Nature's Ocean Natural Coral Aquarium Base Rock, 40-lb box
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 100% natural aragonite rock is great for decorating aquariums, conserving natural reefs, coral farming, culturing rocks and growing live coral.
- Rapidly adapts to live environments and will not affect the cycling of your tank water so it’s easy to set up.
- Acts as a naturally porous biological filter and is free of biofilm so it’s perfect for aquascaping.
- Naturally porous surface helps grow denitrifying marine bacteria that help decrease nitrate levels.
- Works for saltwater and freshwater aquariums and has been pre-soaked to prevent leeching so you don’t need to soak it before using.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sporn Ancient Vase 2 Aquarium Ornament$19.15Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Large Diving Helmet Aquarium Decor$63.40Chewy Price$69.29List Price
- Underwater Treasures Woodland Troll Fish Ornament$42.27Chewy Price
- biOrb Clamshell Aquarium Ornament, Medium$32.20Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- CC Pet Surrey Fish Aquarium Ornament$7.68Chewy Price$14.29List Price
- CC Pet Micro Castle Fish Aquarium Ornament$4.83Chewy Price$6.59List Price
- CC Pet Lava Rock Fish Aquarium Ornament, Small$2.36Chewy Price$4.39List Price
- CC Pet Solano Fish Aquarium Ornament$4.42Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- biOrb Slate Stack Aquarium Ornament, Gray, Medium$39.08Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- biOrb Shipwreck Aquarium Ornament$30.72Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- biOrb Mineral Stone Aquarium Ornament, Black$39.46Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Underwater Treasures Tree House Village Fish Ornament$29.83Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
64 Customer Reviews
This is my second time purchasing this stuff. I’m in college and hate to spend more money than I have to. I found this to be the cheapest thing on the entire internet. People complain about the size but what do you honestly expect for rock this cheap? I just bought a $5 chisel and actually glued some of the rocks together to create cool shapes. I’ve been waiting a long time to make this review so I would have a pic of the finished product. This stuff is awesome. Sponsor me natures ocean
just buy the caribsea rock
I got these because they were significantly lower in price compared to the other ones. They are cheaper but unless you want large boulders in your tank it’s not worth it. First of all, they are very dense, not as porus as pictured. Breaking them into smaller peaces and putting it together to make semi-decent rock-scape took several hours and it was quite messy; not to mention you will also need a bonding agent (epoxy or aquarium cement), super glue, a big hammer, eye protection, etc… All things considered, ready made rock is probably a better buy…
Great Dry Rock
I had received 3 huge chunks of rock which I had to break with a hammer and make a bunch of smaller ones so they would fit in my current aquascape. My only complaint would be that shipping took a couple extra days but that's to be expected with today's times.
Bad Rock Sizes
First of all it looks totally different in person. There are zero holes on it, it’s just smooth rock covered in layers of this dust. And 2. There was just two massive pieces in my box. And a small one about a inch in length. I thought this rock would come in like the pictures and be different in sizes and there would be a variety of rocks, but there wasn’t. Bought this to add to my 90 gallon tank but if there are not two rocks this isn’t going to add to the rock that I already have. Would not recommend to anybody.
Quality and size
Quality is good but the size is terrible I was expecting a few medium rocks but I got 3 huge rocks, it did not help me with my scape
Impressed with purchase
I have been reefing over 5 years and this was my 4th tank I am setting up. Decided to start from scratch and took a chance on this purchase. Was worried I would get broken /not nice pieces, but received 3 large whole intact pieces. Its not as "holey" as pukani, then again, youre not buying pukani rock. I was not disappointed. I would say it looked similar to the picture. I havent weighed it yet to see if I got actual 40lbs. It will need a real good rinse since it is dusty, but there wasnt much broken pieces or dust left over in the bag.
Nice reef rock
Was about to get the rock at a great price free shipping and it came with 3 business days
coral base rock
I expected to get rocks as pictured instead i get two big rocks[20 pounds a piece].What the H--- - L am i suppose to do with two big boulders.This is the only problem i ever had with CHEWY,still would recommend Chewy..
not as much as expected (40 lbs)
I ordered a 40 lb package and u got three large rocks all in one box. And when I saw large, I mean large. These were a tad smaller than basketballs. Nothing wrong with it. I just think rocks should be a little less expensive. This is a steal at a little less than 2 dollars a pound, totally worth jumping on this, and here’s a guide on how much to buy: (trust me, I want to be a stingy as you) 40 gallon: 40 lbs, 90 gallon: 90 lbs, and so on and so forth. Hope this helped you. TOTALLY BUY, ROCKS ARE SO EXPENSIVE BUT THESE ARE VERY CHEAP, WILL NOT REGRET.
Great Life Rock
Received the rock quickly. Got 3 larger pieces and one small. Very little rubble or breakage in package. Definitely rinse the rock before putting it in the tank.