Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Timothy Grass, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Meal...||Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Grass, Oat Grass, Orchard Grass...||Ground Timothy Hay, Ground Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Grass Hay, Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls...|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||—||Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||—|
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig|
|Special Diet||Non-GMO||High Fiber, High-Protein||Non-GMO||High Fiber||—|
About This Item
- Young guinea pig food designed to give your little furry one complete and balanced nutrition.
- Features garden-inspired ingredients with an optimal blend of Timothy hay and alfalfa.
- Includes 3 varieties of grass hay for variety and meal enrichment.
- Non-GMO formula contains no soy or wheat for those companions with sensitivities.
- Appeals to the pickiest of furry friends with an enticing herbal aroma.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Garden Select Chinchilla Food, 3-lb bag$12.46Chewy Price$12.99List Price$11.84Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Mouse & Young Rat Food, 20-lb bag$43.04Chewy Price$48.99List Price$40.89Autoship Price
- Wild Harvest Nutrient Rich Diet Hedgehog Food, 22-oz bag$5.21Chewy Price$5.39List Price$4.95Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 9-lb box$24.59Chewy Price$24.99List Price$23.36Autoship Price
- Exotic Nutrition Squirrel Food Starter Kit$37.95Chewy Price$44.95List Price
- Versele-Laga Complete All-In-One Nutrition Adult Rabbit Food, 3-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Oxbow Organic Meadow Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.55Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend Timothy Hay Guinea Pig Food, 8-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 20-lb box$52.98Chewy Price$52.99List Price$50.33Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Gerbil & Hamster Food, 1.5-lb bag$6.99Chewy Price$7.99List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Mazuri Ferret Food, 5-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Orchard Grass Hay Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
7 Customer Reviews
All of my pigs hated it
I bought this as I foster for a rescue and had a few pregnant females. They hated it and refused to eat any of them. The babies once born also hated them. If I put any other pellets in the cage they acted like they were starved and ate ravenously. So I tried feeding these to my other 7 pigs ranging from young to very senior pigs and they all hated them too. Do not recommend. I have used the oxbow essentials young with good results before and will go back to them.
My guinea pigs love it.
I tried it out because there wasn't any soy. My guinea pigs love it also smells really good.
Not necessary for baby pigs
Don't get me wrong. I love Oxbow products. Just need to tell you that different foods and hay(Alfalfa) is not necessary for baby pigs. I fed this to 2 of my girls who I started at 1 month old and my 3rd girl after they had been weaned from it. They are all on the "adult" version and they love it. My newest baby girl is 7 weeks and I tried to start on same "young" formula. Extremely difficult to do since it supposed to be fed as desired. Separating her from the other 3 at multiple times throughout the day is next to impossible.And she didn't seem to be eating much of it. When she rejoins the older 3, she seemed to be eating there adult pellets and seemed to prefer them.I got so worried about it I asked a vet on a Guinea Pig Forum and she said not to feed Alfafa at all. That includes alfalfa hay also. So I am much relieved and life will be easier for all of us. What I am upset about is Oxbow pushing adult and yong formulas that aren't necessary and maybe harmful. The expense is another issue. So if you want to feed this, go with the adult food and you can be sure your little one can get calcium from veggies. This food is totally not needed in alfalfa based "young" piggies formula.
Best food for baby piggies
Pretty much best balanced nutrition for baby pigs. Adult food doesn’t cut it for babies and it’s hard to find other brands formulated just for piglets. Good for the nursing moms too.
young guinea pig food
My guinea pig is very picky and I’ve went through multiple kinds to find one he likes. I tried this kind and he absolutely loves it. As soon as I put it in the bowl he ran straight to it. I wish it wasn’t so expensive but it’s definitely worth it. It has a very strong smell and it must taste really good.
Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Fod
My two "girls" ~ both 4 months old ~ absolutely love this food! They practically lick their dish clean.
Young piggie food
Guinea pigs seem to like the flavor there eating it well