use
It’s very difficult to open the trap while still holding the scoop in place.
Didn't know how much I needed this!
Wow! This really helps refill the bird feeders quickly and without the usual mess. Whoever thought this up is a genius! It is made of soft plastic so may not last a long time, but is very reasonably priced for what you get. I have a Church and School house bird feeders with narrow openings and this has solved all my issues completely with refills.
Bird feeder seed scoop
LOVE HOW OT LOCKS AS A SCOOP & THAN UNLOCKS AS A FUNNEL ALL IN ONE