Oxbow Apple Stick Hay Small Animal Feeder
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A stylish accessory with a purpose—great to hang in any small sidekick’s habitat.
- Fill with hay and watch your best bud munch and munch at the treat inside, he’ll also love the chewable sticks that make up the feeder!
- An innovative design was created to meet your pet’s instinctual needs.
- Encourage mental and physical enrichment that any small furry friend can benefit from.
- No need to worry, this toy was made with safe, natural materials.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Enriched Life Chinchilla Accessory Pack$23.19Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Ware Small Animal Sifter Feeder$24.99Chewy Price$28.49List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Small Animal Nectar Pod Holder$6.95Chewy Price
- Lixit Chew Guard Small Animal Water Bottle Holder, 16-oz$8.99Chewy Price
- dealKaytee Gravity Bin with Mounting Bracket Small Animal Feeder, 8.25-in$11.82Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Kaytee Hay-N-Food Bin with Quick Locks Small Animal Feeder, Color Varies, 7-in$11.49Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Ware Slide-N-Lock Small Animal Bowl, Small$9.68Chewy Price$10.49List Price
- Kaytee Vege-T-Bowl Carrot Small Pet Bowl, 22-oz$8.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Lixit Nibble Food Bowl, Color Varies, Medium$2.99Chewy Price
- Kaytee Paw Print Hamster Food Bowl, Color Varies$4.99Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- Kaytee Paw Print Small Animal Food & Water Bowl, Color Varies, Ferret$8.59Chewy Price$10.49List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig, Rabbit||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Chinchilla, Degu||Guinea Pig, Hamster||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Hamster, Gerbil, Rat, Sugar Glider|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Steel, Metal|
|Capacity (Max)||8-oz||8-oz||8-oz||20-ounce||2 cups|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||N/A||N/A||Elevated||Food Storage||Tip-Resistant, Food Storage, Elevated, Lead-Free|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
50 Customer Reviews
Not horrible but not great
I recently bought this for my 4 guinea pigs. They have no problem using it but we've only had it a few weeks and it keeps falling off its hook. My guineas aren't bothering the twine at all but I guess with a lot of use it came loose. Overall I do like the product, I just wish it was secured a little bit better.
The boys like it
I have 3 guinea pigs and I use this for their hay feeders. I hang it over the tropical fiddlesticks hideout in each cage and they lay on top and eat from it. I did drill a few holes on the bottom wood so I could secure it better with jute and I don’t use the top piece. I have a tote for hay and I just take it down and lightly stuff it to the top. Not so messy when you stuff it in the tote. It hangs in the middle of the cage so no hay gets on floor. Keeps them entertained.
Hay rack apple thing
It's hard to set up :( it came in a mess of Knotts and one stick was broken
Didn't play with it
The only reason I'm giving it four stars is because it didn't work for my guinea pig but it sure did work for my parakeet cage, my parakeets love it and it's safe for them to chew on.
I am not happy!!!
Piece of junk! Fell apart the 2nd time I filled it up for my Guineans. They didn’t do anything to it. Their too big and fat and lazy! The piece itself just started falling apart as filled.
Either it’s garbage or I’m an idiot
I can’t get the bottoms and tops to stay in place. I bought three and my rabbit had the bottom knocked loose on the first in less than two hours. The second one lasted almost a day, until my rabbit tore through the ropes knocking all the hay to the ground like some sort of rabbit sized piñata. I suppose it works great if you’re just using it as a chew for your pet, but there’s far more practically priced chews out there if that’s all it’s good for.
Good product, could use some improvement
My bun loves this! He enjoys chewing the sticks and working at the sides to get the hay out. He goes to this hay feeder before his other one. The top and bottom were a little challenging to keep in place and he occasionally pulls out the bottom and dumps it. I feel that there could be a better design, but I still like it and would recommend.
Falls apart easily!
The string that holds this material falls apart VERY easily. As soon as I opened the box, one of the green balls fell off and when I tried to fix it the rest of it fell apart!
Twig approves, but it could definitely be sturdier.
We bought this in May of this year, and our 6-year-old Holland Lop is still using it. It's been a much better investment than the little Hay Forager, which he yanked off the cake, threw on the floor, and pooped on. It did arrive damaged, with the top board already broken into two pieces, but I was able to shift it around a bit and tie it differently to make it work. Since he doesn't care to chew on wood a whole lot, it's lasted us - it's suspended from the top of his hutch, and it means more hay in his mouth, less on his floor. He's still pretty messy, but it's helped so much. One last note - especially because of the very awkward way I had to tie it, it's rather difficult to fill, and to be honest, I'm not sure it'd be much easier anyway. I found that the best way is to put your hay into a paper grocery sack, put the feeder into the sack, and stuff the hay into the feeder, so it doesn't make a mess. Once it's stuffed fairly well, it's not terribly messy, unless your hay is dusty (which Oxbow's is not), but since 2/3 of our cats like to eat hay and give themselves digestive upset, I still bring the sack to the edge of his cage, then lift the feeder into the cage and hook it to the strap on the ceiling. Overall, it's not the easiest product, but he eats hay much more enthusiastically and it's really cute to see him swing it a little to pull the hay free.
It was better online than in person.
Okay I was very intrigued by this purchase just to receive it and be highly disappointed. I love spoiling my hamster and well this was one of the worst things I splurged on. It may look cute but it doesn’t get the job done. It came twisted and a bit broke. I fixed it but my hamster didn’t really bother with it. It just took up space so I chopped it up into little toys to try and be resourceful. Save your money on this one.