PetAmi Deluxe Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed for optimal airflow to keep your pet cool and comfortable.
- Equipped with a firmly reinforced structure to help prevent collapsing.
- Back and shoulder straps contain extra padding for additional comfort.
- Has both waist and chest buckles to give you extra support.
- Made with durable 600D high-grade polyester for a long-lasting experience.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Premium Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Large$33.99Chewy Price
- DealPetAmi Airline Approved Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier, Charcoal$39.99Chewy Price
- DealFrisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Intermediate$89.99Chewy Price$96.00List Price
- DealMidWest Day Tripper Dog & Cat Backpack, Blue$72.07Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- DealJespet Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Dark Blue, 17-in$49.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- DealKatziela Voyager Airline-Approved Backpack Dog Carrier$69.99Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- DealSherpa Backpack Dog & Cat Carrier, Medium, Gray$79.99Chewy Price
- DealSherpa Original Deluxe Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Charcoal, Medium$61.60Chewy Price$119.63List Price
- DealSherpa Original Deluxe Lattice Print Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Black, Large$75.51Chewy Price$134.00List Price
- DealZampa Soft-Sided Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Blue, Medium$24.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- DealSherpa Original Deluxe Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Black, Medium$37.50Chewy Price$119.63List Price
- DealKOPEKS Deluxe Travel Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Black$59.95Chewy Price$89.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Mesh, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||—||No Tools Required||No|
|Features||—||—||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Seat Belt Loop...||—||Top Load, Removable Pad, Interior Tether...|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
28 Customer Reviews
Solid cat backpack
Very happy with my purchase. Big enough for either one of my cats (the larger of which is a 10 lb male) with room to spare. I haven't been great on my adventure/leash cat training but this also makes a nice travel carrier- much more comfortable to carry than the handle kind when walking longer distances. I've also used it in the car. Both cats like being inside and will sometimes go in just for fun when I'm not taking them anyplace. A little bulky as a backpack but understandably so considering the size animals it can fit. I'm glad I went with this one rather than the smaller version.
Cute but small
The product says it is for up to 18 lbs but it can just hold my 8 week kitten that chews the material to get out. The structure is not solid around side rims to keep the pack from folding in. And the velcro sherpa bottom detaches from velcro very easily. The color and style is great and the cushion straps are nice. But no way could this hold a grown cat in comfort very long or be big enough for it to lay down.
Love it and so do my pups
I love this this pet backpack and both of my teacup yorkies love it too. This is the first carrier that they will stay in without barking or crying to get out of.
Great for cats!
I bought this backpack for an upcoming vet visit for my 14.3 lbs cat. It's made of durable hard fabric, the bottom is sturdy enough to support him. He can sit down loaf style, or sit up, and he seems very comfortable either way. There's enough space for him to turn around too. 14lbs is probably the max weight I'd reccomend, if he was any bigger I don't think cats would be comfortable. Not for long trips, just an easy carrier for a small distance!
I purchased this backpack after determining my cat was frightened by the "bubble" backpack I already had. The Pet Ami fits easily under an airline seat when lying on its back. It was a comfortable amount of space for my cat such that she slept the whole 4 1/2 hour flight. Outer pockets allow for packing treats and toys. Comfortable for me to carry on my back with chest and waist height clips. Highly recommend.
I just completed 2 flights with my kitty in her backpack. It did not fit under the seat in front (when laid on it's back), so take off left me with no place for my feet. I had friendly seat neighbors who let me splay my legs around the backpack, but as soon as we were in the air, I put backpack on my lap, and it was perfect. The sides were strong enough for me to rest my arms. The backpack was comfy--she willingly crawled in it--moreso than her hardsided kennel. The side pockets were great for food, litter, and collapsing bowl and litter box. Zipper compartment was for paperwork. Mesh provided ventilation--it got stuffy waiting for takeoff. She liked it, and having her on my back freed up my hands, so I liked it too!
Great backpack for a good price!
I absolutely love this backpack. I use it for transporting my cat to and from my dorm to my boyfriend's house. Unfortunately my cat wants to get out of it because I don't think he can see that well out of it and he is super curious. Maybe if the mesh was a different, see-through material it might be better? The design is pretty good, and well made! I wish the side doors would open up/down not side to side to open and close but otherwise no other complaints from me! The quality is great too its well made.
Good Quality but Small
Great quality and seems sturdy BUT too small for a 17 lb Mini Poodle. Ordered this so my senior pup doesn't miss out on long hikes so I measured her to make sure she'd fit before ordering. Well she only fits if the front is unzipped and her head can stick out BUT her head is above the top of backpack and when I tried to pick it up to put in on she fell out because with her head sticking out the front "wall" wasn't even up to her chest. No way I can use this on a walk let alone a hike while walking the other dogs. Would recommend for cats or toy breeds under 10 lbs.
We own two!
Having left #1 at another location and now needing to fly to that location, we now own two! It’s a better option for a wiggly heavy cat than a bag if you’re flying. It does take up all available under-seat space and kitty will change where he sits lays from on back to laying under seat. My guy seems to love it! And having used a gym bag style with previous cats (female) who were smaller and less rambunctious than this guy, I’m very pleased to have him on my back with good straps and front strap too for stability vs. on a shoulder strap trying to navigate airports. It is heavier than the gym bag style but still my choice for plane or train travel, or short trip car travel. Even a walk to corner store. :)
good backpack carrier
I bought this to take my 10 pound cat, Annie, outside this summer. I like that it has a short leash sewn inside to keep the pet secure, as well as buckles on all the zippers. It seems pretty difficult for a pet to escape from this carrier! I also like the buckles in the front for the person wearing the backpack. It’s a great size for Annie too. The only real complaint I have is that inside the bottom liner, it’s just a piece of cardboard. I wish it was something a little sturdier. Overall though I’m pretty happy with this purchase and am looking forward to taking Annie outside more!